Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
02.21.2013 , 06:08 PM | #1351
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
i would love to test out my merc, but it seems that all characters that had been on PTS before this patch can no longer be used. another good job by bioware
Just create a new one, do the Hutta quests until you reach lvl 10, go to fleet, use the special terminal at the supplies area, instant ding to 55 with all abilities maxed out, 300 (spammable) coms to buy your full arkanian gear for you and Mako, all that is still better than waiting for a transfer.

SpaniardInfinity
02.21.2013 , 06:20 PM | #1352
Quote: Originally Posted by truchaos View Post
Can Electro Net be purged/removed at all?
From dueling on the PTS because PvP is unplayable with the present bolster bug, Electro Net appears to be uncleanseable, including by Tech-healers. CC-breakers appear to have no effect on it, but I'll do more follow up testing to confirm that.

Also, the damage it does can be pretty hefty on players ignoring it (25% of the health bar gone).
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Briggs_Knightly
02.21.2013 , 06:30 PM | #1353
NO! THEY NEVER PLAN ON FIXING ANYTHING...

Their metrics have shown that the people who pay them money are obsessive compulsive and thrive on inaccuracies and unbalanced situations.

They believe that most payers would get bored and quit if they fixed everything.
Either that or the designers are totally incompetent and need to get jobs at the Post Office.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 06:31 PM | #1354
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
NO! THEY NEVER PLAN ON FIXING ANYTHING...

Their metrics have shown that the people who pay them money are obsessive compulsive and thrive on inaccuracies and unbalanced situations.

They believe that most payers would get bored and quit if they fixed everything.
Either that or the designers are totally incompetent and need to get jobs at the Post Office.
but then i'd never get my mail!!!!!
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Briggs_Knightly
02.21.2013 , 06:33 PM | #1355
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
but then i'd never get my mail!!!!!
ROFLMAO... so true.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

ArchangelLBC
02.22.2013 , 12:06 AM | #1356
Quote: Originally Posted by SpaniardInfinity View Post
From dueling on the PTS because PvP is unplayable with the present bolster bug, Electro Net appears to be uncleanseable, including by Tech-healers. CC-breakers appear to have no effect on it, but I'll do more follow up testing to confirm that.

Also, the damage it does can be pretty hefty on players ignoring it (25% of the health bar gone).
What about resilience?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Smashbrother
02.22.2013 , 01:17 AM | #1357
Just saw PTS notes. Whoever thought BW was going to give net to vanguards as well or make net be only 10m is lols.

I was totally wrong about it's cd though. BW *** 90s?

The rest of the changes for commandos is pretty legit. I'm pretty psyched for these changes.

Here's a link to the PTS talent trees. It's not perfect, because there are some number errors and what not, but it gives a pretty good idea of what to expect. Assault commandos look to be *********** amazing now. Especially since alacrity reduces GCD.

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/

cashogy_reborn
02.22.2013 , 02:29 AM | #1358
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Just create a new one, do the Hutta quests until you reach lvl 10, go to fleet, use the special terminal at the supplies area, instant ding to 55 with all abilities maxed out, 300 (spammable) coms to buy your full arkanian gear for you and Mako, all that is still better than waiting for a transfer.
i did that, and for some reason it didnt max out all of my Commando specific abilities. and i have no credits, so that plan failed miserable lol

guess i will queue into warzones and try to farm some credits

i just hit 11k on a demo round. LOLWUT
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Lalainnia
02.22.2013 , 03:01 AM | #1359
Tbh if u wanna range dps I say just reroll a slinger/sniper with the buffs and talent changes they have well wow... I saw some nasty hybrids come to mind.... while I srsly only saw 2 hybrids come to mind for the mando/merc( an old dps one that never worked until now with the extra points.) While if u want to heal make a scoundrel/operative b/c from what I read(super iffy info and prob bound to change) it seems like they're going to benefit the most from this whole alacrity change.

Just my opinion of course
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Jenzali
02.22.2013 , 03:52 AM | #1360
Tested Electro Net quite extensively in duels on the PTS. The cooldown is 1 minute 30 seconds. If the target moved for the duration of the Net, the damage output was quite significant (almost half their life bar). The opponents were using the same gear as on live servers (Mostly EWH with some WH, min/maxed). My gear was mostly min/maxed WH/EWH Combat Medic gear but using the 2-piece PvE set bonus for 15% crit on Tracer Missile

- Can not be dispelled by Force or Tech cleanse
- If the target uses their CC breaker, the net will remain on them and continue to do its damage however they will be able to use escapes such as leaps, Force Speed, and vanish and the snare component will be removed
- If used on a target with Hydraulic Overrides or Force Shroud active, the net is wasted and goes on cooldown with no effect
- If used on a target at the exact instant that they vanish, the net will pull them out of stealth and work as described
- The target of your net can not activate Force Shroud or Hydraulic Overrides
- A Jugg can activate Saber Reflect while the net is on them but the net's damage will not be reflected
- Casting Electro Net on a Jugg with Saber Reflect active will not reflect the net or its damage back to you
- Rage Juggernauts can still use Obliterate even if the net is on them
- Assassin was not able to use their teleport if affected by the net if I remember correctly
- Electro Net seems to "win" versus Force Leap, i.e. if both players spam both abilities at the start of a duel, or while closing distance towards each other down to 30m the Electro Net will apply first and prevent them from leaping though this may be lag dependant

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I tested duels. I know that they are not representative of real warzone situations but they are a good way to get a feel for the new mechanics.

Despite these drawbacks listed above, the utility is still amazing. If Electro Net was available, I was able to win a lot of 1v1 matchups that were previously almost impossible for Mercs to win on current servers. The cooldown is still far too long for my tastes though.

Overall I am very happy with Merc mobility and eventually I found Arsenal to actually be better than Pyrotech. Power Surge now allows 2 abilities to be instant cast - meaning you'll get two free Tracers and have an almost guaranteed way to set up your Heatseeker and Rail Shot burst, plus 3 Missile Blasts every 6 seconds have made the Merc into a true run-n-gun class. Hydraulic Overrides is available every 30 seconds which is very nice however I feel we are too dependent on the net and if the net is wasted accidentally (for example using it just as an Assassin uses their Shroud) then we were pretty much screwed. Also I think Power Surge should have a short cooldown along the lines of 30 seconds.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.