Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
03.06.2013 , 07:22 PM | #1471
Quote: Originally Posted by VarrusTheEthical View Post
How about this? Cut the cooldown on elelctronet in half, and add immunity to interrupts to Hold the Line. That ought to make Commandos more competitive in pvp.
hold the line is supposed to be an escape skill.

why would we want immunity to interrupts, which means we are sitting in place casting, on an ability designed to give you a short burst of high mobility
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

VarrusTheEthical
03.06.2013 , 08:45 PM | #1472
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

why would we want immunity to interrupts, which means we are sitting in place casting, on an ability designed to give you a short burst of high mobility
It's a choice. I can either run away or stand and fight. And since Hold the Line also makes you immune to physics, nothing can stop your casting other than a hard stun.
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.

ArchangelLBC
03.06.2013 , 11:41 PM | #1473
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post

I actually wish the talent in gunnery to increase it also gave it immunity to interrupts tbh. Would be an awesome PVP talent and yes it would make you have to decide what you wanted to do.

Could also make it let you cast on the move. Just saying.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Etwehi
03.07.2013 , 06:15 AM | #1474
Give Commandos/Mercs a passive skill which makes it possible to cast abilities while on the move. Always.

Pros

-Increased survivability (kite - cast, kite - cast!).
-Increased damage while on the move.
-It's Commando/Merc exclusive (Crazy thought huh?).
-It's gonna look bad-***.
-Commando/Merc healers will have an easier time keeping up.

Trade-offs

-Damage/Heals stays where it is (Fine by me, even with 2.0).
-Still interruptible (fair in my opinion).

I admitt there's gonna have to be some tweaking here and there but still, Commandos/Mercs need this kind of skill to be competitive as it is. The discussion about interrupt immunity during hold the line and lower cooldown on this and that are cool ideas but merely band-aids.

I know it's been mentioned before but hey, why not? Commandos/Mercs are in a bad position as it is both on Live and PTS. Throw us a bone (or Corpse in this case) Bioware!

PerinnAybara
03.07.2013 , 08:14 AM | #1475
IF they give us run and gun which would be nice, they should also let us rebound escape so we can still stopcast.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

ArchangelLBC
03.07.2013 , 08:22 AM | #1476
Quote: Originally Posted by Etwehi View Post
Give Commandos/Mercs a passive skill which makes it possible to cast abilities while on the move. Always.

Pros

-Increased survivability (kite - cast, kite - cast!).
-Increased damage while on the move.
-It's Commando/Merc exclusive (Crazy thought huh?).
-It's gonna look bad-***.
-Commando/Merc healers will have an easier time keeping up.

Trade-offs

-Damage/Heals stays where it is (Fine by me, even with 2.0).
-Still interruptible (fair in my opinion).

I admitt there's gonna have to be some tweaking here and there but still, Commandos/Mercs need this kind of skill to be competitive as it is. The discussion about interrupt immunity during hold the line and lower cooldown on this and that are cool ideas but merely band-aids.

I know it's been mentioned before but hey, why not? Commandos/Mercs are in a bad position as it is both on Live and PTS. Throw us a bone (or Corpse in this case) Bioware!
Would rather have 10s of interrupt immunity every 30 tbh =P

I dunno that this is the right idea, but it would be less OP than always having instant casts.

SOMETHING needs to be done. That much is obvious. But at this point I wonder if anything but a complete tearing down and redesign of the class isn't a band-aid.

-Wnd

Jherad
03.07.2013 , 08:35 AM | #1477
Heh yeah, but they're not going to completely redesign us now (especially with all the staff layoffs), so I'll take a box of bandaids over nothing. C'mon we're bleeding out here.

I'd definitely prefer mobility over interrupt immunity if it was tied to hold the line though. They'd conflict a little otherwise.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DariusCalera
03.07.2013 , 08:41 AM | #1478
Still wouldn't mind an ability like Pulse Generator for gunnery.

5 stacks of Grav Round and your attacks become uninterrruptable. Yeah, I know, we don't need anything more that has to deal with Grav Round.....but anyway.

Or maybe move Combat Shield and the Reflexive Shield abilities lower in their trees so that they could be picked up by any build.

Jherad
03.07.2013 , 08:53 AM | #1479
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Still wouldn't mind an ability like Pulse Generator for gunnery.

5 stacks of Grav Round and your attacks become uninterrruptable. Yeah, I know, we don't need anything more that has to deal with Grav Round.....but anyway.

Or maybe move Combat Shield and the Reflexive Shield abilities lower in their trees so that they could be picked up by any build.
Tie a 5 sec 'uninterruptability' proc to explosive round for gunnery and give it a 10-20 sec internal cooldown. Make it worth something for us :P
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

ArchangelLBC
03.07.2013 , 09:59 AM | #1480
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Tie a 5 sec 'uninterruptability' proc to explosive round for gunnery and give it a 10-20 sec internal cooldown. Make it worth something for us :P
Oooooh, yes. I like it. A lot. Do this.

Anything!

-Wnd