Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SpaniardInfinity
03.07.2013 , 10:17 AM | #1481
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Tie a 5 sec 'uninterruptability' proc to explosive round for gunnery and give it a 10-20 sec internal cooldown. Make it worth something for us :P
Could also do something like this for the 36-point talents of all three Commando trees since I'm pretty sure they are all on ~15 second cooldowns. Would add some incentive to actually taking the 36-point skills while providing some utility to follow it up with more damage/healing.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

HuaRya
03.07.2013 , 04:19 PM | #1482
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
pyro merc is not fine, it has the same issues as arsenal merc: reliance on casted abilities to reach full DPS potential.

and many of us *HAVE* rerolled. i went to the darkside and rolled a powertech. that does not mean that i do not want to see my favorite class in the game finally receive some attention and proper balance changes so that i can play it again.

we should be forced to reroll if we want to be effective.
I feel the same as you. Despite all my alts i've always enjoyed the style and design they exude.

cashogy_reborn
03.07.2013 , 05:13 PM | #1483
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DariusCalera
03.07.2013 , 05:18 PM | #1484
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
I still don't think the lead designer has ever played a commando and has no idea what their real issues are.

SlimsPicken
03.07.2013 , 05:19 PM | #1485
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
Clearly trolling.

Reported.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

cashogy_reborn
03.07.2013 , 05:21 PM | #1486
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Clearly trolling.

Reported.
she already got permabanned
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.07.2013 , 05:33 PM | #1487
Well this last page has been pretty win. Keep it up guys! At least we're entertaining.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
03.07.2013 , 05:36 PM | #1488
four months. 1 dev post.

the devs have not even posted regarding any of the issues for merc/mando on PTS, PvP *or* PvE.

THERE HAVE BEEN MORE DEV POSTS ABOUT ASDHLGSDJHGF THAN FRAKING MERCENARY OR COMMANDO

The King of Bads

DariusCalera
03.07.2013 , 06:04 PM | #1489
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Well this last page has been pretty win. Keep it up guys! At least we're entertaining.
That's the trade off of not being wanted in Ranked PvP. We can work on our sense of humor.

cashogy_reborn
03.07.2013 , 06:05 PM | #1490
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
That's the trade off of not being wanted in Ranked PvP. We can work on our sense of humor.
i think youre mistaking my agony for humor

The King of Bads