Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 08:11 AM | #1161
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
I never said the class is "FINE". But I definately think its not as bad as people make it sound.
Listen, I might have went a little too far with my previous post, but I, as someone who have experienced RWZ in my EWH gear, can tell you that this class is as bad as people make it sound, seriously.

texoc
02.11.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1162
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Listen, I might have went a little too far with my previous post, but I, as someone who have experienced RWZ in my EWH gear, can tell you that this class is as bad as people make it sound, seriously.
And as someone who has seen ...

full EWH Commandos barely put up 240dps in a full novare RBG while free casting and the own team completely dominateing the other team...
and not even fully modded War Hero put up 800dps in a RBG and finishing the game with 10+ deaths....

...I certainly believe beeing in EWH =/= being skilled

(Im not saying that you lack skill etc.)

2 Weeks ago we put up a RBG Team with Assault Commando and a DD Sage ... and hell it worked and both outdpsed every single Powertech and Smasher on this day.

People say Commandos are the worst Healers, yet those teams on our server that have 1 are the hardest to take down, constantely healing 1100hps+ and absolutely immortal when guarded.

Heck people believed pre 1.2 that marauders/sentinels where the worst class ever and nobody wanted sentinels/maras in their raid. I got called a hacker for winning 1v3s and topping off 800dps, because how could someone possibly be so good on a freakin broken class.

We even used/ and are going to use again Scrapper Scoundrel in our setup. Because we have this 1 Scoundrel, that is able to surpass the dmg of a Pyrotech.

People say Concealment is not viable in a raid, and than suddenly someone joins the discussion posting a evidence of a Concealment reaching 1900dps in a raid.

Forum Opinions =/= Truth

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 08:24 AM | #1163
Then it's time for you to post those aswesome videos and skills then.

KettleBelll
02.11.2013 , 08:24 AM | #1164
Would you people just spam Grav Round and assist?

Why is assisting so hard for you people? You deal lots of upfront damage, and it armor debuffs.

- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round

Why is this so hard?

Atramar
02.11.2013 , 08:36 AM | #1165
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post

Why is assisting so hard for you people? You deal lots of upfront damage, and it armor debuffs.

- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round

Why is this so hard?
I feel commando/merc hate rage comming. get ready for grav round in ur face
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 08:37 AM | #1166

- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round

Why is this so hard?

Man, it's kinda depressing when this topic has more than 1k posts and yet peopel like this come here and pretty much trash what we're fighting for, GG pple.

KettleBelll
02.11.2013 , 08:45 AM | #1167
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Man, it's kinda depressing when this topic has more than 1k posts and yet peopel like this come here and pretty much trash what we're fighting for, GG pple.
You know you don't CTRL-F

Try assisting in your next wz!

cashogy_reborn
02.11.2013 , 09:19 AM | #1168
look, it is possible to succeed as a Merc/Mando. many of us have done it, even in RWZ.

the bottomline is that other DPS classes are more proficient in almost every way. i recently made the switch to powertech, and it is better than Merc in every way.

i do not feel at a disadvantage for lack of range; the vast majority of combat takes place within 10m, and closing from 30m takes only a few seconds. i never have to stop moving while doing damage. i have much better utility with a pull and an AOE stun.

on my Merc, i was usually able to pull ~350k damage per warzone, topping at around 500-600k usually once a day. on my powertech, 450k is a meh game, and 600k is what i can pull in a 8 minute void star.

playing a Merc is like purposefully handicapping yourself
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Pefny
02.11.2013 , 09:23 AM | #1169
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
(...) (while having even 5% dmg reduction up from gunnery tree)
And u know that this HC 5% dmg reduction has to be stacked by 3 tracers/gravs? - interruptable, 1,5 s cast...

Quote:

- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round
- Ctrl-F and Grav Round

Why is this so hard?
That's made my day. I can't see any point of taking "assisant DD" (sic) when u put in his place full DD.
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Choffware
02.11.2013 , 09:30 AM | #1170
You know you don't CTRL-F

Try assisting in your next wz!
Are you kidding? you think the reason mercs are having so much trouble is that they don't assist? I don't even know where to start on this one...
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc