Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
03.26.2013 , 09:22 PM | #1721
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Still keeping my merc Pyrotech. Ill just improvise like what I have been doing this whole time playing my merc.
not a good idea
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.27.2013 , 12:31 AM | #1722
Yeah good luck with that mate =X
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
03.27.2013 , 09:18 AM | #1723
Bunko

-Wnd

TUXs
03.27.2013 , 09:21 AM | #1724
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Mercenary may be able to match Powertech damage in 2.0 unless things change. both Powertech DPS trees got gutted
lol, I guess that's one way to level the playing field...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Lord_Karsk
03.27.2013 , 10:46 AM | #1725
Quote: Originally Posted by APeckenpaugh View Post
Before misinformation abounds, no further changes beyond what I already posted are slated to go in for Mercenaries/Commandos in 2.0. More specifically, Cell Charger and Terminal Velocity are fully intact.

I also want to dispel any theories that finalizing 2.0 means that we're "done" with class changes. Quite the opposite. The deadline for 2.0 is a big deal, determined by forces far, far beyond my control. The class changes that are going in for 2.0 are the best that we could manage in the window of time given to us. It by no means demonstrates us being "done" with class changes.

Classes are the kind of thing that can be iterated on forever, so at some point we can't hold off a major update (let alone a digital expansion) because there's more stuff we want to do for classes. It only stands to reason that those plans will carry on to the next update.

We're also discussing the viability of introducing class changes without relying on major updates (like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc). There are a lot of factors at play and this is still an internal discussion, so no guarantees, but know that we'd love to be able to get class changes to you guys as quickly as we're making them.
So still not viable for the next year.Roll sniper everyone.

Macroeconomics
03.27.2013 , 11:36 AM | #1726
Quote: Originally Posted by evilmoka View Post
I tend to disagree. Smashers etc can almost take on 2 lesser classes even with the same gear. So many defensive/damage mitigation abilities plus insane dmg. They are at least 50% stronger than any other class atm, even powertechs. This could easily be quick patched by reducing smash damage by half. 4k for an instant attack is plenty. My commando in full expertise gear and ewh and augs has only crit low 4k for a 5 grav round demo round AT BEST. This is after 3x 1.5 second casts.
Smash Monkeys in 1.7 could be controlled by the liberal application of stun bubbles. What was perplexing to me was that they nerfed stun bubbles and didn't reciprocate with Smash. it would have been very simple to keep Smash's auto-crit for a targeted enemy and make it a standard AoE attack for everyone else. Instead they chose to mega buff snipers to control the smashers, but now snipers are off the charts in the hands of a skilled player. And yes, with the horde of players migrating to the sniper class, we'll see sniper meta average productivity drop and snipers will be buffed again in 2.1. Count on it.

Bluntron
03.27.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1727
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
not a good idea
probably not hahah but the idea of max/min dc hunting and farming all the credits to do all that doesnt sound like a good idea either
=

ArchangelLBC
03.27.2013 , 10:49 PM | #1728
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Smash Monkeys in 1.7 could be controlled by the liberal application of stun bubbles. What was perplexing to me was that they nerfed stun bubbles and didn't reciprocate with Smash. it would have been very simple to keep Smash's auto-crit for a targeted enemy and make it a standard AoE attack for everyone else. Instead they chose to mega buff snipers to control the smashers, but now snipers are off the charts in the hands of a skilled player. And yes, with the horde of players migrating to the sniper class, we'll see sniper meta average productivity drop and snipers will be buffed again in 2.1. Count on it.
Gentleman's wager? 10 credits.

-Wnd

Macroeconomics
03.28.2013 , 12:36 AM | #1729
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Gentleman's wager? 10 credits.
Of course. 2.0 warzones are gonna be filled to the gills with new, crappy snipers. Your road map for 2.1 is obvious - buffs for snipers, more nerfs for PT/Vanguard. This is virtually trivial to predict.

JackNader
03.28.2013 , 02:13 AM | #1730
TBH, I can't see Mercs ever being fixed now. They've had a year to sort it out. The PTS had probably 100 threads all parroting the same thing. That is, the class gets totally shutdown by a 1 button interrupt. It really seems that Peckenpaugh has an image in his head of how the class should play and there is absolutely no way in hell he's going to deviate from it. Even if it means that the class is near unplayable in PvP.