Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

EatenByDistance's Avatar


EatenByDistance
02.15.2013 , 04:14 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Amonkiratainted View Post
What do you suggest to get first, when gearing into EWH? Atm, I got full WH, with EWH earpiece (all full augmented so that the augs can be stripped once I got the EWH)
the biggest differences from WH to EWH are the armorings and relics, since the overall stat increases from those are actually quite notable in comparison to mods/enhancements.

I'd go in this order:

EWH Relics
EWH Hilts/Offhand armoring (for the force power. While getting these first might give an increase in damage over relics first or whatever they're so damn expensive you might as well get the similarly good but much cheaper EWH relics first...If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)
EWH Armorings (If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)
EWH Implants (if applicable)
EWH Mods
EWH Enhancements
EWH Earpiece (+1 power for dps sets lol save this for last)

Yes, buy mods from bracers as it is the cheapest, just make sure you get the armorings (and the potentially good mods that come with them) first.

Btw unless you have alts and legacy gear to get geared quickly I strongly recommend you become min/maxxed in regular war hero (at least the mods and enhancements) before you begin the potentially long EWH grind. The mod/enhancement stat differences aren't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things and the grind will be much less brutal if you have min'maxxed WH gear. Reg WH gear is so cheap it really is worth it.


thanks for the feedback, I look forward to streaming when I go home every few weeks!
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

Amonkiratainted's Avatar


Amonkiratainted
02.15.2013 , 04:31 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by EatenByDistance View Post
I should first note that another Assassin on my server seems to have squeezed out four or so more bonus damage than I while keeping all the crucial stats more or less the same. When I see him I'm gonna ask him what his secret is....so my armory might change a tiny bit (prob no more than 1-2 mods at most) soon.

That said...



the biggest differences from WH to EWH are the armorings and relics, since the overall stat increases from those are actually quite notable in comparison to mods/enhancements.

I'd go in this order:

EWH Relics
EWH Hilts/Offhand armoring (for the force power. While getting these first might give an increase in damage over relics first or whatever they're so damn expensive you might as well get the similarly good but much cheaper EWH relics first...If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)
EWH Armorings (If you use Dread Guard [63] quality armorings here the rule stands)
EWH Implants (if applicable)
EWH Mods
EWH Enhancements
EWH Earpiece (+1 power for dps sets lol save this for last)

Yes, buy mods from bracers as it is the cheapest, just make sure you get the armorings (and the potentially good mods that come with them) first.

Btw unless you have alts and legacy gear to get geared quickly I strongly recommend you become min/maxxed in regular war hero (at least the mods and enhancements) before you begin the potentially long EWH grind. The mod/enhancement stat differences aren't that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things and the grind will be much less brutal if you have min'maxxed WH gear. Reg WH gear is so cheap it really is worth it.


thanks for the feedback, I look forward to streaming when I go home every few weeks!
Thanks for the quick reply Waka.

Looking forward to hear the answer from the other assassin (that is, if you want to share it hehe)

I was actually thinking of min/maxing the WH first - aiming for 25% (un-buffed) and 75% surge. Rest would be power I asume, although I read someone earlier in this post, that he suggested willpower above raw power, even though crit is softmaxed.

Also I should mention as stated in earlier post - I already bought the EWH earpiece, however I upgraded it directly from Recruit , and didnt get the WH one first. So that gave me a bit better stats. But yes, as you said, if would have been better just to get the WH earpiece.

Again, I look forward to those streams. Just need to find out how to "sub" to them

Oh and one last question: I was wondering - howcome you use rakata medpack above warzone medpack?

Calvin_Mago's Avatar


Calvin_Mago
02.15.2013 , 10:39 AM | #243
If you pull your 63 armoring from your EWH bracer and put it into your focus, you get the force power boost much cheaper.
Suul'ton - Suul
<Seraphic Nexus>

Amonkiratainted's Avatar


Amonkiratainted
02.15.2013 , 01:08 PM | #244
Alrighty - I did as you suggested and tried to min/max my WH gear atm - if any of you guys outthere would like to chime in on it, and give some advice, in case Im missing out something, please let me know

My armory

cycao's Avatar


cycao
02.15.2013 , 03:17 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Amonkiratainted View Post
Alrighty - I did as you suggested and tried to min/max my WH gear atm - if any of you guys outthere would like to chime in on it, and give some advice, in case Im missing out something, please let me know

My armory
I would swap out the high endurance enhancements and replace them with something better. I run all adept 26 enhancements in all my slots with some willpower augs to boost mine up to around 1700ish. Then you can lose some 26A crit mods and replace them with mettle 26 if you are still short on crit. Personally I would only use high endurance mods for a tanking set.

I also run a madness hybrid with lightning charge so I get to cheat a little on my crit mods/enhancements since I get a 3% bonus with that charge to my crit.

Amonkiratainted's Avatar


Amonkiratainted
02.16.2013 , 12:44 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I would swap out the high endurance enhancements and replace them with something better. I run all adept 26 enhancements in all my slots with some willpower augs to boost mine up to around 1700ish. Then you can lose some 26A crit mods and replace them with mettle 26 if you are still short on crit. Personally I would only use high endurance mods for a tanking set.

I also run a madness hybrid with lightning charge so I get to cheat a little on my crit mods/enhancements since I get a 3% bonus with that charge to my crit.
Dude, thanks much for the advice!

I have now tried updating the armory after your suggestions, and it looks so much better.

rotatorkuf's Avatar


rotatorkuf
02.16.2013 , 09:18 AM | #247
What is everyone's opinion on expertise? On my server, I have seen some good sin's with high expertise and others with low expertise. Is the % that you gain in pvp from higher expertise that noticeable? Has this been tested? And what are your opinions on having either a higher crit rating or higher bonus DMG for a hybrid/tank spec? Because there are so many ways to mod/aug a toon, would it be more benificial to have mods and augs for higher bonus damage or the 30% crit chance with lower bonus damage? Just wanting some opinions. Thanks

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
02.16.2013 , 02:10 PM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by rotatorkuf View Post
What is everyone's opinion on expertise? On my server, I have seen some good sin's with high expertise and others with low expertise. Is the % that you gain in pvp from higher expertise that noticeable? Has this been tested? And what are your opinions on having either a higher crit rating or higher bonus DMG for a hybrid/tank spec? Because there are so many ways to mod/aug a toon, would it be more benificial to have mods and augs for higher bonus damage or the 30% crit chance with lower bonus damage? Just wanting some opinions. Thanks
I run 1214 but have considered running 1164 and changing the hilt of my lightsaber to the PvE 63 hilt. Reason I considered the hilt is that it has the biggest gap in stats.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

dinnaya's Avatar


dinnaya
02.20.2013 , 07:27 AM | #249
Looks like a great guide to me! New to playing the assassin here, and just hit lvl 50. Just one newbie question though: Which augments do I get? (Assuming 0/24/17)
Ragerth - 55 Marauder (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

cycao's Avatar


cycao
02.20.2013 , 07:57 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by dinnaya View Post
Looks like a great guide to me! New to playing the assassin here, and just hit lvl 50. Just one newbie question though: Which augments do I get? (Assuming 0/24/17)
For the love of god don't run that spec until you get at least full war hero. Run full darkness or a darkness hybrid and you can thank me later.