Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DariusCalera
02.09.2013 , 12:19 PM | #1101
Still nothing there that makes me think "Now there's something that I can bring to a ranked match!".

Still don't think BW knows how the class plays.

cashogy_reborn
02.09.2013 , 12:33 PM | #1102
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Still don't think BW knows how the class plays.
it is known
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 01:29 PM | #1103
Like you cash, my only consolation atm is that we don't have the full picture yet, but jeez what we do know is discouraging. *** BW.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jherad
02.09.2013 , 02:32 PM | #1104
Yeah, I want to give these changes a proper shake on the PTS before I pass judgement, but right now they only look good BEFORE you glance at what everyone else got (and damage reductions on anything just make me feel bitter). Let's hope we missed something big.

1.7 is as far as I'm prepared to wait, outside of checking back occasionally as a FTPer.

EDIT: HAH, looks like there will be no PTS testing for 1.7. Shocked and stunned I am. Shocked and stunned.

We don't want your stinking feedback before we implement to live. You can like it, or quit.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

lucianobck
02.09.2013 , 02:40 PM | #1105
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
I hope you do the same with Soc/Sages.

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1106
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, I want to give these changes a proper shake on the PTS before I pass judgement, but right now they only look good BEFORE you glance at what everyone else got (and damage reductions on anything just make me feel bitter). Let's hope we missed something big.

1.7 is as far as I'm prepared to wait, outside of checking back occasionally as a FTPer.

EDIT: HAH, looks like there will be no PTS testing for 1.7. Shocked and stunned I am. Shocked and stunned.

We don't want your stinking feedback before we implement to live. You can like it, or quit.
Yeah I'm pretty sure 1.7 is going to have no class balance changes. All this stuff looks like expansion changes.

-Wnd

yoomazir
02.09.2013 , 03:20 PM | #1107
It doesn't matter if we get a 10-15% alacrity bonus, it doesn't matter if we get a 9 seconds Unload cooldown, it doesn't matter if Powershot cost less, we can't deal any dmg if we get interrupted or pushed, THAT, is the problem.

If you are face to face against any other classes, you can't bother using Tracer Missile, Powershot or Unload, simply because you are going to be interrupted or pushed back between 1-3 times IN A ROW depending the class you are facing, that's means during all that time (2-6 seconds, a lifetime in a 1v1) you deal ZERO damage to the opponent while he roflstomp you to death...

What can we do instead? Running, using Rapid Shots and praying that our instant ablities cooldowns are reseted, and that is beyond ridiculous, because, a Powertech for example, can not only do the same, but possess another extra instant cast ability that also allows him to reset another instant ability.

So, to the Bioware pvp development team, CHANNELED ATTACKS ARE A NO GO UNLESS THEY ARE UNINTERRUPTABLE, just, please, think for a second instead of giving us useless skills! Or better: PLAY THE DAMN CLASS, and see how good you are going to fare against any other competent AC player.

IF Bioware plans to stick with those ridiculous skills then it should be at least a 50% alacrity bonus, a 6 second Unload cooldown... and even like that we wouldn't even come close to any good Mara/Assassin/Scoundrel, until then, move along folks, Commando/Mercs are still going to be the WZ laughing stock.

Pefny
02.09.2013 , 03:34 PM | #1108
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure 1.7 is going to have no class balance changes. All this stuff looks like expansion changes.
Got same feeling. I'm also highly disturbed about new content as whole, giving current bug situation (inscpect still don't work properly!)... but it's out of topic. Maybe a little, little... fix... last, small piece of hope...

To lucianobck - yeah they could give u better escapes, we at the moment need any kind of escape (and many other changes...)
CERUS - PYRO MERC/CERFUN - ASSAULT COMMANDO - ATM on vacation, thanks to critical dameges to AC made by BW
CERATION - PYRO/SHIELD PT
BEROYA LEGACY - ToFN

Flying-Brian
02.09.2013 , 06:19 PM | #1109
Don't forget to add in the 5% damage reduction to demo/heatseeker, and making the RNG damage from grav/tracer have a larger gap (lower min damage, higher max damage). This is while all other AC's have damage buffs listed in their changes.

ArchangelLBC
02.09.2013 , 08:17 PM | #1110
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Don't forget to add in the 5% damage reduction to demo/heatseeker, and making the RNG damage from grav/tracer have a larger gap (lower min damage, higher max damage). This is while all other AC's have damage buffs listed in their changes.
To be fair, none of that is listed on the changes on Darth Hater, so other rebalances like this and for other classes we just don't know atm.

-Wnd