Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Phrase
03.23.2013 , 10:08 AM | #1651
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkXXIV View Post
powertech is the one with fire skills why does merc have a pyro tree O.o.
It's not even the fire skills, per se, that make the PT so much better with pyro (although they don't hurt ofc.). Rather, it's the fact that their Rail reset comes from instant cast skills with little or no cooldown. If mercs could fish for Rail procs every 6-9 seconds with Unload/ Powershot as instant cast abilities (while keeping their damage), I'd wager we'd be on par with, if not way more powerful than PTs with the pyro tree.

Sixgun
The Bastion

MarkXXIV
03.23.2013 , 10:13 AM | #1652
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
It's not even the fire skills, per se, that make the PT so much better with pyro (although they don't hurt ofc.). Rather, it's the fact that their Rail reset comes from instant cast skills with little or no cooldown. If mercs could fish for Rail procs every 6-9 seconds with Unload/ Powershot as instant cast abilities (while keeping their damage), I'd wager we'd be on par with, if not way more powerful than PTs with the pyro tree.
I don't really like merc having the pyro tree at all. Also it seems like bioware isn't gonna do anything with merc, its been over a week since the last pts notes.

Phrase
03.23.2013 , 10:29 AM | #1653
I don't really like merc having the pyro tree at all. Also it seems like bioware isn't gonna do anything with merc, its been over a week since the last pts notes.
Prior to the TD and CGC changes, the spec wasn't bad to play, and I actually thought the team was heading in the right direction. I'd hoped they'd have at least listened to and implemented the suggested CD reductions on TSO, Power Surge, and EN. I hope they have other changes planned, but I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure why they would roll out the TD and CGC changes if those are only part of the overall package of changes they plan to implement. I think it might have been better had they tested and then patched in all of their proposed changes at once.

I'm somewhat hopeful that they still have some improvements they haven't implemented yet as Eric Musco's post implied that there were still some changes being tested. But, as you can see from these boards, most of us aren't holding out much hope for the quality of these changes.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Bluntron
03.23.2013 , 11:57 AM | #1654
So pyro all together is now dead for merc...wonderful.

cashogy_reborn
03.23.2013 , 12:52 PM | #1655
it doesnt matter if you didnt like it. it is the best PvP spec for Merc until 2.0 comes out. the its getting nerfed (unless things change)
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.23.2013 , 01:40 PM | #1656
I feel like "best" is overselling it. It is the least sucky of our two sucky DPS trees maybe.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Bluntron
03.23.2013 , 02:17 PM | #1657
Says Power Barrels is increasing the dmg to thermal det though

So what would you guys say would be the "Op" classes/specs in 2.0. I need to know what I need to start focusing

This is what I have been hearing
VG - Tactics
Merc - Arsenal
Guard - Vigilance
Mara - Carnage
Snipers - MM
and thats about it. other then all the hybrid classes are also dead.

af_raptura
03.23.2013 , 03:02 PM | #1658
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Says Power Barrels is increasing the dmg to thermal det though

So what would you guys say would be the "Op" classes/specs in 2.0. I need to know what I need to start focusing

This is what I have been hearing
VG - Tactics
Merc - Arsenal
Guard - Vigilance
Mara - Carnage
Snipers - MM
and thats about it. other then all the hybrid classes are also dead.
It'll be a cold day on Mustafar before we'll ever see tactics as overpowered. Snipers and Marauders definitely.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

Bluntron
03.23.2013 , 04:35 PM | #1659
Quote: Originally Posted by af_raptura View Post
It'll be a cold day on Mustafar before we'll ever see tactics as overpowered. Snipers and Marauders definitely.

So Assault will still be the go to spec in 2.0?

cashogy_reborn
03.23.2013 , 08:02 PM | #1660
the only classes the people are considering to be OP are sniper and still mara and jugg.

the other classes are hurt too significantly by either class changes or the crit change to match the levels of those classes
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads