Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Essence_of_Light
03.09.2013 , 12:20 PM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Really? The more I look at snipers the more I'm convinced they hate commando/merc (ok more likely that they just didn't have any good ideas to differentiate them and left them as they are).

Sniper is a ranged turret that makes SENSE. No clue why BW failed on that front with us to such a huge degree.
Exactly. That is exactly why no one will roll a commando over a sniper/gunslinger
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for 7 free days as sub, free server transfer, and free CC unlocks!

Flying-Brian
03.09.2013 , 09:06 PM | #1512
Well for me the day has come and my merc and commando and now done with pvp (unless something actually changes for the better, but hey fat chance), and they shall be used there no more.

I have grinded out the last piece of gear I needed with my merc, so I now have a full min/max set to pass on to my Powertech, who will hit level 50 tomorrow.

I can't say that the grind was fun, but there were a few high spots of seeing those rare 5K+ hit's of HS on PVE geared players and watching them go boom. And remembering those short fun matches that happened between patch 1.2 and 1.2c.

But I can now focus on burning down everyone in front of me and having a good time in PVP for a change.

At least I have the same armor for my Powertech that I had on my Merc, so I can kinda feel I'm playing the same character.

Crawelc
03.09.2013 , 09:10 PM | #1513
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Well for me the day has come and my merc and commando and now done with pvp (unless something actually changes for the better, but hey fat chance), and they shall be used there no more.

I have grinded out the last piece of gear I needed with my merc, so I now have a full min/max set to pass on to my Powertech, who will hit level 50 tomorrow.

I can't say that the grind was fun, but there were a few high spots of seeing those rare 5K+ hit's of HS on PVE geared players and watching them go boom. And remembering those short fun matches that happened between patch 1.2 and 1.2c.

But I can now focus on burning down everyone in front of me and having a good time in PVP for a change.

At least I have the same armor for my Powertech that I had on my Merc, so I can kinda feel I'm playing the same character.
"And hold their manhoods cheap, whilst any speaks who faught with us, upon St.Chrispans Day."
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

cashogy_reborn
03.09.2013 , 09:27 PM | #1514
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post

powertech is a whole other world from merc.

ive had a good time on mine. gonna give sniper a go now i think tho
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Onymus
03.09.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1515
I am reminded every time that I play my merc in a WZ how much it is like a sniper only without the cover system. It is an incomplete class. I have hope that the merc will eventually find its niche but it still feels a long way off with the changes of 2.0. BW seems to be against kiting as a class mechanic due to the number of gap closers and snares/stuns every other class has and the lack of effective stun breaking/cleansing mechanics that mercs have. They also seem to be against giving a healing class any additional damage mitigation abilities. We have heavy armor, I know that tanking is not an option for mercs but give us one more ability that reduces damage in a worthwhile way!

That doesn't leave a whole lot of options except maybe two. Increased damage or increased healing. Simply scaling up the damage/healing is boring so I hope they go with new buildup mechanics (increased crit after certain use abilities) or even giving certain abilities a large boost (big burst numbers). Too often I see other classes latching onto a merc and riding them straight into the ground in just a couple seconds. Perhaps that wouldn't happen if the merc was able to throw out a couple hits that put a scary number above their opponent's head or suddenly regain a large portion of their health bar. It would give the oppenent pause and the fight would last longer and I think that it would be more enjoyable all around. I can tell you that right now it just is not fun to play a merc in pvp.

P.S. Missile Blast sucks.
Andrunahl 55 Pyro Merc
Jung Ma

ArchangelLBC
03.09.2013 , 11:01 PM | #1516
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
powertech is a whole other world from merc.

ive had a good time on mine. gonna give sniper a go now i think tho
Leveling my GS and Sniper now. Might have to get my VG up too.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
03.09.2013 , 11:42 PM | #1517
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Leveling my GS and Sniper now. Might have to get my VG up too.
im working on my sniper cuz its already level 40 (wanted that class buff lol). i kinda would prefer to play GS but cba to level a toon all the way up again.

i still need to find a guild to run rankeds with. been unguilded for a month or two now. its lonely
The King of Bads

Xerain
03.09.2013 , 11:57 PM | #1518
Imagine it... When Mando/Merc gets a fix Cashogys post count will drop harder than a teen girls panties at a justin bieber concert.

cashogy_reborn
03.10.2013 , 12:04 AM | #1519
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Imagine it... When Mando/Merc gets a fix Cashogys post count will drop harder than a teen girls panties at a justin bieber concert.
nah, ill just be posting about something else lol
The King of Bads

DariusCalera
03.10.2013 , 01:05 AM | #1520
I have a 50 VG already and I've been swapping gear back and forth between him and my commando for awhile now. The differences are obvious running a VG in full EWH is easysauce compared to a commando in the same.

Only problem I have is that I actually prefer the play style of the commando. It's why stuff keeps getting sent back and forth, the VG actually bores me after about a week because it is so easy in comparison.