Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition: Make Ignore BETTER!

Ubuu
10.27.2012 , 05:55 PM | #1
Folks say use /ignore is someone is harrasing. But that doesnt help if the harrasment is more than words. So...I petition to have Ignore improved, and make that person invisible as well.

/sign

scullzomben
10.27.2012 , 06:06 PM | #2
Usually I would call this out of this world nanny state baby-ing, but considering that the CSR team refuse to rename a certain person on my server, who has a name in a different language that basically translates to a very offensive version of the word prostitute, I can agree with this.

I'd like to see how long I would last on a German or French server with some offensive names in English

Maxumus
10.27.2012 , 06:09 PM | #3
I'd like to see an 'ignore legacy' option. I have had a couple people who after being ignored switch to an alt to continue the harassment. Gets to be obnoxious

TheNahash
10.27.2012 , 06:10 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxumus View Post
I'd like to see an 'ignore legacy' option. I have had a couple people who after being ignored switch to an alt to continue the harassment. Gets to be obnoxious
Well, they will eventually run out of alts for you to ignore anyway

Ubuu
10.27.2012 , 06:12 PM | #5
my reasoning behind this is because apparently they have almost no staff in the CS dept anymore. Myself, along with many others on the CS forum have tickets that have been open for more than a week. I dunno if this option is even possible to add to the game but it'd be a great solution.

MidichIorian
10.27.2012 , 06:27 PM | #6
First, "harrasment more than words"? What exactly are we talking about here?

On another note, yeah what is up with CS? I've had several tickets hanging now for 1-2 months, all revolve around lost BH comms. I remember a time when I could have CS in in-game chat ten minutes after that I had sent the ticket.

iDraxter
10.27.2012 , 06:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Well, they will eventually run out of alts for you to ignore anyway
dude as long as he has 1 empty slot he can do a lvl 1 toon pm offensive words to you, delete it always new name then repeat the process forever, I`m for that legacy ignore
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

RSLeMire
10.27.2012 , 06:44 PM | #8
Seriously guys get over yourselves and your delicate sensibilities. Ignore is plenty good... I could only ask that they give us the ability to have a longer list, not that I need it as I only have like three on my list. You have to be really annoying with r tard spam to get on my ignore list. If you are so easily offended you should not be playing anything online that includes the general public... furthermore I submit that if you are able to be offended by another humans words then you are weak and deserve no say in anything of any import.
"Whatever our fate, let us meet it as Jedi."

Ubuu
10.27.2012 , 06:59 PM | #9
Simply put, disruptive behavior is against the "rules". My guild plays on a RP server because we are a RP guild and we do RP events and having other players deliberitly trying to ruin our fun is unacceptable.

Dancing, dueling etc while standing on top of a person speaking at a RP event on a RP server is just not right

Suzina
10.27.2012 , 07:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ubuu View Post
Folks say use /ignore is someone is harrasing. But that doesnt help if the harrasment is more than words. So...I petition to have Ignore improved, and make that person invisible as well.

/sign
I agree ignore should be better. Typing /emote" F U bro" makes ignore a poor tool for harrassment. Invisible is too far, but it should blank your char name.
Member of Bane Fleet