Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

anwg
11.04.2012 , 10:29 AM | #161
Something like a ground targeted jump would be nice, make it a base ability for all BHs and troopers. (and remove the charge in the tank tree and replace it with another defensive cooldown)

heechJunzi
11.04.2012 , 11:02 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Something like a ground targeted jump would be nice, make it a base ability for all BHs and troopers
Ha, that would be fun. I wouldn't feel so useless in huttball either.

But let's be realistic about one thing: Bioware probably doesn't have resources for new animations. Anything that requires new graphics is probably not going to happen. Rocket jet pack? Unlikely. Something like a speed buff is relatively easy to implement.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Theodulus
11.04.2012 , 11:17 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post

But let's be realistic about one thing: Bioware probably doesn't have resources for new animations. Anything that requires new graphics is probably not going to happen. Rocket jet pack? Unlikely. Something like a speed buff is relatively easy to implement.
How about a cartel pack only skill unlock for Mercs/commandos? That certainly should give Bioware some cash to make new graphics for a ground targeted escape ability. That's the only way the merc and commando ever is going to get any improvements with new graphics.

cashogy
11.04.2012 , 11:37 AM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by heechJunzi View Post

there is already an animation for this kind of thing. powertech tanks have jet charge, there is no reason that the animation couldnt be repurposed for Mercs
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

heechJunzi
11.04.2012 , 11:58 AM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
there is already an animation for this kind of thing. powertech tanks have jet charge, there is no reason that the animation couldnt be repurposed for Mercs
Possible... but I think Bioware doesn't like to mix combat animations. You see something, you generally know what class they are. But yea, that would work for me.
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jünzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Dovahbrah
11.04.2012 , 12:03 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by EhonFett View Post
I honestly don't see what the problem is with dps merc. I love my merc in pvp. I mostly play arsenal spec but from time to time will dip into pyro for a game or two. I think alot of the problem is that the majority of people that play merc / commando in pvp (and players in genera) have been misled into thinking they cannot compete. Reading threads like this (there are numerous) it is obvous that 1. the majority of players belive merc dps = bad in pvp and 2. everyone disagrees why. Anyways thats my observation, please proceed making incoherent complaints / demands.
I think you need to look up the definition of incoherent.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

Dovahbrah
11.04.2012 , 12:04 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
Again, this one change would solve the majority of Mercs problems:

- Muzzle Fluting changed from .5s cast reduction on Tracer Missile/Power Shot to 2s cast reduction (making them instant)
- Tracer Missile damage reduced by 20%, Power Shot damage reduced by 10%
- Heatseeker Missile damage increased by 20%, Thermal Detonator increased by 10%

Bam, the ability to maintain damage output while mobile. Reducing damage on Tracer Missile/Power Shot is necessary, but that damage is accounted for by transfering it to Heatseeker Missile/Thermal Detonator in order to keep Merc damage output where it is right now (which is a pretty good place).
Adding this to first page.
Leaf - 50 Commando - The Fatman Notleaf - 50 Juggernaught - POT5
Leafe - 50 Shadow - The Fatman
Leafy - 50 Vanguard - The Fatman
Leafyy - 50 Sentinel - The Fatman

StefanTOR
11.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #168
I'm sorry, I love Arsenal but having TM be made instant is the worst idea ever. There's already so many people spamming that ability constantly without ever using Unload when Barrage procs or Rail Shot. This class seems to attract the worst possible players.

Doomsdaycomes
11.04.2012 , 01:43 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanTOR View Post
I'm sorry, I love Arsenal but having TM be made instant is the worst idea ever. There's already so many people spamming that ability constantly without ever using Unload when Barrage procs or Rail Shot. This class seems to attract the worst possible players.
I tend to agree (except the worst possible players part) that TM/Grav being instant is a bad idea. It would be better to work in some sort of uninterruptable proc in there, or add it to a CD (still rooting for reserve powercell.) As well as some kind of escape or better survivability.

Then a good player could:

Open with an unitteruptable, heatless Grav round (reserve powercell)
Use an insta-cast grav round with Tech override CD.
Begin damage rotation with 4 stacks of debuff on the target.

Asturias
11.04.2012 , 04:48 PM | #170
This class needs a jet disengage ability period and I don't understand why they dont. One of the most iconic things about being a Bounty Hunter is there Jet Packs and there ability to escape or leap to there opponents. Perfect example Jango Fett vs Obi Won or Luke Skywalker vs Boba Fett, this is really a no brainer.
The greatest Star Wars story, that was ever told.
A hunter, a seeker, and a killer for hire
Asturias (Lonestar Legacy)
Jung Ma RP PvP