Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
02.16.2013 , 01:17 AM | #1261
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
Once again short answer- NO.
thanks for contributing some meaningful and constructive thoughts to this discussion

Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Keldaur
02.16.2013 , 05:51 AM | #1262
I don't play commando // merc, but it makes me cringe a few things i read on this forums.

Why is people even talking about "the old days 1.2". The class was always ****, i remember how ****** it was on beta, and still people complained about the "spamming missiles" which were totally countered by somebody with half a brain to interrupt. Hell when i played at release with watchman i could totally counter a single merc so they wouldn't get a single cast off. It was always the OBVIOUS focus since they did decent damage if left alone, but with somebody on top of it it did nothing and could not escape. Every teamfight involving a merc means they got one guy less.

The problem with the class it needs a ROLE as a ranged DD nuker and fulfill it. Snipers are the best at burst with a decent CC and suvirval toolkit, sorcerers at mobility and crowd control. Mercs ? At having heavy armor, which is totally overrated.

DariusCalera
02.16.2013 , 09:20 AM | #1263
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldaur View Post
The problem with the class it needs a ROLE as a ranged DD nuker and fulfill it. Snipers are the best at burst with a decent CC and suvirval toolkit, sorcerers at mobility and crowd control. Mercs ? At having heavy armor, which is totally overrated.
Agreed.

Problem I see is that BW does not seem to know what to actually do with the class to have them fill a role.

Agood portion of the datamined abilities are defensive in nature, which is fine, except it still does not address the issues of mercs/mandos actually getting their damage out.

mulzii
02.16.2013 , 09:50 AM | #1264
Quote: Originally Posted by Keldaur View Post
I don't play commando // merc, but it makes me cringe a few things i read on this forums.

Why is people even talking about "the old days 1.2". The class was always ****, i remember how ****** it was on beta, and still people complained about the "spamming missiles" which were totally countered by somebody with half a brain to interrupt. Hell when i played at release with watchman i could totally counter a single merc so they wouldn't get a single cast off. It was always the OBVIOUS focus since they did decent damage if left alone, but with somebody on top of it it did nothing and could not escape. Every teamfight involving a merc means they got one guy less.

while never great, they did do moderately well pre 1.2. That was before the stacking heat signatures from other people and the Aoe dmg/range/footprint were drastically reduced..

skotish
02.16.2013 , 09:58 AM | #1265
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
much closer to a year tbh
Sure longer but in the case of lower ttk and other classes getting overturned its been terrible for 6 months but your right its longer
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

unbreak_able
02.16.2013 , 10:09 AM | #1266
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
"Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes."
LOL

Still laughing at this crap to this day.
Unthinkable
The Bastion

skotish
02.16.2013 , 10:23 AM | #1267
Quote: Originally Posted by unbreak_able View Post
LOL

Still laughing at this crap to this day.
Politicians can talk rubbish like this as well lol
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

unbreak_able
02.16.2013 , 10:26 AM | #1268
Quote: Originally Posted by skotish View Post
Politicians can talk rubbish like this as well lol
What is rubbish right now is the class, and BW's empty promises to fix it.
Unthinkable
The Bastion

klham
02.16.2013 , 10:34 AM | #1269
That's why we need a special port-a-pillar ability

nidalad
02.16.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1270
The devs obviously have no idea what the problem is with mercs/commandos as indicated by that yellow post of worthlessness.
Moonrunner