Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
02.06.2013 , 11:08 AM | #1051
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
last night I scored 3 solo kills on a commando. does it mean they need a buff?
maybe.
did he even once used knock back, stun,mezz or atleast a shield?
nope.

maybe BIO should give FAQ on every AC and sell 'advanced classes for dummies' on amazon 1.99$ a pop for ebook.

million dollar idea.
Your posts are, as always, insightful and helpful Uncle Atramar
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.06.2013 , 11:28 AM | #1052
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
last night I scored 3 solo kills on a commando. does it mean they need a buff?
maybe.
did he even once used knock back, stun,mezz or atleast a shield?
nope.

maybe BIO should give FAQ on every AC and sell 'advanced classes for dummies' on amazon 1.99$ a pop for ebook.

million dollar idea.
selling PvP lessons. 1 million credits



Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

PerinnAybara's Avatar


PerinnAybara
02.06.2013 , 12:22 PM | #1053
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
last night I scored 3 solo kills on a commando. does it mean they need a buff?
maybe.
did he even once used knock back, stun,mezz or atleast a shield?
nope.

maybe BIO should give FAQ on every AC and sell 'advanced classes for dummies' on amazon 1.99$ a pop for ebook.

million dollar idea.
I soloed a marauder 3 times in a row. They need buffs big time.

I've gotten 7 solo kills in a warzone while having fun. Gotta nerf Mercenaries.

I recently did 943k damage in a Novare T_T. So close to that million and I couldn't figure out how to use that darn print screen thingie.

I've managed to single handedly cap a node from two people on my own in novare (as a merc healer). Killed both of them at the same time. I've fought three people at the same time and soloed two of them (as a merc dps)

I do a lot of ramboing for fun.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
02.06.2013 , 03:59 PM | #1054
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
I soloed a marauder 3 times in a row. They need buffs big time.

I've gotten 7 solo kills in a warzone while having fun. Gotta nerf Mercenaries.

I recently did 943k damage in a Novare T_T. So close to that million and I couldn't figure out how to use that darn print screen thingie.

I've managed to single handedly cap a node from two people on my own in novare (as a merc healer). Killed both of them at the same time. I've fought three people at the same time and soloed two of them (as a merc dps)

I do a lot of ramboing for fun.
You play against bad players and that makes me sad for humanity in a myriad of ways =/

I mean kudos to you on your skill cause that ain't easy, but when I win a 2v1 on my sent, I know it's cause I was facing bad players. Doing the same as a Merc DPS implies a level of bad that I don't even wanna think about.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.06.2013 , 04:58 PM | #1055
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
I soloed a marauder 3 times in a row. They need buffs big time.

I've gotten 7 solo kills in a warzone while having fun. Gotta nerf Mercenaries.

I recently did 943k damage in a Novare T_T. So close to that million and I couldn't figure out how to use that darn print screen thingie.

I've managed to single handedly cap a node from two people on my own in novare (as a merc healer). Killed both of them at the same time. I've fought three people at the same time and soloed two of them (as a merc dps)

I do a lot of ramboing for fun.
what server do you play on?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
02.06.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1056
On a semi-related note, does anyone else here tremble with fear about the impact of all these class balance changes that have been spotted via data mining? I mean BW can't even get a grip on class balance with the existing framework. And now they are going to add tons of abilities and skills to each class? I don't know which class will be super OP in 2.0. But I can GUARANTEE you there will be one. And one will be super underpowered. For example, take a look at the data mined buff Mercs get to DFA - the third tick of DFA triggers CGC. Lulz, who the eff is still in the DFA circle for the 3rd tick? Meanwhile Sorcs get an immunity to damage, control, and negative effects that ignores GCD and can be used while stunned or cc'ed? This stuff clearly has not been rigorously tested.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
02.06.2013 , 05:31 PM | #1057
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
On a semi-related note, does anyone else here tremble with fear about the impact of all these class balance changes that have been spotted via data mining? I mean BW can't even get a grip on class balance with the existing framework. And now they are going to add tons of abilities and skills to each class? I don't know which class will be super OP in 2.0. But I can GUARANTEE you there will be one. And one will be super underpowered. For example, take a look at the data mined buff Mercs get to DFA - the third tick of DFA triggers CGC. Lulz, who the eff is still in the DFA circle for the 3rd tick? Meanwhile Sorcs get an immunity to damage, control, and negative effects that ignores GCD and can be used while stunned or cc'ed? This stuff clearly has not been rigorously tested.
DFA triggering CGC on the last tick? it should be the first tick. that would actually be decent considering it is probably one of the worst AOE abilities in the game right now
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
02.07.2013 , 03:28 AM | #1058
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
DFA triggering CGC on the last tick? it should be the first tick. that would actually be decent considering it is probably one of the worst AOE abilities in the game right now
Even DFA triggering CGC brings up a host of questions. Currently of course CGC can only exist on one enemy target. You can test this in your space ship. Alternate shooting at your two target dummies with Rapid Shots. Only one will catch fire at a time. Will CGC still be limited to one target once DFA can trigger it? Seriously, what is the point of having an AoE attack proc an ability that can only affect one enemy? And how does the server pick which enemy gets the CGC in that 0.2% of cases where two enemies are actually stupid enough to be in the DFA circle for the 3rd tick?

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
02.07.2013 , 04:46 AM | #1059
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Your posts are, as always, insightful and helpful Uncle Atramar
Ahh, I love sarcasm in the mornings.

Look, maybe mercs/commandos are not perfect for pvp. You have posts of people with big numbers, soloing their counters... isn't this how it should be?
year ago mercs were one button op and everywhere, people learned how to counter you, and that's it.
when you (not directly you, i mean this whole thread), ask for tools like cc immunity, interrupt immunity, jump immunity, and damage immunity, then don't expect me to treat thread serious.
no one takes mercs for ranked pvp? 2 of my guild officers told me I have to respec to 23/1/17 assassin if I want to do RWZ with them, cause as 0/27/14 I'm not good for team play.
Ofcourse I could go 'whaaa whaaa whaaaa don't treat me like I'm a merc whaaaa', but i respeced and took position I was chosen for.
I really don't care for people who refuse to adapt, think they are being glorified for it, while in reality they waste their and others time. Just like people who refuse to go madness on a sorc begging BIOware for a buff to lightning...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

PerinnAybara's Avatar


PerinnAybara
02.07.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1060
Actually I can solo good players. (I have to make them waste cooldowns and have my own cooldowns)

I play on Prophecy of the 5. I'm actually mainly a healer, but I moved to Singapore and to deal with the latency I switched to DPS for funsies. (Healing requires faster reactions as a Mercenary and less anticipation)

Of course when I solo several people they are definitely terrible. But I've soloed the top rated smash jugs, operatives, assassins, powertechs before. Just need to get a little lucky. Of course most of the time if I don't get the jump, or react fast enough, it's over before I can blink.

Also, Atramar, you sir are an ***.

I have an Assassin I made to "fit the spot" That doesn't mean I don't want to have fun on my Mercenary in Rankeds. Casual play is like 100 skill levels below good rated matches, and that much more fun.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five