Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy_reborn
02.09.2013 , 08:31 PM | #1111
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
To be fair, none of that is listed on the changes on Darth Hater, so other rebalances like this and for other classes we just don't know atm.
we also dont really know any of the values attached to any of the skills listed in the data-mine

we really dont know anything. and tbh, i dont know how much longer i will wait to find out. if 1.7 actually comes with no class changes at all, that is just more evidence that bioware is making the wrong decisions.

i mean, who is in charge over there? in what business is it a good practice to keep your consumer base 100% in the dark, consistently turn out broken/poorly assembled products, and just straight up treat your consumer base like morons? i find it incredibly hard to believe that someone is being paid money to make these decisions, especially when there are clear paths to making this game succeed in the long-run yet the game is going in the other direction.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 08:42 PM | #1112
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
we also dont really know any of the values attached to any of the skills listed in the data-mine

we really dont know anything. and tbh, i dont know how much longer i will wait to find out. if 1.7 actually comes with no class changes at all, that is just more evidence that bioware is making the wrong decisions.

i mean, who is in charge over there? in what business is it a good practice to keep your consumer base 100% in the dark, consistently turn out broken/poorly assembled products, and just straight up treat your consumer base like morons? i find it incredibly hard to believe that someone is being paid money to make these decisions, especially when there are clear paths to making this game succeed in the long-run yet the game is going in the other direction.
LOL How many times have I said that if not for my guild I'd have quit a long time ago. The merits of the game certainly aren't what keeps me here.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
02.09.2013 , 09:00 PM | #1113
1.7 is still my limit. If there is nothing merc/mando related in there, I'll be enjoying the free-to-play option. Once, for an hour or so after each subsequent major patch which DOES mention us.

I really hope that the dataminers missed something. I see nothing so far that would tempt a RWZ team to take a DPS commando. No utility, and no buffs that other classes didn't get a whole lot more of. Heck, even the best of the trooper changes also went to Vanguards. I LOLd that the 'advance the line' thing we were all excited about turned out to be Vanguard only. We'll see.

I predict a lot more combat sentinels (and probably shadows/sins) in the future.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy_reborn
02.09.2013 , 11:48 PM | #1114
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
1.7 is still my limit. If there is nothing merc/mando related in there, I'll be enjoying the free-to-play option. Once, for an hour or so after each subsequent major patch which DOES mention us.

I really hope that the dataminers missed something. I see nothing so far that would tempt a RWZ team to take a DPS commando. No utility, and no buffs that other classes didn't get a whole lot more of. Heck, even the best of the trooper changes also went to Vanguards. I LOLd that the 'advance the line' thing we were all excited about turned out to be Vanguard only. We'll see.

I predict a lot more combat sentinels (and probably shadows/sins) in the future.
part of the problem is that every class is seeming to get the same level of buff-age. which does nothing but preserve the current status-quo
The King of Bads

Macroeconomics
02.10.2013 , 12:47 AM | #1115
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

See, you use Electro Net on the enemy melee and he puts up Saber Reflect and the Merc dies, thereby putting him in the respawn bin. See, he escaped!

cashogy_reborn
02.10.2013 , 12:50 AM | #1116
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.

See, you use Electro Net on the enemy melee and he puts up Saber Reflect and the Merc dies, thereby putting him in the respawn bin. See, he escaped!
a puppy just died somewhere
The King of Bads

Macroeconomics
02.10.2013 , 01:00 AM | #1117
To be honest, I do see *potentially* some good stuff in here. IF CGC is allowed to exist on multiple enemies, that would be a real buff. Do I have confidence that BW even knows that CGC can exist on only one enemy at a time currently? LOL....

Depending on what the x,y, and z values are, we may get a damage output buff. But the purported help in escapability? Non existent. Electro Net will actually hurt you when used against the foe Mercs need to escape from, i.e. enemy melee.

klham
02.10.2013 , 02:38 AM | #1118
It really depends on how powerful an escape mechanism they decide to give to the class. Something on a reasonably short cool down that regains range while proc'ing short-term immunities and/or movement buff could radically change the class. The anticipated escape is not included in the data mined material .

Macroeconomics
02.10.2013 , 02:59 AM | #1119
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
It really depends on how powerful an escape mechanism they decide to give to the class. Something on a reasonably short cool down that regains range while proc'ing short-term immunities and/or movement buff could radically change the class. The anticipated escape is not included in the data mined material .
That the optimistic opinion. The less optimistic one is that Electro Net is the planned escape mechanism, there will be no help for Mercs before Makeb, and oh, yeah.... Electro Net won't help you escape from enemy melee.

Amebia
02.10.2013 , 03:28 AM | #1120
After seeing the lolrauder buffs

Really bioware....

Should of been toning that class down if anything

Damage reflect

-Kal'ray