Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
03.10.2013 , 01:18 AM | #1521
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
I have a 50 VG already and I've been swapping gear back and forth between him and my commando for awhile now. The differences are obvious running a VG in full EWH is easysauce compared to a commando in the same.

Only problem I have is that I actually prefer the play style of the commando. It's why stuff keeps getting sent back and forth, the VG actually bores me after about a week because it is so easy in comparison.
thats why im giving sniper a try, powertech is so boring.

i played my pt for the first time in probably close to a month tonight. couldnt remember keybinds for like half of it, and still put up almost 700k damage lol. easy mode class is easy mode
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DariusCalera
03.10.2013 , 01:30 AM | #1522
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
thats why im giving sniper a try, powertech is so boring.

i played my pt for the first time in probably close to a month tonight. couldnt remember keybinds for like half of it, and still put up almost 700k damage lol. easy mode class is easy mode
I've got a sniper too, but he's stuck at like level 27 or some such.

Even in lowbie pvp it's still incredibly easy by comparison. You know, with being uninterruptable and not having smasher jump to you, or not having VGs/PTs pulling you all over the place.

PerinnAybara
03.10.2013 , 08:34 AM | #1523
Was just watching a sniper video. Their lethality spec will be able to use their takedown on full health people.

I would like to just have a takedown. Specially since it's hard for us to lock anyone down that runs from us. I'm looking at you operatives!

OF course that's just me being selfish. It's funny, the more that I look at the classes, I realize Mercenaries have always been shafted. So much so that a "buff" ends up being what every other class has had since day one.

Wish my brother hadn't told me to play a Mercenary for him.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

SpaniardInfinity
03.10.2013 , 09:04 AM | #1524
I was reading back through one of my posts on the Jedi Covenant forums before they announced 2.0 asking what each class wanted in the expansion. I said:

Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
Commando
- Whenever you sustain damage, the following sound effect will play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU
- Each interrupt on a casted ability increases the healing or damage of the next ability by 10%
- Each interrupt on a casted ability heals the Commando for the amount the cast would have dealt
- Commandos now have an AoE DoT called Berserk that affects all targets within 100 meters of the Commando. The damage of Berserk is increased by 5% for each player attacking the Commando. Thinking about attacking the Commando increases the damage of Berserk by 10% per player. Thinking about not attacking the Commando or attacking someone else increases the damage of Berserk by 20% per player.
- Reactive Shield now lasts 1 year. An active subscription is required.
- Emergency Medical Probe is now Emergency Medical Grenade. On use, it revives all teammates within 8 meters. In addition, Emergency Medical Grenade revives affected teammates at 300% health.
- Healing teammates instead of healing yourself causes you to commit suicide.
- Players walking through the Hammershot beam are killed instantly. This includes teammates.
- Being defeated by Grav Round crashes the victim's computer, unsubscribed them, uninstalls the client, charges them a $100 disconnection fee, a $100 asking questions fee, and deports them to a third world country.
- Unlike other Advanced Classes, if you take off all your gear as a Commando, you are actually naked (you must also sign a waiver).
For some reason, I actually think the class would still be underpowered.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Glower
03.10.2013 , 10:04 AM | #1525
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
I was reading back through one of my posts on the Jedi Covenant forums before they announced 2.0 asking what each class wanted in the expansion. I said:

For some reason, I actually think the class would still be underpowered.

LOLD! Especially for music and Berserk!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

cashogy_reborn
03.10.2013 , 01:09 PM | #1526
hahahah thats awesome.

hammer shot heal beam damaging people that run through it? DONT CROSS THE STREAMS!
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Nightkin
03.10.2013 , 05:58 PM | #1527
Bump and i would like to direct people to say something in this PTS thread, just i dunno...urge them to answer, anything. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...60#post5978260
Whaaaaambulance at your service

ArchangelLBC
03.10.2013 , 11:44 PM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Imagine it... When Mando/Merc gets a fix Cashogys post count will drop harder than a teen girls panties at a justin bieber concert.
It'll have dropped long before that due to the heat death of the universe.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

RayGonJinn
03.11.2013 , 07:58 AM | #1529
My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8

Kagetorius
03.11.2013 , 08:32 AM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by RayGonJinn View Post
My commando seems pretty fine to me in PvP especially @7:45 min into the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZNFwpfsLC8
Those imps are bunch of no-hopers, try to play that way against quality opposition and you'll change your mind.

“If all forms of intelligent life are allowed into heaven, jawas will feel uncomfortable and it will no longer feel like heaven to them. Maybe heaven is segregated by carbon-based biology and scavenging skill so that all the bigots can still have their eternal bliss without having any of their beliefs challenged?”