Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smashbrother
02.11.2013 , 03:07 AM | #1151
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
honestly, there is no point getting your panties in a bunch yet fellas.

all of this datamined crap is great for a basic overall picture, but how can any of us pass judgement on it before a) we see it in yellow text, b) we actually get to play with it ourselves, and c) get to see how it relates in-game to the changes other classes have got.

theorycrafting is great for taking numbers and doing some plug-and-chug math. but when you are trying to predict fight outcomes based on completely hypothetical descriptions (lets face it, thats all these abilities are at this point) there is literally no point.
Well stuff that are datamined are usually true the vast majority of the time. People datamined crap all the time in WoW, and most of it became true. I still remember when people datamined white saber crystals when the game first came out, and they eventually got added in lol. But yes, until it's officially in patch notes, it's doesn't mean jack.

Anyways, if the stuff from Darth Hater go through for commandos, I'll be happy. Net isn't the disengage/reverse leap I wanted, but holy crap is it awesome.

cashogy_reborn
02.11.2013 , 03:22 AM | #1152
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Well stuff that are datamined are usually true the vast majority of the time. People datamined crap all the time in WoW, and most of it became true. I still remember when people datamined white saber crystals when the game first came out, and they eventually got added in lol. But yes, until it's officially in patch notes, it's doesn't mean jack.

Anyways, if the stuff from Darth Hater go through for commandos, I'll be happy. Net isn't the disengage/reverse leap I wanted, but holy crap is it awesome.
i agree that in theory the net thing sounds cool, but it sounds like a base class ability that both VG/PT and Mando/Merc will get.

also, in comparison to the other what the other classes will be getting, Mando/Merc is still likely going to be on the bottom of the totem pole.

this game needed a balance check. bioware needed to pick a certain level of performance, and then bring all classes either up or down to that level. based on the info from the datamine, it looks like they are just buffing every class. which does nothing but preserve the status quo, like ive already said.

and if 1.7 comes out and there are absolutely no changes to class balance, im going to find it hard to justify sticking with this game. i need to find a good guild; playing this game by yourself for the most part if boring as hell
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Macroeconomics
02.11.2013 , 04:42 AM | #1153
Is this your first MMO or something...(Electro Net) will not be affected by saber reflect.
Is English your 8th language or something? All the entities with damage reflect abilities currently reflect DoT damage. And BW has made a habit of inserting descriptions of how abilities work that are diametrically opposed to how they actually work.

But let's say for argument's sake that it does. So *********** what? I'd rather that melee be 30m away from me slowed to hell and not able to leap to me, and reflect whatever damage net is doing to him, than him leaping to my face and destroying me.
If you've ever played a melee, you must be a horrible one. Letting a Merc open up a 30m gap from melee range because he put a 50% snare on you? Horrible. A competent melee will be able to hit the Merc for the full 9 second duration of Electro Net, while the Merc is doing what? Nothing for approximately half that time due to Saber Reflect. The bottom line is that the addition of Saber Reflect + Electro Net is a net add of several free GCDs to a competent melee player. For you, evidently not so much.

BoskiCesiu
02.11.2013 , 04:49 AM | #1154
Juggernaut Vs Commando

Jagg: Saber Throw + Force Charge ~ 2-3,5k dmg
- Force Charge interrupt and stun Commando
- Commando cant stun Juggernaut - Force Charge gives the resistance to all stuns
Jagg: Sundering Assault + Smash ~ 7-8k dmg
Jagg: Force Push + Force Charge ~ 2 k dmg + interrupt, + resistance
Jagg: ravage - cant be interrupt ~ 3-4k dmg + Smash ~6k dmg
Jagg: Vicious Throw ~ 3-4k dmg
Commando is dead - Juggernauts have 90% hp
The same situation with Marauders

Last WZ:
My team: 4 Commando, 1 Guard, 1 Setn., 2 Sages
Enemy team: 1 Sorc., 4 Marauders, 3 Jugger.
We could not leave the respawn....

I have 5 item Elite WH and 20,5k hp, Commando is my main. I play this game from the beginning.

texoc
02.11.2013 , 05:41 AM | #1155
Quote: Originally Posted by BoskiCesiu View Post
Juggernaut Vs Commando

Jagg: Saber Throw + Force Charge ~ 2-3,5k dmg only when crit which happens rarely with 22-25%crit, which most Smashers use to have
- Force Charge interrupt and stun Commando Force Charge does not stun
- Commando cant stun Juggernaut - Force Charge gives the resistance to all stuns only if specced hybrid, which means they dont have Force Crush and basically only 2 sources for shockwave stacks
Jagg: Sundering Assault + Smash ~ 7-8k dmg Sundering Assault deals on heavy Armor max 1.8k and only if it crits (see first note) ive yet to see a 6-7k smash on my Commando, max 5-5.8k
Jagg: Force Push + Force Charge ~ 2 k dmg + interrupt, + resistance resistantce, again only if specced hybrid
Jagg: ravage - cant be interrupt ~ 3-4k dmg + Smash ~6k dmg Ravage can be stunned, and i dont know how he got his second 4 stacks shockwave?

Commando is dead - Juggernauts have 90% hp
The same situation with Marauders

I have 5 item Elite WH and 20,5k hp, Commando is my main. I play this game from the beginning.
Lets say the Jugga plays the unstoppable Smash hybrid spec and using your "Jugga opening Rotation":
Jagg: Saber Throw + Force Charge ----> 4 second Stun immunity + Jagg: Sundering Assault + Smash (means he used his Combat Focus to get 4 instant shockwave stacks)
---> pop defcooldowns , Reactive Shield + Warzone Adrenal + 5% dmg reduction trough gunnery Tree 45% dmg reduction on top of 31% dmg reduction trough heavy armor, smash hits rediculous low now ----> pop Arenalin Rush (heals Smash dmg completely away), at this point you could actually knock him back after the 4 seconds immunity are over, you could have baited his interrupt with a Fullcast Plasma Grenade

Jagg: Force Push + Force Charge ~ 2 k dmg + interrupt, + resistance +Jagg: ravage - cant be interrupt ~ 3-4k dmg + Smash ~6k dmg
Doesnt work, because he needs to Choke/Stasis you in order to get again 4 stacks shockwave (its the only remaining soruce after combat focus is used, considering he is a hybrid), you just CC break the stun, no shockwave stacks for the Jugga

After this you have a 35-40 second window in which he just cant smash you with shockwave stacks. Sustained dmg of a Smasher is laughably low.

You can use instant Advanced Medical Probe 2k-3.9k heal
Medpack 6k heal
Tech Override + Medical Probe 2.5k - 5k heal
or Tech Override + Concussive Round if he used his stunbreaker und Cryo Grenade, and heal back up with Medical probe (3x eventually even 4x)

If he isnt using the unstoppable hybrid its pretty faceroll.
Previe

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 05:55 AM | #1156
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post

---> pop defcooldowns , Reactive Shield + Warzone Adrenal + 5% dmg reduction trough gunnery Tree 45% dmg reduction on top of 31% dmg reduction trough heavy armor, smash hits rediculous low now

Full EWH here (except the earpiece & implants), I still eat 7K's Force Sweep, buddy.

texoc
02.11.2013 , 07:15 AM | #1157
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
Full EWH here (except the earpiece & implants), I still eat 7K's Force Sweep, buddy.
Probably an inspiration/ warzone red buff boosted smash.

My Slinger in medium armor (with out any dmg reducing talents, out of cover) gets hit max 6.8k by an absolutely min/maxed 100% full elite WH Smasher from my guild with Sundering Strike armor Debuff on me and 10% Leap Bonus.

Dont come here and tell me you get smashed for 7k on heavy armor on a regular basis (while having even 5% dmg reduction up from gunnery tree)
Previe

yoomazir
02.11.2013 , 07:25 AM | #1158
Quote: Originally Posted by texoc View Post
Dont come here and tell me you get smashed for 7k on heavy armor on a regular basis (while having even 5% dmg reduction up from gunnery tree)
Don't come here telling us Commando/Mercs are fine.

From time to time there's a guys like you that comes bragging in this topic that this AC class is fine, when it's not, and then your kind vanish afterward, because you have no proof or videos proving your statements, simply because they don't exist.
If yes, please, I really hope you are on the Red Eclipse, and if you have no character on that server I'll help ya boosting and even throw a couple of millions to help gear you up, because I have a bunch of PTs/Jugs/Ops that I'm eager to present you because they would be more than willing to be ganked by a merc (it would be a first for them) in a 1v1... yeah, thought so.

Still, thank you for you marvelous pvp skillz contributions... not.

Atramar
02.11.2013 , 07:43 AM | #1159

From time to time there's a guys like you that comes bragging in this topic that this AC class is fine, when it's not, and then your kind vanish afterward, because you have no proof or videos proving your statements, simply because they don't exist.
If yes, please, I really hope you are on the Red Eclipse, and if you have no character on that server I'll help ya boosting and even throw a couple of millions to help gear you up, because I have a bunch of PTs/Jugs/Ops that I'm eager to present you because they would be more than willing to be ganked by a merc (it would be a first for them) in a 1v1... yeah, thought so.

all he did, was to tell that with less dmg reduction he takes less damage, and he thinks you are mistaken and you jump on him like angry gorilla... amusing.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

texoc
02.11.2013 , 08:01 AM | #1160

I never said the class is "FINE". But I definately think its not as bad as people make it sound.

I just wrote down a possible way to deal with an Unstoppable Smash Jugga, because it just sounded like the Jugga would stomp a Dummy.

Further I dont know why you are comparing the 2 worst 1v1 specs.

Besides this is a team game:

Healers need dmg dealers to kill, and tanks to absorb damage.
Tanks need obviously DDs and healers to keep them up.

And a Commando needs classes that draw the enemies attention and healers to back them up.
Previe