Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
[PvP Guide] Wakaworld: Your resource for advanced Sith Assassin/Jedi Shadow strategy!

DarthMaulUK
12.06.2012 , 02:22 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
Just thought I would chime in!

I've been playing this spec for about 4 weeks now I think, I started it a couple of days after the original post and levelled from 44-50 on my Shadow with it. I was previously full Infiltration and, although I loved it, was just feeling it was lacking something. One day I found myself reading the original post and just nodding along at each point, and before I knew it I was re-specced and hooked. Loved it in PvE, and in PvP the burst damage is fantastic. I'm not topping any scoreboards but just beaten my personal best when I came 3rd behind two Smashers. I can pull off those 1v1s when it matters so I know that I'm making the difference even without all that fluff damage from Madness or Rage.

Only issues I've really had have been against full Darkness/Kinetic Combat Shadow/Assasins or Darkness/Madness hybrids in full tank gear. Sometimes it's ok but there's a couple on my server who really know what they're doing there.

I did also have some problems with survivability at first so I figured I'd play around with a few things, my current build is a slight variation of the WJ spec:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfGbRzfbRbZf0cRM.2
Personally I just find that Insulation helps - once I'm fully geared I may re-evaluate but truth be told I've been having a blast with it. Everytime I think about giving the Darkness/Madness hybrid a go, I play a WZ in this spec and am reminded how great it is!

Thanks for the great guide!
I actually did the same thing as you. However, I kept Obfuscation at 2 points, so I could have the 1 point in Claws of Decay, because thrash is what helps build your procs, so anything additional damage it can deal is great.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Xinika
12.06.2012 , 01:29 PM | #152
Hey, this is great someone else did some kind of guide while I was inactive.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

RankorSSGS
12.06.2012 , 01:33 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
You're coming back?!?!?!?!
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Xinika
12.06.2012 , 03:56 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
You're coming back?!?!?!?!
Well, I'm subbed. I figured I'd do it because I enjoy helping the Shadow / Assassin community.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

RankorSSGS
12.06.2012 , 04:56 PM | #155
Well, I'm subbed. I figured I'd do it because I enjoy helping the Shadow / Assassin community.
Yay! Regardless of the reason, you've made me, and I'm sure many others very happy. Always good to have more good players teaching other people how to get better. Looking forward to it.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

VicturusTeSaluto
12.06.2012 , 10:54 PM | #156
It was only a matter of time. They always come back...

DarthMaulUK
12.07.2012 , 02:40 AM | #157
Welcome back! I love the Sin class but get so frustrated with PvP overall in this game, which is why I break away but then always return. lol
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Prabhunath
12.07.2012 , 12:15 PM | #158
Oh my god you are back!! Hahaha, I am all smiles right now...you were one of my favourite players in this game since I first knew about you.

Was pretty sad when you said adios to the game, but that's okay, you're back now and that's all that matters...
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!

Xethis
12.08.2012 , 11:59 PM | #159
Well your guide is still the only one that is stickied!

Xinika
12.09.2012 , 02:25 PM | #160
Tried the Waka spec out. It's awesome!
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN