Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC
02.11.2013 , 05:34 PM | #1191
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Focus got nerfed pretty good, so not everyone got a flat across the board buff. Bubble stun also got nerfed so it's self only. The two biggest things people complained about--and rightly so--got nerfed. Some of the other class buffs were either meh--like vigilance guardian buffs--to pretty good--deception assassins.

1.7 is coming out tom so ya, there's no class changes. The datamined stuff are most likely expansion.
They've said they're nerfing bubbles. They haven't said how yet to my knowledge nor do the datamines contain anything to my knowledge at this time.

You're making some pretty big assumptions in this thread and proving the old saying regarding assumptions in the process. You're better than this dude. I've seen you post. I know you aren't stupid. Why you are saying blatantly stupid things?

Don't have time atm to respond to the rest, but rest assured I will.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

WiggsMagee
02.11.2013 , 05:43 PM | #1192
Got full.. fairly optimized WH gear for my 50 commando, for PvP i usually roll assault, i'm not going to say i'm in anyway a brilliant player but had a commando since BETA so i know the class fairly well. The most i get in WZs is about 270-350k.
I then decided to do my first ever PvP game on my Gunslinger who had 0 expertise... and i got 520k DPS.. i was amazed at how little damage my commando was doing when compared to other classes once i was actually playing them

texoc
02.11.2013 , 06:03 PM | #1193
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Yes and... how often do you use you instants one? Every 15 seconds? And during those 15 seconds, won't you need to use your channeled attacks to deal some damage in the meantime? Meaning maybe that our instants represents around 30% of you overall dps? Meaning maybe that during those channeld attack we might, MIGHT, get interrupted/pushed like 1-3 times in a row whileeating instant attack from opponents? Naaaah, what am I saying, of course not, let me just go spam my tracers & unload at, OMG, 30 meters range against a Warrior, yes,hmmmm, yes, to me all the love & glory in the Ranked Warzones !!!!,

Dude, you really are a newbie, it's okay, the harsh reality will sooner or later hit you full face.

EDIT: HA, just found out you are just trolling, good laugh mate, now go back to your lolsmasher.
The best thing in RBGs is a smasher leaping right into your backline or even behind it to reach your range DDs and get instantely focus fired and killed within 1 global because he just jumped out of guard/heal range.
Previe

Jherad
02.11.2013 , 06:27 PM | #1194
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
The best thing in RBGs is a smasher leaping right into your backline or even behind it to reach your range DDs and get instantely focus fired and killed within 1 global because he just jumped out of guard/heal range.
Focus fired by who?

Oh wait, don't tell me, don't tell me...

By all the DPS Mercs and commandos right!

Roflcopter. Isn't it about time you go bait a class you actually play?
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DariusCalera
02.11.2013 , 06:50 PM | #1195
Every ranged class's snare is 30m. Good try though.
Cryo Grenade got nerfed to 10m so there is an argument for either side.

cashogy_reborn
02.11.2013 , 06:51 PM | #1196
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
Vanguard: 10m range
Commando: 30m range (only 50% are casted, HIB and Demo Round are instant)

Vanguard: gets randomly smashed because he has to stick in the frontline, gets focusfired more often because he is
standing next to the enemy, gets bubble stunned 24/7
Commando: does not get randomly smashed, does not get bubble stunned 24/7, has it easier beeing on the focus
target in time
the VAST majority if fighting in this game occurs within 10m. it is just the nature of the maps and the objectives.

and you know what? Powertech's shorter range has not hurt my play even a tiny bit. bubble stun is annoying, but a little bit of smarts and you can get out of range of that sucker and pop if with explosive dart. and it is far easier to manage positioning bc i never have to stop moving to cast.

and merc/mandos dont get "randomly" smashed. we get intentionally smashed. regardless of intent, the damage still hurts the same.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Pefny
02.11.2013 , 06:55 PM | #1197
Post deleted,

I don't wanna start flame war about stuff we discussed in past.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Smashbrother
02.11.2013 , 07:15 PM | #1198
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
But others will 1v1 you, what you gonna do then? R.I.P.
That's what friends and good positioning are for?

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 07:19 PM | #1199
That's what friends and good positioning are for?
Sure, only to be beaten by other friends and good positioning... WITH BETTER CLASSES (R.I.P. II :da comeback).

Smashbrother
02.11.2013 , 07:20 PM | #1200
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
They've said they're nerfing bubbles. They haven't said how yet to my knowledge nor do the datamines contain anything to my knowledge at this time.

You're making some pretty big assumptions in this thread and proving the old saying regarding assumptions in the process. You're better than this dude. I've seen you post. I know you aren't stupid. Why you are saying blatantly stupid things?

Don't have time atm to respond to the rest, but rest assured I will.
Have you not read the stuff on darth hater? It says kinetic collapse is self only. That is the bubble stun talent. It got nerfed like BW said they would.

The focus changes are all mostly nerfs so I'm not assuming anything. Singularity going from 4 stack to 3 stacks is a 25% damage nerf right off the bat.

I'm not making any assumptions that is outside of what is said in the stuff on darth hater. All of us are making assumptions in the regards that this datamined stuff may or may not all go through, but that is a moot point.