Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
02.07.2013 , 02:32 PM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
You see the dude from predator? He wasn't trying to heal him.
Thx dude, this made my day.

TUXs
02.07.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1072
Its not outside the realm of reason to want to shoot things on the class that hauls around a big FU assault cannon.

Course he wasn't damaging him either really so just goes to show stealth classes will dominate.
By far, one of the best explanations of ANYTHING I've ever read
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

cashogy_reborn
02.07.2013 , 03:21 PM | #1073
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Ahh, I love sarcasm in the mornings.

Look, maybe mercs/commandos are not perfect for pvp. You have posts of people with big numbers, soloing their counters... isn't this how it should be?
year ago mercs were one button op and everywhere, people learned how to counter you, and that's it.
when you (not directly you, i mean this whole thread), ask for tools like cc immunity, interrupt immunity, jump immunity, and damage immunity, then don't expect me to treat thread serious.
no one takes mercs for ranked pvp? 2 of my guild officers told me I have to respec to 23/1/17 assassin if I want to do RWZ with them, cause as 0/27/14 I'm not good for team play.
Ofcourse I could go 'whaaa whaaa whaaaa don't treat me like I'm a merc whaaaa', but i respeced and took position I was chosen for.
I really don't care for people who refuse to adapt, think they are being glorified for it, while in reality they waste their and others time. Just like people who refuse to go madness on a sorc begging BIOware for a buff to lightning...
Mercs were never, ever ever ever ever ever OP. people just didnt use interrupts. player ineptitude is no reason to nerf a class.

and you are comparing Merc to Sin for RWZ comps? yeah, 23/1/17 is infinitely better for team-play and group utility.

name me a Merc spec that is desired, or even remotely viable, for RWZ.

you cannot.

if i could roll some magical hybrid, or even make my Merc a healer and be viable for high-level competitive PvP, i would in a heartbeat. but no Merc spec is viable b/c of the massive vulnerability to interrupts.

and the folks in this thread that have put up the big numbers HAVE adapted. we've been able to take a broken class and succeed where almost everyone else would fail. i have to play at a significantly higher skill level than any other DPS class to obtain the same damage output.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Bluntron
02.07.2013 , 03:29 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
Actually I can solo good players. (I have to make them waste cooldowns and have my own cooldowns)

I play on Prophecy of the 5. I'm actually mainly a healer, but I moved to Singapore and to deal with the latency I switched to DPS for funsies. (Healing requires faster reactions as a Mercenary and less anticipation)

Of course when I solo several people they are definitely terrible. But I've soloed the top rated smash jugs, operatives, assassins, powertechs before. Just need to get a little lucky. Of course most of the time if I don't get the jump, or react fast enough, it's over before I can blink.

Also, Atramar, you sir are an ***.

I have an Assassin I made to "fit the spot" That doesn't mean I don't want to have fun on my Mercenary in Rankeds. Casual play is like 100 skill levels below good rated matches, and that much more fun.
Whats your merc/mandos name?

Mines Mitchel Ricardo on Po5 Merc.

klham
02.07.2013 , 04:55 PM | #1075
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Mercs were never, ever ever ever ever ever OP. people just didnt use interrupts. player ineptitude is no reason to nerf a class.

and you are comparing Merc to Sin for RWZ comps? yeah, 23/1/17 is infinitely better for team-play and group utility.

name me a Merc spec that is desired, or even remotely viable, for RWZ.

you cannot.

if i could roll some magical hybrid, or even make my Merc a healer and be viable for high-level competitive PvP, i would in a heartbeat. but no Merc spec is viable b/c of the massive vulnerability to interrupts.

and the folks in this thread that have put up the big numbers HAVE adapted. we've been able to take a broken class and succeed where almost everyone else would fail. i have to play at a significantly higher skill level than any other DPS class to obtain the same damage output.
Thanks for writing what a lot of us were certainly thinking when we read the post you're responding to. It would be different if we were a hard-counter to a least one other class in the game, or if we made up for our design handicap with heightened performance in one or two specialized area. But as you correctly point out, the merc/mando AC requires nothing short of excellence just to be "at par" with average player playing any other advanced class. And that comparison with Assassins is silly given the ample toolkit Assassins possess. There really is no comparison (although that's not to belittle the skill required to play Assassins *well*).

lortespand
02.07.2013 , 06:42 PM | #1076
Simple: No.

DariusCalera
02.07.2013 , 07:36 PM | #1077
Its not outside the realm of reason to want to shoot things on the class that hauls around a big FU assault cannon.

Course he wasn't damaging him either really so just goes to show stealth classes will dominate.
For poops and grins.

Predator Minigun

PerinnAybara
02.08.2013 , 09:01 AM | #1078
It's in my title.

My mercenary is Mathrim Cauthon. I tagged up with Brutalize, then to Rainbow Space Unicorns, then back to Brutalize.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Asukaa
02.08.2013 , 10:33 AM | #1079
Guys, I stopped playing my commando 2 months ago. So don't worry, the metrics will now go down and BW will start seeing what everyone is talking about. Cash, you need to stop playing too or else it'll take longer!! =P

Now that the 2 of us are no longer playing our commando's, the nerfs will stop.
25 minute Assault Commando pvp video: http://youtu.be/7wM0QXWBwoE
Duck'bumps (Assault Commando) vs Silch (Focus Guardian) all 5 Rounds (Silch POV): http://youtu.be/R_S_DQKOvd8

ArchangelLBC
02.08.2013 , 10:36 AM | #1080
There's a reason I called for a commando PVP boycott ages ago but nooooo some of yall insisted on proving something =P
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd