Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
03.02.2013 , 11:27 PM | #1441
Quote: Originally Posted by Commade View Post
Hello everybody,

a friend of mine and I are playing o nthe german server T3-M4 and its the same problem with the Commandos and the Mers there aswell. My friend was testing his Mercs on the test-server this week - but today he told me it will still be the same problem. He likes his Mercs verry well, but he is allways saying that his Mercs is missing some ability like the sniper has for beeing not interuptable and not beeing first jumpign-target.

He tested his Mercs 1vs1 in pvp at the test-server. No chance against a marauder! ... Getting interupted, stuned, can't get away - down. The electro-net (new ability - don't know if it's called in english this way) only deals up to 200-300 damage...that's nothing that will stop a melee.

My idea for solveing this Mercenary/Commando-problem would be:
They should get an ability when using it the player rams his feet into the ground becoming a "rooted missile platform" (somthing like 1 sec. cast time) and after this the Mercenary/Commando is not interuptable/can't be jumped to for about 45 sec. This ability could be only used every 105 sec.

This would be my idea about Mercenary/Commando getting back into the PvP and you could give it a pretty cool ability effect.
Perhaps my english is not the best, but I think everyone understands my proposal.
merc/mando is actually much much better at 1v1s with the 2.0 changes. ive only lost 1 actual 1v1, and it was to an operative that was fan-boying me and i had no cooldowns

and in regards to your suggestion, no thank you
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
03.02.2013 , 11:50 PM | #1442
I still want run and gun off of stockstrike >=(

Barring that can I get TO down to a 45-60s cooldown please, along with RP?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

klham
03.03.2013 , 12:23 AM | #1443
Or throw us a bone and roll up TO and RP into one button and put it on a shorter cooldown, since they're often used in unison. Or, better yet, put it on a proc'd reset (but use something other than grav round ffs...say, Charged Bolts, just to give us a reason to use CB aside from when we get locked out of GR while trying to reset FA).

ArchangelLBC
03.03.2013 , 12:59 AM | #1444
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
Or throw us a bone and roll up TO and RP into one button and put it on a shorter cooldown, since they're often used in unison. Or, better yet, put it on a proc'd reset (but use something other than grav round ffs...say, Charged Bolts, just to give us a reason to use CB aside from when we get locked out of GR while trying to reset FA).
I actually don't like them being linked. I use them for different things in different situations.

Also RP is a baseline trooper ability, not a commando ability. Vanguards get it too.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
03.03.2013 , 01:06 AM | #1445
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I still want run and gun off of stockstrike >=(

Barring that can I get TO down to a 45-60s cooldown please, along with RP?
60s base, 30s in gunnery. would be awesome
The King of Bads

klham
03.03.2013 , 11:53 AM | #1446
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I actually don't like them being linked. I use them for different things in different situations.

Also RP is a baseline trooper ability, not a commando ability. Vanguards get it too.
That doesn't preclude FA (a shared Trooper ability) from being buffed via talents in the Gunnery Tree. And a proc'd reset would make it available for use in all applicable situations. Probably fair to say these two abilities are used variously for Plasma Grenade, Concussion Round, and Medical Probe.

klham
03.03.2013 , 07:05 PM | #1447
Oh, screw it. Just give us pazaak tables with comms. Then Commandos & Mercs can trade all that b.s. in the WZs for the mess hall and be much happier for it.

ArchangelLBC
03.03.2013 , 09:52 PM | #1448
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
That doesn't preclude FA (a shared Trooper ability) from being buffed via talents in the Gunnery Tree. And a proc'd reset would make it available for use in all applicable situations. Probably fair to say these two abilities are used variously for Plasma Grenade, Concussion Round, and Medical Probe.
Oh I don't mind the proc'd reset. I like that a lot actually. I was just saying that rolling them into one ability was problematic as RP is a trooper baseline ability and TO is a commando level 46 ability. Rolling them into one ability would only be beneficial if they gave us an actual good offensive cooldown at 46. Otherwise, in PVE I use RP specifically in combination with FA when I'm on the edge of top tier regen to basically get almost all my ammo back, and use Tech Override for instant Concussion Rounds and Medical Probes. In PVP I'll also probably start using it for 2x Grav Round on the run.

Would definitely prefer they give a proc granting a cooldown reduction (tie it to ticks of full auto!) and make talents in either tree reduce the cooldown of BOTH.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn
03.03.2013 , 10:10 PM | #1449
just flat reduce the cooldowns of both abilities to 60s. RP for vanguards on a shorter cooldown has almost no impact on their heat management, but it would help a lot of commandos.

and obviously TO on a 60s cooldown would be very good for gunnery (who can talent it down to just 30s).

i think this is probably one of the better ideas ive had lol
The King of Bads

Mercury_Down
03.03.2013 , 10:17 PM | #1450
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
just flat reduce the cooldowns of both abilities to 60s. RP for vanguards on a shorter cooldown has almost no impact on their heat management, but it would help a lot of commandos.

and obviously TO on a 60s cooldown would be very good for gunnery (who can talent it down to just 30s).

i think this is probably one of the better ideas ive had lol
I am all for lowering both to 60s, would be a big help for gunnery.