Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Deathmark bug (fraps'd)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
The Deathmark bug (fraps'd)

veyl
10.26.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1
I know this has been mentioned before but it's still not fixed.

When a group has a Sorc // Assassin in it that are madness (non madness sorc affliction also does this) and they apply the Deathmark debuff onto a mob, one affliction will eat 1 stack from EACH deathmark.

In this FRAPS, (( Have to put it into HD to really see the numbers... sorry for that, I'm still working on my encoding stuff)) Both me and my assassin guildmate placed deathfield on a mob which applied two deathmarks(10) as it should. I then held the mob and put one Affliction. You can watch both stacks of deathmark have that ONE tick of affliction subtract from both of it.

I then put a creeping terror on the mob and the number then jumped down by 2. (From 7 to 5 to 3 etc).

If groups are running with a DPS sorc // Assassin, this obviously hurts both of their DPS numbers. Instead of getting 10 ticks from their own dots at 20% extra damage, they are only getting 2 ticks. (IF both have at minimum 5 dots up). the 8 ticks that should be amplified dot damage is erased.

TheNahash
10.26.2012 , 07:10 PM | #2
Although I agree with you that it shouldn't work like that, I'm pretty sure it's not a bug. After all it's been there since the very start. I think they actually intended it to work that way. I have no idea why they'd think that's a good idea considering Deathfield has 10 charges, but they might've thought it would synergize in a way that would make having both a sorc and an assassin when running Ops or HM FPs better (?)... somehow...

veyl
10.26.2012 , 10:34 PM | #3
The tooltip is very specific for deathmark and says "YOUR DOTS" IE, the person casting their own dots...If that's the case then why is my Affliction taking away from the Assassins death mark? It's not his dot at all yet it still burns the charge. Also: If a sorcerer is spec'd lightning and throws his affliction into the mix, it also takes away a charge. For someone that isn't even spec'd into Madness, he REALLY shouldn't be eating it.

It's absolutely not working as intended.

LilTsar
10.27.2012 , 12:54 AM | #4
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

veyl
10.28.2012 , 05:48 PM | #5
Any dev response on this would be appreciated.

MidichIorian
10.29.2012 , 09:16 PM | #6
Also, I think that we, individually, should be able to stack >10. I'm frequently in situations where I will throw a second death field despite that the deathmark from the first one havent been used up but it still caps at 10.

wainot-keel
10.31.2012 , 11:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Also, I think that we, individually, should be able to stack >10. I'm frequently in situations where I will throw a second death field despite that the deathmark from the first one havent been used up but it still caps at 10.
Well, I think it's part of your job to keep track of these things. I think all the other DoT classes have the same "problem". Also healers and their HoTs. You refresh stuff before they expire, and you're losing resources and dps/heals. That said, the UI on target could/should be more helpful, maybe offering the choice of filtering stuff that's not yours, or making yours more distinguishable

But back to the topic. What about the damage ? Do we know if the bonus damage 20% or 40% when 2 charges are being used up ? If it's the latter, then probably is not that bad, probably a good thing if the Affliction "ticking" is the stronger one...

TheNahash
10.31.2012 , 04:37 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Well, I think it's part of your job to keep track of these things. I think all the other DoT classes have the same "problem". Also healers and their HoTs. You refresh stuff before they expire, and you're losing resources and dps/heals. That said, the UI on target could/should be more helpful, maybe offering the choice of filtering stuff that's not yours, or making yours more distinguishable

But back to the topic. What about the damage ? Do we know if the bonus damage 20% or 40% when 2 charges are being used up ? If it's the latter, then probably is not that bad, probably a good thing if the Affliction "ticking" is the stronger one...
Wainot-keel is right MidichIorian. You must be doing something wrong because the only way the 10 stacks are not finished by the time your Deathfield is off cd, is if you're messing up your rotation.

As for your question wainot-keel, I'm almost sure what you're describing isn't happening. I've never seen my DPS go up whenever there's another Madness sorc in the raid and if what you are saying were true there would be some significant increase. The only way I can think you can benefit from another madness sorc if you are a madness sorc too is that your dots will continue ticking harder even after your deathfield's stacks are finished, by eating up stacks from the other sorc's deathfield.