Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

rmitchell
11.04.2012 , 08:39 PM | #61
Quote:
ryere has done a very good job of utilizing a darkness-heavy spec with darkswell in the pit.
im famous

ill say the down fall of the spec is that it is lacking for node guarding etc for rateds as all u basically do is stall till you have a rotater come in to help out, but if u know how to kite as a sin, you will never lose a node.
RYRE -> Ryere
Nadd's Sarcophagus -> The Bastion
The grand legacy of delicious breads
<Hey Im Nostrum>

Stealios
11.04.2012 , 09:37 PM | #62
Been playing this 'Wakajinn' spec for about a week now and I truly love it.

Burst is still really good and 30m deathfield makes interrupting caps easier as well.
Amazing for stealthcapping a node, good for defending and if i do end up in a long skirmish I find i can keep up with most other dps (apart from the lolsmash spec).

Not sure what kind of numbers other people are pulling off, but on average my dmg is between 300k-700k with dps between 400-900

EatenByDistance
11.05.2012 , 01:28 AM | #63
First notable update to guide made. Changelog at bottom of OP for details.

Finally got around to making an armory, so here's my gear in all of its pointlessly grindy glory: https://swtor.askmrrobot.com/charact...0-87629819264a

After I finish up with the myriad of exams I have this week I will be looking to make another large content update. I am considering adding a section on in-depth dueling (since I like dueling way more than warzones anyways). Also would like to do something with videos/stream but internet/hardware limitations may foil that plan.

May also be a hypocrite and add some of the "basics" of assassins such as descriptions of each ability/talent and stuff. The resources for that stuff are already out there but for the sake of completion I might do it anyways. We'll see.

If there's anything you'd like to see me add to the guide that couldn't be answered in a brief reply please tell me here and I'll consider working it into my second big update.

p.s. thanks for all the feedback thus far it is greatly appreciated and motivates me to continue working on this guide
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Xethis
11.05.2012 , 06:15 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
To get Death Field you give up 6-9% AP and voltaic Slash + its 30% damage increase, which is very important for critical hit shocks.

I really would advise running 3/31/7. Maul hits harder and will hit for over 5k consistently if you give it 9% AP.
9% AP is no where near 30% damage increase, I have no idea where you are getting this from. Our Insulation talent gives us a 30% increase to armor and that only mitigates another 4% damage. 9% armor is barely over 1% damage. Even on the most heavily geared opponents your only looking at 2% damage increase.

RankorSSGS
11.05.2012 , 07:20 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
9% AP is no where near 30% damage increase, I have no idea where you are getting this from. Our Insulation talent gives us a 30% increase to armor and that only mitigates another 4% damage. 9% armor is barely over 1% damage. Even on the most heavily geared opponents your only looking at 2% damage increase.
I'm pretty sure he meant the 30% boost to shock from 2 Voltaic stacks, which Wakajinn also gives up. But Deathfield is still more than worth it.
Vesharia, Zannßh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Rynis
11.05.2012 , 11:35 PM | #66
Very nice write up Waka!

But don't be giving away too many of our secrets now
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

Himeji_Endless
11.06.2012 , 10:41 PM | #67
Wakalord - im a fellow bastion player and ran into you a few times at Outlaw's Den on my shadow ... thanks for writing and sharing and most of all, telling it straight so people can TRY to understand and let go of their sometimes deluded beliefs.

I like how you give counters to different AC moves that we're gonna face and talk from an advanced pvp view on what really works and what doesn't as for me, im no where close and its good to know what direction im heading in.

i started w/ the 31/0/10 tank build and currently enjoy playing the 23/1/17 hybrid and will give the wakajinn build a try as well. Would you be able to add possibly specific things that medium level Sins/shadows can do to improve their game to get to higher proficiency as far as tactics and group gameplay? I know you covered the build and gear but sometimes little tips and tricks can make the difference in taking a good player and making him into a great one.

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

EatenByDistance
11.07.2012 , 12:46 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Himeji_Endless View Post
Would you be able to add possibly specific things that medium level Sins/shadows can do to improve their game to get to higher proficiency as far as tactics and group gameplay? I know you covered the build and gear but sometimes little tips and tricks can make the difference in taking a good player and making him into a great one.
Yeah I've had a change of heart and I've decided to elaborate a lot more general tips for playing assassin/pvp in general. Will be fairly in-depth and I'm not done writing the stuff yet but it will definitely be part of the next major update. Don't know how generic I will get with the information as I mainly want this guide to pertain to the assassin AC but if people want it I'll do it.

so yeah, will be doing this soon.
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Himeji_Endless
11.07.2012 , 01:10 PM | #69
Ty ty! sometimes im on my sniper Cero when i message you so just a heads up its me :P

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

William_Smith
11.07.2012 , 09:21 PM | #70
Thank you for putting this together. I still need help gearing out but this build suites my style of play so much I have had tons of success with it.
Valor 70+
Light Side V Title and Speeder | Dark Side V Title and Speeder
All Companions 10,000/10,000 Affection Including HK-51