Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.16.2013 , 09:26 PM | #1601
for anyone interested in the actual numbers:

before this most recent PTS patch: Assault Plastique 7k crits.
after most recent PTS patch: Assault Plastique 3.8k crits, potential for 4k more damage in DoT over 12s (requires all crits, which will likely never happen).

also, there seems to be no visible change to crit values. the patch notes said that they amount of crit from Main Stat was recalculated, and I see no change at all (2403 aim, 0 crit rating)
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.16.2013 , 09:29 PM | #1602
The crit change is pretty minor (check keyboardninja's thread on stat calculations for details).

Hearing the difference in damage there HURTS >_< Bai bai assault burst damage =/
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.16.2013 , 09:40 PM | #1603
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
The crit change is pretty minor (check keyboardninja's thread on stat calculations for details).

Hearing the difference in damage there HURTS >_< Bai bai assault burst damage =/
jsut checked his thread.

old crit rating: 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( 2403aim / level55 ) / 6 ) ) = 6.24%
new crit rating: 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( 2403aim / level55 ) / 5.5 ) ) = 6.69%

in what world is that a fix to the massive nerf in crit gains?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1604
Does seem like more of a "shut up we fixed it" kind of thing.


When will BW learn that saying they'll address our concerns is way more helpful when they then go and actually address our concerns.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
03.17.2013 , 12:43 AM | #1605
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Does seem like more of a "shut up we fixed it" kind of thing.


When will BW learn that saying they'll address our concerns is way more helpful when they then go and actually address our concerns.
They're busy leveling up their commandos and mercs and learning how to play them because in over a year since release, no has rolled one.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.17.2013 , 12:46 AM | #1606
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
They're busy leveling up their commandos and mercs and learning how to play them because in over a year since release, no has rolled one.
doubt it

powertech has also gotten a significant nerf with the last PTS patch. they will not be able to compete w/ melee DPS now, and might start losing their RWZ spots.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.17.2013 , 03:55 PM | #1607
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
They're busy leveling up their commandos and mercs and learning how to play them because in over a year since release, no has rolled one.
I mean whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
doubt it

powertech has also gotten a significant nerf with the last PTS patch. they will not be able to compete w/ melee DPS now, and might start losing their RWZ spots.

Ranked warzones are for force users only! This is in keeping with proper Star Wars lore.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.18.2013 , 12:05 AM | #1608
bunko
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

PerinnAybara's Avatar


PerinnAybara
03.18.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1609
Bunko.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Wrestle's Avatar


Wrestle
03.18.2013 , 08:30 AM | #1610
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
doubt it

powertech has also gotten a significant nerf with the last PTS patch. they will not be able to compete w/ melee DPS now, and might start losing their RWZ spots.
I haven't been able to get many pvp matches, but the ones I did get showed PTs were still doing ok. No comment on the Pyro Mercs.