Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bring Back OLD Charged Burst Sound

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Bring Back OLD Charged Burst Sound

TapVallian
11.20.2012 , 03:03 AM | #11
Its just sad that this hasn't been fixed yet. Sadder still that some people think it was a change made on purpose.

Not long after it happened it had been noted that it was "brought to their attention". It was acknowledged that they were looking into it and would supposedly fix it. If it had been on purpose, they would have just said so. Plus it would have been in the patch notes.

Khrell
11.25.2012 , 08:29 AM | #12
New sound sounds like i'm firing off a pea shooter vs the kewl dual glock cannons i used to pack.. Bring back the old sound please!

macumba
11.25.2012 , 09:42 AM | #13
well I now found out why this happened. it's not the sound that sucks it's the weapons.
charged burst had it's own sound no matter which weapon you took. now it has the sound of the weapon.
(similar to commandos where you hear the sound of the weapon using full auto)

only difference is. commando's have at least 2 awesome sounding weapons (the 34 pvp weapon and the reward for finishing act1 of the class story)

now here's the trick. they added 1 weapon with a sound that (at least) does not suck so hard.
it's the " Black Nebula Heavy Blaster " a cartel item!!!!! they are actually ripping us off here.
it does not sound as awesome as the old charged burst but at least it doesn't hurt my ears.

thanks a lot, what's next ? change all armor color to pink except cartel armor ??

I am so mad right now
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Stenrik
11.25.2012 , 08:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
well I now found out why this happened. it's not the sound that sucks it's the weapons.
charged burst had it's own sound no matter which weapon you took. now it has the sound of the weapon.
(similar to commandos where you hear the sound of the weapon using full auto)

only difference is. commando's have at least 2 awesome sounding weapons (the 34 pvp weapon and the reward for finishing act1 of the class story)

now here's the trick. they added 1 weapon with a sound that (at least) does not suck so hard.
it's the " Black Nebula Heavy Blaster " a cartel item!!!!! they are actually ripping us off here.
it does not sound as awesome as the old charged burst but at least it doesn't hurt my ears.

thanks a lot, what's next ? change all armor color to pink except cartel armor ??

I am so mad right now
Wow if that's really what they're angling at, that's REALLY low... I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt on this (since they haven't said anything about it) but... it's hard.

macumba
11.26.2012 , 02:29 AM | #15
best thing is, you can't even buy it, you need to gamble it through cartel packs with no guarantee it will be in there.
here is the report of someone who burned 240$ on cartel packs. he did not want the blaster (but he did not get it either, I think you get the picture)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556793
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

jedip_enguin
11.27.2012 , 03:18 PM | #16
Anybody know if todays patch fixed this? CBA to log on to find out.
I like big referrals and I cannot lie - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Andge
12.02.2012 , 04:46 PM | #17
I agreed the old sound in itself sounded cool. But I still prefer the new sound; with the old sounds, you had one sound for Flurry of Bolts, another for Charged Burst, a third for Aimed Shot, a fourth for Powershot (or Overload or whatever it's called) and a freaking fifth sound for the fatality-only-below-30%-in-health shot. It made me feel like is was not a gunslinger. Now, where at least Flurry of Bolts, Charged Burst and Powershot/Overload sounds alike, I feel like I am a gunslinger with his blasters blazing non-stop.
Before I felt more like a tech-champ/prototype guy with weird proto-type blasters that sounded different every time I used them.

midianlord
12.24.2012 , 01:47 PM | #18
I want my "DAKKA-DAKKA-DAKKA!!"back, dammit