Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smashbrother
02.22.2013 , 06:40 PM | #1371
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
If my shadow needs to stealth out of combat I'll absolutely use it on a snare because it's not just a snare, it's preventing me from stealthing out.
That's assuming you didn't already use it when you got stun locked. This is going to be a tough choice for people. Should you use it when you're stun locked, and then get owned by net later. Or eat stun lock and use cc break for the net. Either way is win for commandos.

Helig
02.23.2013 , 01:12 AM | #1372
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
That's assuming you didn't already use it when you got stun locked. This is going to be a tough choice for people. Should you use it when you're stun locked, and then get owned by net later. Or eat stun lock and use cc break for the net. Either way is win for commandos.
Eyyyyyyyyyyyup.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ArchangelLBC
02.23.2013 , 01:11 PM | #1373
It's not noticeably different than the need to save the stealth out to stop a cap or to use it to escape quick and come back, or use it. They're already making that decision every day with resilience.

If net was on a shorter CD it'd be more of a threat, if they're going to use the net now I either need to stealth out or I don't. If I need to stealth out I trinket and stealth out. If I don't need to stealth out then I don't stealth out.

If I'm in a situation where I'm getting stun locked and focused down I'd be an idiot to use a trinket anyway since most likely I'm dead regardless (unless, again I need to stop a cap).
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Helig
02.23.2013 , 03:10 PM | #1374
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
It's not noticeably different than the need to save the stealth out to stop a cap or to use it to escape quick and come back, or use it. They're already making that decision every day with resilience.

If net was on a shorter CD it'd be more of a threat, if they're going to use the net now I either need to stealth out or I don't. If I need to stealth out I trinket and stealth out. If I don't need to stealth out then I don't stealth out.

If I'm in a situation where I'm getting stun locked and focused down I'd be an idiot to use a trinket anyway since most likely I'm dead regardless (unless, again I need to stop a cap).
I don't think the Net is supposed to be the frequently used answer to all problems. It's supposed to be a strong, unique, situational cooldown. Luring what amounts to be one of the most powerful PvP cooldowns in the entire game from the enemy is nothing to scoff at. If you don't see it as useful, then you need to reevaluate your tactics and the tactics of your opponents.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Jherad
02.23.2013 , 03:17 PM | #1375
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Edit: I'd also like to know if the net prevents sorcs from popping their new invulnerability thingy.
Finally got to test this with a sage from my server (Thanks Erge!). Yes, net also prevents the use of the new invulnerability shield for the duration. Of course, if they have CC breaker available, they can pop this and then use the shield.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Amebia
02.23.2013 , 04:08 PM | #1376
The cooldown is way too long.

Our pathetic reliance on gr and our vulnerability to interrupts has not been addressed.

Interrupt immunity on full auto with a CoF proc

cashogy_reborn
02.23.2013 , 05:51 PM | #1377
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
The cooldown is way too long.

Our pathetic reliance on gr and our vulnerability to interrupts has not been addressed.

Interrupt immunity on full auto with a CoF proc
honestly we cant tell. 90s sounds long, but we have yet to really test its synergy with the rest of the class's abilities. in the very, very brief moments ive had in warzones not fighting exploiters, i found that i was actually wanting Tech Override to have a shorter cooldown. but that opinion is not set in stone, cuz i cant really test anything good

it would be totally awesome if the devs could maybe give us a rough ETA on a fix for bolster.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Smashbrother
02.24.2013 , 12:38 AM | #1378
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Finally got to test this with a sage from my server (Thanks Erge!). Yes, net also prevents the use of the new invulnerability shield for the duration. Of course, if they have CC breaker available, they can pop this and then use the shield.
Holy crap are you for serious on this? Net prevents sages from using their god mode? That makes no sense. Has to be a bug.

Helig
02.24.2013 , 01:14 AM | #1379
Holy crap are you for serious on this? Net prevents sages from using their god mode? That makes no sense. Has to be a bug.
Indeed. If that goes live, there will be a spectacular outcry.

Jherad
02.24.2013 , 04:21 AM | #1380
The ability is clearly designed to be used as the setup for focus fire in groups. It'd be kinda odd if it didn't prevent the sage invuln shield.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol