Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Col_Wilson
03.08.2013 , 10:49 PM | #1501
Here's my idea: make being a glass cannon worth it by upping our damage.
Yes, we already do insane damage (if left alone), but we rarely ever get to get it off. Solution? Add more damage so we can actually do something with the 3 seconds we have before being forced back to the spawn.
Add something to the talent that increases full auto damage by 33% that will increase the damage done by 100% when attacking players

ArchangelLBC
03.08.2013 , 11:40 PM | #1502
I quite like the idea of Grav Round applying it's full effect (Vortices, Charged Barrel/Barrier) after one application, with future grav rounds keeping the debuff active. This would actually be a pretty big change in PVP since instead of needing THREE uninterrupted casts to get full DPS/Burst potential (and thus forcing our rampup to take almost as long as TTK anyway) we could get our burst out sooner.

Along with lowering TO/RP cooldowns and Electronet.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

PerinnAybara
03.09.2013 , 12:41 AM | #1503
I never understood why snipers get a 20% armor debuff that also reduces healing recieved by 20% in one ability.

That's like 3 casts of ours to even reach that on one person. Uninterrupted. As well as better.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

PerinnAybara
03.09.2013 , 12:42 AM | #1504
Shatter Shot
Instant
Energy: 10
Cooldown: 4.5s
Range: 30 m
Fires a high-impact shot that deals 499 - 555 weapon damage and reduces the target's armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Additionally inflicts trauma for 9 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.

Tracer Missile
Activation: 2 secs
Heat: 16
Launches a missile at the target that deals 670 kinetic damage and applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot.

DariusCalera
03.09.2013 , 01:13 AM | #1505
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Shatter Shot
Instant
Energy: 10
Cooldown: 4.5s
Fires a high-impact shot that deals 499 - 555 weapon damage and reduces the target's armor by 20% for 45 seconds. Additionally inflicts trauma for 9 seconds, reducing all healing the target receives by 20%.

Tracer Missile
Activation: 2 secs
Heat: 16
Launches a missile at the target that deals 670 kinetic damage and applies a heat signature, reducing the armor rating by 4% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Heat signatures leave the target vulnerable to Rail Shot.
They will say that it does more because it has a longer cool down.

Senscith
03.09.2013 , 05:02 AM | #1506
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
They will say that it does more because it has a longer cool down.
Its also instant and it also uses less energy and it also is not pivotal in building the buffs needed for the rest of your skills.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryn View Post
what happened to the good ol' days when you ran up to some one and whacked them with something?

PerinnAybara
03.09.2013 , 08:06 AM | #1507
It also has a 4.5 second cooldown. The same amount of time it takes us to build the same effect.

ChicagoBearsFan
03.09.2013 , 08:48 AM | #1508
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
It also has a 4.5 second cooldown. The same amount of time it takes us to build the same effect.
You are comparing cool down to cast time, which are completely different. The GS debuff is instant cast where as grav round is 1.5 second cast x 3, if i remember correctly.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

PerinnAybara
03.09.2013 , 09:38 AM | #1509
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
You are comparing cool down to cast time, which are completely different. The GS debuff is instant cast where as grav round is 1.5 second cast x 3, if i remember correctly.
I'm aware.

They can spread the debuff as easily as we can. Someone said something about Shattershot having a cooldown and my response was to show that they still can spread their debuff just as easily as we can.

3*1.5 cast time = 4.5 seconds to get max armor penetration on one person that lasts for 15 seconds.

One instant, of 1.5 gcd, on a 4.5 second cooldown to do the same thing.

The more I look at snipers, the more I'm convinced the developers are insane.

ArchangelLBC
03.09.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1510
Really? The more I look at snipers the more I'm convinced they hate commando/merc (ok more likely that they just didn't have any good ideas to differentiate them and left them as they are).

Sniper is a ranged turret that makes SENSE. No clue why BW failed on that front with us to such a huge degree.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd