Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Macroeconomics
02.28.2013 , 01:41 AM | #1411
Quote: Originally Posted by Aramyth View Post
Explosive Round has gone back to being useless at a 25 Ammo cost on the PTS, it was free before the last patch. It's now useless again. Why can't it cost 10 Ammo or something? The damage isn't high enough to warrant 25 ammo.
It wasn't free. The 25 heat cost simply wasn't triggered until after the 3 shot sequence was completed. Now that Explosive Round/Missile Salvo doesn't have that 3 shot sequence, the heat cost occurs initially.

But yeah, it is not an ability that you will be using. Not in PvP. Not in PvE. It is not an effective use of your resource stack.

Lalainnia
02.28.2013 , 02:38 AM | #1412
Imo We still suck as a whole when put paired with the other classes for wz and the only real class I would swicth out for a merc would have been a sniper maybe...but now no way in H E double hockey stick would I Electro net so far really feels suckish and even bugs out a few time(bound to be fixed ofc) but we cant compare with snipers in terms of damage anymore not even close While the healing tress is really just confusing me im forced into taking a worthless talent to get to a mediocore talent to help my probes. As a whole the #1 issue for merc and mandos is being intterupted. I do however adore hold the line.

and yes its possible all this could still change but its unlikely
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Amebia
02.28.2013 , 02:40 AM | #1413
Why no interrupt immunity bioware?

At least add interrupt immunity to curtain of fire procs.

Macroeconomics
02.28.2013 , 03:16 AM | #1414
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Electro net so far really feels suckish and even bugs out a few time(bound to be fixed ofc)
In all probability it is not a bug with Electro Net. It is just a smart opposing player using his cc breaker after you put Electro Net on him. In time, the majority of players will learn to do this and Electro Net will become relatively ineffective. Similar to how Mercs rapidly dropped in effectiveness a month or so after the game's release as players learned how to use interrupts. Same thing. Same result.

Lalainnia
02.28.2013 , 03:29 AM | #1415
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
In all probability it is not a bug with Electro Net. It is just a smart opposing player using his cc breaker after you put Electro Net on him. In time, the majority of players will learn to do this and Electro Net will become relatively ineffective. Similar to how Mercs rapidly dropped in effectiveness a month or so after the game's release as players learned how to use interrupts. Same thing. Same result.
So true
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

SwingApproves
02.28.2013 , 04:28 AM | #1416
This is poop, can't even try 2.0 with my Commando, keeps failing on the transfer.

Still haven't addressed us being less useful than Vanguard in assault spec, we're a little better on the healing spec side and gunnery is still lacking proper direction on our role (still no immune to interrupt skill if we're supposed to be a 'turret').

PerinnAybara
02.28.2013 , 07:22 AM | #1417
I'm still laughing at the idea that buffing missile blast by 10% is our new dps equalizer.

10% of crap damage is still crap.

It takes a quarter of our finicky resource tree. Make it hit like that.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

ArchangelLBC
02.28.2013 , 10:12 AM | #1418
Quote: Originally Posted by SwingApproves View Post
This is poop, can't even try 2.0 with my Commando, keeps failing on the transfer.

Still haven't addressed us being less useful than Vanguard in assault spec, we're a little better on the healing spec side and gunnery is still lacking proper direction on our role (still no immune to interrupt skill if we're supposed to be a 'turret').
Try stripping all your companions and putting their gear in your cargo hold then trying the transfer.

Worked for my commando. Didn't work for my sentinel.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

SwingApproves
02.28.2013 , 10:17 AM | #1419
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Try stripping all your companions and putting their gear in your cargo hold then trying the transfer.

Worked for my commando. Didn't work for my sentinel.
Cheers!

Aramyth
02.28.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1420
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
It wasn't free. The 25 heat cost simply wasn't triggered until after the 3 shot sequence was completed. Now that Explosive Round/Missile Salvo doesn't have that 3 shot sequence, the heat cost occurs initially.

But yeah, it is not an ability that you will be using. Not in PvP. Not in PvE. It is not an effective use of your resource stack.
Maybe it was slightly bugged then because I never had it take ammo even after 3 rounds and the tooltip didn't have an ammo cost in it. :/

For a skill that uses 1/4 of your resources, it should hit like a bus.