Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga
10.27.2012 , 12:33 AM | #1
This was suggested a while back, but I really like the idea of Legacy wide datacrons.

It could work 1 of 2 ways:
A) Cartel Shop sells the ability to make datacrons legacy wide (500 CC, 1000 CC whatever)
B) Legacy Perk

Example: If you were a level 16 Republic and had gotten all the Ord Mantel, Tython and Coruscant datacrons on other characters, you would gain access to the datacron codex entries and stat benefit as soon as you reached the max level of the planet. So hitting 50 would give you all the Illum ones, 49 all the Corellia ones and so on and so forth.

Obviously faction specific datacrons would have to be taken into consideration as otherwise someone could have more than the correct amount of datacrons.

I really think this would be a huge benefit as I have gotten 60 datacrons on my main and am working on getting the remaining 7, and really really really really don't want to do this for a 2nd character, and third character and so on.

Please take this into consideration,
yours truly,
AshlaBoga

P.S: My fellow forum goers, please keep this bumped so BW can see how interested we are in this feature.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Troezar
10.27.2012 , 12:48 AM | #2
Absolutely and totally agree. I would pay cold hard cash for this! I presume the system would look across all chars and just count unique instances of datacrons? I.e. if my BH had 20 of them and my Sniper had 15 different ones all my chars would get access to 35 datacrons

seektravota
10.27.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
totally agree, there's no reason to bring a 2nd character through the ordeal of going through all the datacons if you have your first already have them.

Mcadamsl
10.27.2012 , 06:04 AM | #4
agreed, you could fairly easily link all the non shared datacrons if it was really felt to be game breaking,

AshlaBoga
10.28.2012 , 01:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by seektravota View Post
totally agree, there's no reason to bring a 2nd character through the ordeal of going through all the datacons if you have your first already have them.
Especially ones like the Belsavis Green Matrix Shard. BW, go do that on 12 characters and tell me it was "fun."

TheSeventhJedi
10.28.2012 , 09:04 AM | #6
After how long it took me to get the cron on the fleet, I'll never hunt for them again. I have every single one on my main, and I think they should apply to all my toons. Please?

It'd be kinda cool to give us the ability to link our codices as well. Certain unlocks are hard to find or out of the way, others are class specific, and it'd be interesting to have them all in one spot for those who want to. (Definitely make it a toggle though.)
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

AshlaBoga
10.28.2012 , 01:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
After how long it took me to get the cron on the fleet, I'll never hunt for them again. I have every single one on my main, and I think they should apply to all my toons. Please?

It'd be kinda cool to give us the ability to link our codices as well. Certain unlocks are hard to find or out of the way, others are class specific, and it'd be interesting to have them all in one spot for those who want to. (Definitely make it a toggle though.)
Only issue with "all my toons" is that some are faction specific. Those should be applied only to same faction alts.

Kudos to getting 67/67 on your main. I'm still only at 61/67 (I suck at platforming).

AelixVII
10.28.2012 , 02:02 PM | #8
Yes please. This would give me the enthusiasm to actually finish getting all of them and stop me feeling irked about the fact I have some on some characters and not others,

Sippix
10.28.2012 , 02:08 PM | #9
I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.
Mayhem Legacy
Jugg_Karatê Guard_C'mon-seriously Sorc_Hawt-dawts Sage_Snüggle
Op_Mcstabbs Scoundrel_Hawt-shawt Mara_Bönerfärt Sent_Feelings
PT_T-wrexx Sniper_Lazorbeemz Merc_Trüst Sin_Kung-fü

jumay
10.28.2012 , 02:10 PM | #10
I totally agree with this. I have all of the datacrons on my main. On my other 3 50's, I am missing a few here and there. I just haven't had the desire to do the Mario jumps on them yet.