Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuttering still persists

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MilesTeg_cy
12.04.2012 , 09:26 AM | #41
Update on the stuttering issue...

I've formatted my ssd and installed a clean Windows 7 64bit a few days ago. Installed the latest graphics driver and other essential software. I didn't make a fresh install of the SWTOR, just coppied the pre-format game directory. I've no issues of stuttering and graphic driver chrashes since then. Overclocking is the same as before.

A clean installation of the OS may help solving your problems if you haven't tried it yet.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

charlie-steam
12.05.2012 , 03:30 AM | #42
It helped me, idone even clean install of star wars old republic, but after instalation of some programs like Net framwork 4 , Microsoft Visual lots of difrent version i needed, java and other essential or mybe not essential programs, stuttering came back ;/

What drivers are u on ?

MilesTeg_cy
12.05.2012 , 03:42 AM | #43
I'm using the latest, 306.97 - WHQL. It is as you say I guess. Some 3rd party software interfere to how the GPU or the graphics driver works. It can be pinpointed by installing the "other" software one by one. But it requires a clean installation again unfortunately.

If I happen to indentify the software I'll let you now. For now it works just fine.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Cres
12.05.2012 , 05:19 AM | #44
Problem i still here. It's about nameplate scaling for me. When i turn off nameplate scaling problem has gone.

It's not about Win7 or Vista and their drivers. I've 2 rig and a Win7 and a Vista. Game is ok on Win7 but isn't on Vista. It's all about game codes. Not that hard to fix this. I hope they fix this as soon as possible.

charlie-steam
12.05.2012 , 07:31 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
I'm using the latest, 306.97 - WHQL. It is as you say I guess. Some 3rd party software interfere to how the GPU or the graphics driver works. It can be pinpointed by installing the "other" software one by one. But it requires a clean installation again unfortunately.

If I happen to indentify the software I'll let you now. For now it works just fine.
do u have any of this prgrams instaled i listed in my post ?

charlie-steam
12.05.2012 , 07:52 AM | #46
and i noticed stuttering in other games like borderlands 2 or dota 2 ;/ but not in diablo 3, starcraft 2 or walking dead, i dont understand that i have decent cpu for this game and others, nice GTX 650Ti OC, 16GB ram phenom 2 x4 945...

I never had stuttering in borderlands 2 before i instaled those program i listed :> i didnt noticed this is swotr, or i was thinking that was lag problem, but for 2-3 weeks i can see that is severe stuttering ;/

charlie-steam
12.05.2012 , 07:53 AM | #47
now i dont play swotr is annoying for me, myb when i dont need those programs but i need them ( really ) ;/

tingen
12.05.2012 , 08:24 AM | #48
Swtor Unleashed help me a lot to get ride of the stuttering so this is defently a issue how tor loades files into memory(only running with the masjor fx file in ramdisk atm).

Shredit
07.08.2013 , 11:47 PM | #49
I am having crazy Stuttering issues. Doesn't matter what the Graphics are set at. Did a fresh install of Win7 pro and still horrible... Here are my system specs.

I7-3770k @ 4.4Ghz Water cooled
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 1.5v 16GB
2x Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor-x Ghz edition in Crossfire
500GB Corsair Force GS SSD
1000W CoolerMaster Gold Modular PSU
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 motherboard

If this system is stuttering then ***?