Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: Make Ignore BETTER!

Ubuu
10.28.2012 , 12:23 PM | #21
/bump

Evalyn
10.28.2012 , 01:12 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxumus View Post
I'd like to see an 'ignore legacy' option. I have had a couple people who after being ignored switch to an alt to continue the harassment. Gets to be obnoxious
I like this idea.

Otogicco
10.28.2012 , 02:12 PM | #23
/signed
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxumus View Post
I'd like to see an 'ignore legacy' option. I have had a couple people who after being ignored switch to an alt to continue the harassment. Gets to be obnoxious
Quote: Originally Posted by Schwerpunkt View Post
I'm surprised that the devs didn't think of including a legacy ignore from the get go. It seems blatantly obvious to me that if someone feels it is necessary to ignore a player on character "a" that their opinion about the player being ignored isn't going to change just because he's switched to character "b", "c", "d", or "e".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote: Originally Posted by RSLeMire View Post
Seriously guys get over yourselves and your delicate sensibilities. Ignore is plenty good... I could only ask that they give us the ability to have a longer list, not that I need it as I only have like three on my list. You have to be really annoying with r tard spam to get on my ignore list. If you are so easily offended you should not be playing anything online that includes the general public... furthermore I submit that if you are able to be offended by another humans words then you are weak and deserve no say in anything of any import.
Well hopefully you never have to experience the kind of players that make you wish there were better ignore options. Not everyone is so lucky and delicate sensibilities have nothing to do with it. My ignore list only has a couple of people on it but it has multiple names because it's the same people using different alts (and some delete the ignored character and make a new one to harrass with).
They could make it so that you could choose between ignoring just the character or their whole Legacy for the people that don't like the idea.
50~Sage(L)/Shadow(D)/Scoundrel(L)
400~Artifice/Synthweaving/Cybertech/Armormech/Armstech
Created 01.10 started 03.12

Scorpassailant
10.28.2012 , 02:16 PM | #24
Bioware should take up the way facebook handles ignoring someone else where if you ignore someone they can't see you or anything related to you and vice versa.

Ognajd
10.28.2012 , 02:46 PM | #25
How the heck does invisible change anything? Seems like a stupid idea. If the harassment gets that bad you should be opening a ticket and taking screen shots. I doubt Bioware takes kindly to this type of alt harassment... provided they respond to the ticket. But this notion of making them invisible, what the heck does that accomplish?

mavsynchroid
10.28.2012 , 05:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
dude as long as he has 1 empty slot he can do a lvl 1 toon pm offensive words to you, delete it always new name then repeat the process forever, I`m for that legacy ignore
I just can't see somebody going to the extent of harassing a person like this UNLESS the person was giving them just as much crap back, then went with the "Ignored" message in genny chat. We've all seen it before.

No one just harasses someone on different alts for no reason. My suggestion is to grow up and deal.

Brat-a-tat-
10.28.2012 , 06:57 PM | #27
Quote:
I'm surprised that the devs didn't think of including a legacy ignore from the get go. It seems blatantly obvious to me that if someone feels it is necessary to ignore a player on character "a" that their opinion about the player being ignored isn't going to change just because he's switched to character "b", "c", "d", or "e".
If they did decide to make the ignore list a legacy ignore they could use the same type of programming to make the friends list across toons and legacy friend. I know my friends list is full and most of them are alts of a hand full of people. I would love if the ignore and friends options would become both legacy wide for the person friending/ignoring and the person being friended/ignored

Kalabakk
10.29.2012 , 11:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mavsynchroid View Post
I just can't see somebody going to the extent of harassing a person like this UNLESS the person was giving them just as much crap back, then went with the "Ignored" message in genny chat. We've all seen it before.

No one just harasses someone on different alts for no reason. My suggestion is to grow up and deal.
You have apparently never experienced the dedicated griefers (plenty of other games have them, and I'm sure they'll hit TOR when it goes free-to-play). Their sole purpose is to annoy people in any way possible for no particular reason other than to be jerks. You would be amazed at the lengths they go through to find ways to annoy people. They will pick out someone just standing around minding their own business and start pestering them.

CommunitySupport
10.29.2012 , 11:32 AM | #29
Hello! We appreciate your desire to discuss this topic, but do not allow petition threads on the forums, as they tend to generate lots of "spam" replites. Feel free to post your idea as a suggestion in our suggestion box: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349. Thanks!