Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance
02.21.2013 , 02:08 AM | #271
k couldn't go sleep before I figured something out

0/29/17 is currently my favorite dps build. It's basically Mad Maul / Wakajinn 2.0.....You get Low Slash, bonus crit damage on Shock/Discharge, Entropic Field DR and big maul damage....So that's the awesome stuff you get from current live builds.

Meanwhile in Madness you get Lightning Discharge (yes you run Lightning Charge) and spec into Raze, which is the only real difference from the current Wakakjinn build.

My thought process is this: Surging Discharge is pretty much the worst thing in the game right now....Instant cast Crushing Darkness basically replaces it with similar damage on a lower cooldown. Thanks to the surge bonus on Lightning Discharge dots (thanks to Deception tree) and the fact that Maul/Shock still hit hard in this spec.

Only real issue I can see is the force cost of Shock (I still wanna use it on CD)

I can't test this in wzs too seriously due to the retarded take armor on/off and have 100k+ hp and mainstats. But I do think this spec may work since it more or less works the same as Wakajinn does on live.

Here's hoping
Wakalord
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

RankorSSGS
02.21.2013 , 02:59 AM | #272
The 50% boost from Crackling Blasts applying to the Lightning Charge DoT... yea I could see that working. Need. To. Get. On. PTS!!!!!

EatenByDistance
02.21.2013 , 03:09 AM | #273
p.s. only thing you lose out on over full deception is maul proc on low slash/spike on a seperate rate limit. If this proc was something like a better crit chance I'd like it but meh. Though Maul is our hardest hitting ability it can be very difficult to pull off in serious rwzs consistently. If I could keep the proc in addition to death field/a good discharge I would. But I don't think it's worth losing out on Death Field for another Maul and the useless Surging Discharge. Consider Raze a bonus.

Ok I sleep now
Wakalord
Watch my stream!
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Calvin_Mago
02.21.2013 , 03:12 AM | #274
I'm still waiting for the PTS patch to finish downloading, but I have also been planning to go hybrid lightning (from WJ) since I saw the initial datamine. When I was testing mad maul, I found that losing the upfront burst from using a global on lightning discharge hurt my effectiveness relative to WJ, even with hitting raze as soon as it proc'd.

Hopefully, the extra damage from crackling blasts makes up somewhat for it. However, losing insta-whirlwind is a painful surprise.

As for force management, just switch your gear to the 4 piece PVE force mystic, considering you only need 2 recklessness charges now instead of the third for discharge.
Suul'ton - Suul
<Seraphic Nexus>

cycao
02.21.2013 , 07:00 AM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by Calvin_Mago View Post
As for force management, just switch your gear to the 4 piece PVE force mystic, considering you only need 2 recklessness charges now instead of the third for discharge.
Well if I understand the new set up all set bonuses are now in the armorings and no longer tied to the shell which sucks because I have two PvE set bonuses that I liked to use. It took forever to download the pts last night so now I have 9 hours of work to sit through before I get to test anything.

Calvin_Mago
02.21.2013 , 09:34 AM | #276
Finally got on the PTS, and based on my limited test, 0/33/13 (or 0/31/15) in surging charge was decent. At least between insta-gibbs from 40k saber throws.

It runs like Wakajinn except you use low slash-> impose weakness maul in place of discharge, and save discharge as a finisher/filler. Will need to test some more though, as there are too many gamebreaking bugs running on the PTS now.
Suul'ton - Suul
<Seraphic Nexus>

EatenByDistance
02.21.2013 , 10:12 AM | #277
So on a brief second test, Wakajinn (go high enough up for second Maul rate limit) and the usual stuff in Madness should still work. In theory you're technically replacing immediate Surging Discharge Discharge for an on-demand maul proc. I still hate the Surging changes and consider it a nerf but I was probably overreacting when I called it unsalvagable.

I still think full deception is godawful

That said, I still consider it a pretty sizable nerf and compared to the amazing stuff other dps classes have gotten (lightning sorcs and all snipers are just out of control now) I still think we're in a pretty bad spot
Wakalord
Watch my stream!

Okema
02.21.2013 , 10:49 AM | #278
Ohh on another good news, tank assassin got their armor reduced by 20%....

And exactly as Waka said the problems I see are not so much the changes made to Assassins (some of them are actually pretty cool), but the changes that have been made overall and to other classes.

DemonJin
02.21.2013 , 07:06 PM | #279
So im very much an avid full deception player, and was thinking about it how will being full deception be any good. Then i thought bout the surging charge effect and how they changed VS. So my thought was in order to make this spec work your gonna have to play along with how VS works now. So i came up with 8/36/2 picking up thrashing blades, charged mastery and electric execution (now when fully talented buffs 18% vice 9%) in darkness and putting the remaining 2 in exploitative strikes in madness. Now making the surging charge hit even more, plus at a faster rate with being full deception.Thoughts?
Krow | Karasu
Sin/Shadow
Karasu Champion of the Shadows

RankorSSGS
02.21.2013 , 07:21 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonJin View Post
So im very much an avid full deception player, and was thinking about it how will being full deception be any good. Then i thought bout the surging charge effect and how they changed VS. So my thought was in order to make this spec work your gonna have to play along with how VS works now. So i came up with 8/36/2 picking up thrashing blades, charged mastery and electric execution (now when fully talented buffs 18% vice 9%) in darkness and putting the remaining 2 in exploitative strikes in madness. Now making the surging charge hit even more, plus at a faster rate with being full deception.Thoughts?
I would probably go 5/36/5 if I were to play full Deception, better force management and extra 3% melee crit seems far better than what is it 18% more on Surging Charge procs.