Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Domatron
03.13.2013 , 03:29 PM | #1571
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
+1 For the last few posts.

There are some great PvPers in this thread RayGonJinn - I've had the pleasure of running with some on the PTS, some have their own Youtube channels, and we've all been where you are now. A big fish in a little pond against some terrible undergeared badly played pugs.

There are other big fish out there though. Reeeaaally really big ones. Play in some competitive ranked warzones. Check out the PTS when some of the large guilds are on.

There is a whole strata of skillsets above where you are now. It is there where we are weak. It is there where we need improvement. And it is obvious from your video that you have not even begun to scratch that layer yet.

Anyway. Keep bumping posts on the PTS forum please people, we need some feedback.
I've played against Zach here quite a bit and he is easily the best dps commando on the Shadowlands server.
He is 100% correct in his statement here. I have a alt that is a merc and Zach rolls me all day long but if I get on my marauder or sin I'll eat him for lunch, why is that? Am I more skilled than him (no), do I have better group support (sometimes), the real reason is the class is inherently weak (the reasons have all been listed).

Any good melee player will kill a merc in 99/100 encounters, your only hope is that they don't notice you while you do your thing to them.

Can you pug stomp in regs? sure, but you can do that in any class/build if you're a good player. In fact I have a joke going with my guild that my Merc is an idiot test, If I can 1v1 you with my Merc you must be an idiot.

I rolled a marauder in beta when people thought they were bad (they never were) and while they got consistent buffs and QoL improvements Mercs got over nerfed. Merc is my preferred ranged class and I sincerely hope they get a boost that makes them viable in Ranked, even if that means having Zach loling over my dead body more.

ArchangelLBC
03.13.2013 , 10:37 PM | #1572
Quote: Originally Posted by skotish View Post
No your flaming of the guy just turned the thread into a just ignore that thread even more I think
They can't pay less than zero attention, so I think I'm fine with the tradeoff.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

PerinnAybara
03.14.2013 , 11:11 AM | #1573
Frustrated and Frantic, Unhappy and Ugly, Commandos are constipated, Kicked and Kicked, Tired and Telling , Hellish and Hurt, Entwined in Evil, Developers and Dullards, Encumbered in Embarassment, Viciously Vocal, Elitist Explanations, Luckless losers, Obsolete, not Overpowered, Pain and Punishment, Entrusted with the End, Rutty and Rustic,Still suck.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

DariusCalera
03.14.2013 , 11:16 AM | #1574
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Frustrated and Frantic.
Unhappy and Ugly.
Commandos are constipated.
Kicked and Kicked.
Tired and Telling.
Hellish and Hurt.
Entwined in Evil.
Developers and Dullards.
Encumbered in Embarassment.
Viciously Vocal.
Elitist Explanations.
Luckless losers.
Obsolete, not Overpowered.
Pain and Punishment.
Entrusted with the End.
Rutty and Rustic.
Still suck.
Just got what you did there. +1

Mercury_Down
03.14.2013 , 02:27 PM | #1575
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Frustrated and Frantic, Unhappy and Ugly, Commandos are constipated, Kicked and Kicked, Tired and Telling , Hellish and Hurt, Entwined in Evil, Developers and Dullards, Encumbered in Embarassment, Viciously Vocal, Elitist Explanations, Luckless losers, Obsolete, not Overpowered, Pain and Punishment, Entrusted with the End, Rutty and Rustic,Still suck.
I think I like you.

TUXs
03.14.2013 , 03:04 PM | #1577
Quote: Originally Posted by acritus View Post
Thank you for the link
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ArchangelLBC
03.14.2013 , 03:29 PM | #1578
Tentative Huzzah!

Lets see what the changes are first >.>
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

skotish
03.14.2013 , 04:11 PM | #1579
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Tentative Huzzah!

Lets see what the changes are first >.>
So all the anguish might mean something after all
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

PerinnAybara
03.14.2013 , 05:48 PM | #1580
But nothing in the works for Bodyguards. At least it's a start.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five