Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Something doesn't want me to play. :(

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Something doesn't want me to play. :(
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 01:03 PM | #1
Talk about the game not wanting me to play. Spent all day yesterday and the night before trying to get the game installed. Devs here helped me get that fixed.

Now today as I am trying play the game and the first thing I noticed is that I have to setup my Graphics. So I turn them up. After I do I notice this little message popup just under the chat saying something about new graphic settings. This is not the "Keep" settings Message it is something different. So I click the OK Check box and my game CTD's on me. So I was like hmmm. Then I restart the game and as I am about to start moving my character in the game the entire screen goes Light Blue and locks up. So I try to bring up the Task Manager and the Entire Computer Crashes and Restarts. I restart the game again and at first it seems sluggish but then seems to play OK. At least enough to kill a mob. It was still sluggish, but then about three minutes into the game I loose Connection to the Server and it boots me to the Server Screen.

Something is telling me to not play the game. This game is starting to give me a headache.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 01:05 PM | #2
DxDiag: Part 1
Spoiler
Jedi Consular Sage

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 01:06 PM | #3
DxDiag Part 2
Spoiler
Jedi Consular Sage

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 01:07 PM | #4
DxDiag Part 3
Spoiler

Man Windows 8 makes Large DxDiag files.
Jedi Consular Sage

Roalmo
10.28.2012 , 01:45 PM | #5
You running 3 AMD cards in that box?

Dxdiag seems to be reporting 3.

If you are, you might want to remove 2 of them, SWTOR since 1.4 has had troubles with 2 in cross-fire much less 3.

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 06:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
You running 3 AMD cards in that box?

Dxdiag seems to be reporting 3.

If you are, you might want to remove 2 of them, SWTOR since 1.4 has had troubles with 2 in cross-fire much less 3.
What you are seeing is actually do to having three monitors hooked up.
I only have 2 @ 6970 GPU's. I would like to get a third one.

Yeah I know Crossfire took a hit from the 1.4 patch. It sucks that when they tried to improve things they only made it worse.
Jedi Consular Sage

WarbNull
10.28.2012 , 09:48 PM | #7
I found out what was causing some of my issues. AMD Hydra Desktop Manager. When I updated all my AMD Driver / Software, The Hydra Desktop Manager got enabled by default and it was causing issues with the game. What got me to notice it was when I started to look and see why the SWTOR Launcher started up real slow. I noticed the HydraDMH64 listed as the top thing in the CPU usage and it kicked in when the Launcher was trying to startup. So I turned it off and the game started working a lot better.
I still do not get as good performance as I did before the 1.4 patch but it is a lot better now.

I wonder if this is what was causing my issues with the Install of the game?
Jedi Consular Sage

Beesodd
10.28.2012 , 10:03 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thank you for the information, WarbNull. Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else encountering this issue.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.