Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

DemonJin
02.20.2013 , 09:38 PM | #261
i dont feel the wakajinn spec will take much of a hit, maybe not even full deception, who knows. right now this is all theorycrafting till ppl like waka, arika and myself come back with some hard evidense. We will keep you updated.
Krow | Karasu
Sin/Shadow
Karasu Champion of the Shadows

DemonJin
02.20.2013 , 09:56 PM | #262
kinda thinking about this while i wait for pts to download, with the nerf to discharge, will going full deception be only way to keep the static charges coming in fast since now we depend on those to even use discharge, at least as regularly as we do now. By the time i have discharge back, i tend to have 4-5 stacks of static already waiting. So im thinking going wakajinn, discharge could take a hit depending on how fast or slow we get those static charges, both in dmg and how often we can use it
Krow | Karasu
Sin/Shadow
Karasu Champion of the Shadows

Cowflab
02.20.2013 , 10:15 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonJin View Post
with the patch notes for 2.0 out, i would have to say that wakajinn spec will be vastly superior to full deception due to VS redesign. I'll be sure to test out the dmg output to the new VS once it goes live. But id wager that wakajinn will come out on top for sure this time

what are your guys thoughts
With the port ability I'm thinking madness will see a decent improvement in survivability. It will play a lot like an unholy dk from wow with a warlock port.
"I fear no evil. The shadow is mine and so is the valley."

-Seal of Honor

EatenByDistance
02.20.2013 , 10:23 PM | #264
day one analysis:

every assassin spec sans full darkness nerfed horribly

deception/any attempted version of wakajinn is nearly unplayable

full darkness most usable, only because it was changed the least.

wow surging discharge is useless lol let's compensate by also removing VS shock damage buff ya ok why not

sorcs and gunslingers are godlike op
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Celsus
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

Xethis
02.20.2013 , 10:40 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
day one analysis:

every assassin spec sans full darkness nerfed horribly

deception/any attempted version of wakajinn is nearly unplayable

full darkness most usable, only because it was changed the least.

wow surging discharge is useless lol let's compensate by also removing VS shock damage buff ya ok why not

sorcs and gunslingers are godlike op
Damn, just damn.

I was having actual fun with my Wakajinn spec regardless if I was winning or losing. I am sad to see that they nerfed the opening burst of this spec. The thing that I hated most about the Assassin was it seemed that every spec had all this damn set up, I was excited when Wakajinn was introduced because it aloud me to play my Sin "Setup" free. I hope there is a sexy hybrid that we will be able to find at 55, a diamond in the rough if you will. I am downloading ptr now so if I see something hopeful I will post about it.

Hey Waka, can you give some insight on the new Phase Walk ability, description is pretty vague and my patch is taking forever.

Okema
02.20.2013 , 10:41 PM | #266
You forgot to mention the smashers who seem to have gotten a buff to their overall damage output and new op defensive abilities.

About phase walk:
Seems to be a kinda funny ability to play around with and do the occasional emergency interrupt or go to the goal line in Huttball quick, but imo it isn't in any way OP. The AoE is visable on the floor (so even if you do emergency interrupts with it, a clever team will find ways to counter-attack) and what is the gain in teleporting yourself out of a fight? You'd probably be better off timing the respwan on the door with your death, as you'll come out with full health and force, rather than teleporting yourself out with 30% health left and shuting yourself off a fight for x-amount of seconds.

The ability is kinda nice for full darkness though, as it increases the healing of your teammates when they stand in the Aoe.

They should have give the dps trees more team-utility and not like an ability that seem to look just shiny on the outside.

EatenByDistance
02.20.2013 , 10:54 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
Hey Waka, can you give some insight on the new Phase Walk ability, description is pretty vague and my patch is taking forever.
It can be used while controlled, has a 1.5 channel to put the mark down (instant with a short delay to teleport back). If you use it when you have the Huttball it resets.

So it's good for node guarding as you can sit halfway from the node if you need to reinforce or w\e. It also makes the threat of being sap capped by a enemy assassin a lot scarier.

For DPS sins its a great escape that we apparently needed to be "on the same level" with current live-build marauders. But given how every assassin dps spec was gutted it doesn't make up for it.

I'm still trying to work it out and salvage this but right now its horrid. Having a lot of fun on my retard OP lightning sorc atm tho.
Watch my stream!
Nobody will get banned. Being a sub is like being white in the 60's, you're untouchable.

RankorSSGS
02.20.2013 , 10:58 PM | #268
Hopefully I'll be able to get on the pts tomorrow, but if its even half as bad as waka says, my 2 mains will both be completely abandoned. I don't play this class to tank. Hell, I'll probably just unsub and leave this game behind, like I probably should have done forever ago.

EatenByDistance
02.20.2013 , 11:01 PM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to get on the pts tomorrow, but if its even half as bad as waka says, my 2 mains will both be completely abandoned. I don't play this class to tank. Hell, I'll probably just unsub and leave this game behind, like I probably should have done forever ago.
I will be making a post on the PTS, probably sometime this weekend, if I can't find a solution here. If things aren't changed and I grow tired of my Sorc I will unsub when the patch goes live and go back to playing StarCraft.

Currently thinking of possible changes and the like. Will be posting in pts forum soon.
Watch my stream!

RankorSSGS
02.21.2013 , 01:37 AM | #270
http://www.twitch.tv/bastian772

Looks like there might be hope yet