Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
03.11.2013 , 08:39 AM | #1531
Quote: Originally Posted by RayGonJinn View Post
My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8
nice backpedaling bud.

and commando is fine for derping around in regs. ffs, i was destroying everything on PTS.

in RWZ tho, we are not so good. pretty bad in fact, when you compare what commando can do to any other DPS class
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DariusCalera
03.11.2013 , 08:41 AM | #1532
My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8
Umm..yeah, you really can't call yourself "fine" when one of the two you fought was apparently AFK, with just over 15K health, and the other had just over 14K health.

It's like having a highschooler beat up a 5th grader.

RayGonJinn
03.11.2013 , 08:45 AM | #1533
i can hang with the best classes on the server even the smashers... i mean whats so hard about kill'em before they kill you? they may hit that first smash but when they go for the force stasis/choke just cc break and knock'em back. not must sigularity got build and cleanse the force exhaustion. I'm just gonna PvP a little more on my mando and posts more vids. You may belittle other players i may defeat by calling them no hopes (and they were but they had my team 2 capp'd and time was ticking) but My commando makes healers disappear from the battle field pretty quick and hangs witht the best dps on my server. More vids coming.

RayGonJinn
03.11.2013 , 08:50 AM | #1534
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
nice backpedaling bud.

and commando is fine for derping around in regs. ffs, i was destroying everything on PTS.

in RWZ tho, we are not so good. pretty bad in fact, when you compare what commando can do to any other DPS class
And YES! if all i have to do is take 2 steps back to not get hit with the 3rd Ravage Hit YES! IM GOING TO BCKPEDAL! *** am i gonna do take the hit? I LOVE BACKPEDALS! THEY SAVE MY LIFE FROM TME TO TIME!

Jherad
03.11.2013 , 08:55 AM | #1535
And YES! if all i have to do is take 2 steps back to not get hit with the 3rd Ravage Hit YES! IM GOING TO BCKPEDAL! *** am i gonna do take the hit? I LOVE BACKPEDALS! THEY SAVE MY LIFE FROM TME TO TIME!
Wait... you weren't being sarcastic about this video?

You were essentially getting destroyed by recruit geared terribads through most of it.

Please tell me you were being sarcastic
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ArchangelLBC
03.11.2013 , 03:22 PM | #1536
i can hang with the best classes on the server even the smashers... i mean whats so hard about kill'em before they kill you? they may hit that first smash but when they go for the force stasis/choke just cc break and knock'em back. not must sigularity got build and cleanse the force exhaustion. I'm just gonna PvP a little more on my mando and posts more vids. You may belittle other players i may defeat by calling them no hopes (and they were but they had my team 2 capp'd and time was ticking) but My commando makes healers disappear from the battle field pretty quick and hangs witht the best dps on my server. More vids coming.
Not sure if serious....

Cash is right. This IS why we can't have nice things.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

ArchangelLBC
03.11.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1537
double post.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

JouerTue
03.11.2013 , 04:09 PM | #1538
i have a commando healer, i do pvp regularly.

i can feel clearly that it would be useless to respec him as dps because he wouldn't be effective at all. i stick to heals because i can do my job well (except when i am marked, as it becomes hard to survive, due maybe to the lack of control this class has..) and can enjoy this class..my other toons give me a completely different sensation in pvp and i don't think this is right..it's evident the lack of balance between this class and the others.

DarthBloodloss
03.11.2013 , 04:22 PM | #1539
After reading the changes, I thought we would be in good shape. Guess I need to get my lazy arse on PTS and see for myself. Is it that our changes didnt help? Or that other class changes helped them even more?

Im looking forward to little things such as double-power-surge Concussion Missile + Rapid Scan. If they dont break it, you can heal, run, etc. If they DO break it, our Electro Net or Stun Dart will land for the full duration every time.

The difference was that people "almost" didnt even need a stun breaker vs a Merc. They would only need to possibly break an 8sec CC and that wasn't even a big deal anyways. Now, the stun breaker won't even help them because of the extra 2 or 3 options we have. It seems like it really changed that aspect of a 1 on 1.

Also opening with a snare seems huge.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

cashogy_reborn
03.11.2013 , 05:41 PM | #1540
Just so you know, that last strike of ravage will hit you up to 10m away. So backpedaling away from it won't get you out of range fast enough.

There is never a situation where backpedaling > running. L2strafe
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads