Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the staus on Same-Sex Romances?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's the staus on Same-Sex Romances?

ObiJuanShenobi
10.28.2012 , 08:00 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
it's also a few people who want better space combat and more warzones; it's a few people who want more playable races and a few people who want more classes; it's a few people who want different clothes and a few people who want different voices for their characters... a few people who want more operations, a few people who want other planets, a few people who want faster speeder and a few people who want weather changes...
Wow, you're really reaching here.

Saying that just "a few" people want the features you just listed is completely laughable. Nearly every poster on these forums have screamed for all of this stuff. There are multitudes more threads about better space combat, wz's, playable races, ops than there are about Same Sex Romance that stretch on for pages and pages. Want proof? Utilize the search bar....or better yet, pay attention to the threads that pop up every day on here. I support the fact that you want this feature and hope you eventually get it in due process once more important game-breaking issues have been fixed, but don't completely lie like that just to suit your own argument, kid.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Brool
10.28.2012 , 08:26 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Yes, because BW saying "This feature is coming" countless times isn't good enough for you people. You are like a bunch of children, how many times do you have to be told it will happen before you accept the fact that its coming? Oh that's right.... til the day it happens. Til then, you will just create a hundred threads about it instead of using one just to be obnoxious.
Just like the people asking about more warzones or world pvp or more raids... blah blah blah.

How bout you just pass over the thread and ignore it since it doesnt apply to you?
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Darth_Rathus
10.28.2012 , 08:44 AM | #143
Yes, because BW saying "This feature is coming" countless times isn't good enough for you people. You are like a bunch of children, how many times do you have to be told it will happen before you accept the fact that its coming? Oh that's right.... til the day it happens. Til then, you will just create a hundred threads about it instead of using one just to be obnoxious.
^ this ^

/thread

Varkantos
10.28.2012 , 10:15 AM | #144
This broken game has so many issues, and this is what you have a problem with?

Chaac
10.28.2012 , 10:47 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Varkantos View Post
This broken game has so many issues, and this is what you have a problem with?
Yep, 'cus this is the content I personally am interested in.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Uluain
10.28.2012 , 12:29 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Samiel View Post
I mean Heaven's they are only just getting to implement HK-51 next month, and we've all been waiting how long for that?
Less than six months. HK-51 was announced July 16. If we get 1.5 in the next week or two, that will be about three and a half months since the announcement. And people were making threads every patch to ask about him. And those threads weren't locked, nor were they trolled by hostile players.

And in fact, we have been given a ballpark figure for the inclusion of same-gender companion romance, from former lead writer Damiel Erickson at the Guild Summit last March. We were told the content will come this year. Now, that is over seven months without a word, going on eight.

A lot has happened since then, both in the studio and in the direction of the game. Development times are necessarily elastic and plans do change. So asking if we are still on track for this year, or whether that content is, as was rumored, coming with Makeb, seems reasonable to me.

And if the original poster never knew there was a dedicated thread in Story and Lore to asking, then it is valid for him to ask here. And if that thread, which has been running for ten months, over seventy-five hundred posts and half a million views, has never gotten a response, I think that even those of us who know quite well that is is there can be excused for feeling that posting to a thread in General Discussion is apt to be more productive.

Uluain
10.28.2012 , 12:49 PM | #147
I guess you are another person who either didn't get the countless "Its coming" memos, or just can't accept that its coming til it happens.
Countless? Two is countless?

That's as many times as BioWare has officially issued any statement on this content. The original announcement is the stock response. It is over a year old, dating from before launch, stating the position in language that speaks of game launch as a future event, and was written by a man who left the studio five months ago.

I think we can be forgiven for wanting a status update that we don't have to blow dust off of.

DarthRamette
10.28.2012 , 07:02 PM | #148
Perhaps there have been no official announcements because there is nothing to announce. While they said they will put it in, perhaps they don't know when or they thought x patch/expansion would be it but turned out to not be. If they came out and said we don't know would that be ok or would most asking for this say it's not enough.

amnie
10.28.2012 , 07:34 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Perhaps there have been no official announcements because there is nothing to announce. While they said they will put it in, perhaps they don't know when or they thought x patch/expansion would be it but turned out to not be. If they came out and said we don't know would that be ok or would most asking for this say it's not enough.
it would be more ok than keeping people in the dark, yes. would I be upset if I heard 'we don't know' instead of 'it's coming soon'? of course.... obviously we all want what is important to us asap. who doesn't?

but I can only stretch it so much: even IF it's coming with Makeb, that means I will 'forgive' them for including other sex romance but not same sex romance - but I won't forget it.

this is a bioware game. certain things you just expect when you've been a fan of the company for more than 10 years. (and damn, there has been a lot to forgive in the last few years)

but yes, I agree with what someone else said a few pages back: you can't blame this on EA, either. the sims is one of the best selling game series ever, if not .the. best selling (I honestly don't know the numbers)

Sindorin
10.28.2012 , 08:02 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by GregSJ View Post
It was announced at the beginning of the year, that we would actually see the implementation of same sex romance options in TOR. At the time it was a hot topic and evoked a lot of discussion all over the place. Since then I've heard absolutely nothing more about it, besides the occasional speculation and the long outdated comment that it's coming down the pipe. It's almost the end of the year and we have not heard or seen anything substantial in regards to this promised addition. To be honest this is the one big addition I've been waiting for, and it would help if I could find any recent piece of information regarding it. Any information on where they are with this; are they even working on it? Or has Bioware just randomly shelved the idea after all the hype?
Nobody. Cares. Not. Important.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!