Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Riggz
03.06.2013 , 12:23 AM | #1461
Healers: re-roll a sorc or operative depending on your tastes

DPS: re-roll a powertech

Bioware made it clear they don't care about you - move on and grind a new toon before the expansion

I'm not trolling just being a realist

DPS Mercs might be ok, actually pyro will be fine

Healer Mercs will be as useful as someone DC'ing in ranked - re-roll
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

cashogy_reborn
03.06.2013 , 01:27 AM | #1462
pyro merc is not fine, it has the same issues as arsenal merc: reliance on casted abilities to reach full DPS potential.

and many of us *HAVE* rerolled. i went to the darkside and rolled a powertech. that does not mean that i do not want to see my favorite class in the game finally receive some attention and proper balance changes so that i can play it again.

we should be forced to reroll if we want to be effective.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

PerinnAybara
03.06.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1463
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
Healers: re-roll a sorc or operative depending on your tastes

DPS: re-roll a powertech

Bioware made it clear they don't care about you - move on and grind a new toon before the expansion

I'm not trolling just being a realist

DPS Mercs might be ok, actually pyro will be fine

Healer Mercs will be as useful as someone DC'ing in ranked - re-roll
I know your advice is true and given in good faith. I shall now go reroll or quit cause those are my only options.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 10:03 AM | #1464
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
I know your advice is true and given in good faith. I shall now go reroll or quit cause those are my only options.
yes, despite having over 1,000 tech bonus power on my mercenary and hitting people like a thermo-nuclear missile, I should just forget the class despite getting high levels of damage and kills with low-levels of death.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

PerinnAybara
03.06.2013 , 10:25 AM | #1465
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
yes, despite having over 1,000 tech bonus power on my mercenary and hitting people like a thermo-nuclear missile, I should just forget the class despite getting high levels of damage and kills with low-levels of death.
Do you play rateds?
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

cashogy_reborn
03.06.2013 , 11:36 AM | #1466
Do you play rateds?
rateds are for bads

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

T-Assassin
03.06.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1467
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
The very thought that a hardcasting, slowmoving class without any way to dps while moving and no real defences against melee ~ would ever be succesful in pvp is just...no, no! Its not gonna work, and its been proven in pretty much every warzone and by every player since launch.

We are not just struggling against bad design choices, we are struggling against our whole class mechanic, wich sadly is not likely to change.

We need sufficient defences to get away from melee and *instant* cast attacks. This goes against our class design.

I for one am tired of bending over so any melee player within range can park his bike up my buttcrack, im an inch from dumping this class forever.
^^^ couldn't agree more. all that needs to be done is adjust damage and type.

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
pyro merc is not fine, it has the same issues as arsenal merc: reliance on casted abilities to reach full DPS potential.

and many of us *HAVE* rerolled. i went to the darkside and rolled a powertech. that does not mean that i do not want to see my favorite class in the game finally receive some attention and proper balance changes so that i can play it again.

we should be forced to reroll if we want to be effective.
there HAS to be a fair-minded Dev around here that can see the obvious issues and pattern of failure plaguing these classes...even without sifting thru 1000+ posts.

PT/VG = aweseome. Merc/Cmdo = suck.

what's the main differences?

instant cast and damage type.

class fixed.

i'd resub for an instant cast merc. (power shot) *EDIT* i haven't played in months, and coming here makes me realize, i don't miss it. nothing is changing for the class. a few small band-aids. they are not correcting the issues that make merc unplayable in PvP and low-tier DPS in PvE. i just don't get it. everyone knows how awesome (some would even say OP) PT/VG is...THE MIRROR SPEC OF MERC/COMMANDO!!!!!

am i the only one that finds that both ironic and maddening?

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

Lowyjowylof
03.06.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1468
Make Mortar Volley a knock down, root, and auto crit in PvP and on the same CD as smash. If you get caught in the retarded green reticle, you're stuck eating 6 ticks of Mortar Volley at ~1200-1500 a tick. That puts its damage on par with smash. This could also possibly provide a counter to sniper that's not a stealther.

Then take Grav Round and put it solely on the GCD not the cast. It provides the same effect, plus can be used on the move and can't be interrupted. Also give Commando/Merc the ability to get cryo back to 30M.

Then make Heavy armor offer resistance to elemental and internal damage.

Or finally, make smash a 3 second interrupt-able cast and 1 minute CD like every other main aoe attack (Fly By, Force Quake).
Battle is an orgy of disorder.
George S. Patton

Koyaanisqat
03.06.2013 , 02:24 PM | #1469
Do you play rateds?
No, I play in ranked.

Situational awareness is a learned skill.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

VarrusTheEthical
03.06.2013 , 07:18 PM | #1470
How about this? Cut the cooldown on elelctronet in half, and add immunity to interrupts to Hold the Line. That ought to make Commandos more competitive in pvp.
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.