Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuttering still persists

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

charlie-steam
11.18.2012 , 02:35 PM | #31
Ok gonne try new nvidia drivers, beta, myb its gonne help with this stuttering, thought that clean install windows 7 gonne help, but no ;/

CUSTOMER SUPPORT PLEASE DO SOMETHING WITH THIS ISSUE

charlie-steam
11.18.2012 , 03:15 PM | #32
U lost one subscriber, if u dont gonne reapir it soon i will never come back to this game , myb when i change my rig :P

-Siala-
11.18.2012 , 05:22 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by charlie-steam View Post
U lost one subscriber, if u dont gonne reapir it soon i will never come back to this game , myb when i change my rig :P
Updating your rig won't help, one player running on a quad-core i7 with a GTX680 and 24GB of RAM is having the same problem.

I'm running on a quad-core i7 with 12GB of RAM with a GTX580 and the game's unplayable.
Siala
Unity, The Red Eclipse
Europe-Farstar // 10/01/2005 - 15/12/2011

charlie-steam
11.19.2012 , 12:30 AM | #34
True but why is hapening to some of players and other dont have a problem, i am gonne soon update my rig to i5 2500k now i have phenom x4 945, myb changin motherboard and processor gonne help :P

They shoul allow players to play on patch 1.3 until they fix it

i know it's stupid but common, only star wars old republic and payaday the heist stuttering for me, other game go just fine ;/

charlie-steam
11.19.2012 , 04:09 PM | #35
Please bump it... Make it sticky :>

charlie-steam
11.21.2012 , 03:06 AM | #36
bump!!!!

Einheriar
11.21.2012 , 05:34 AM | #37
Check your CPU utilization, is it runing near 100% that could cause the problem, look at svchost.

MilesTeg_cy
11.21.2012 , 05:43 AM | #38
What about overclocking? Do all the people here having the same problem(including me) overclock their CPU and/or GPU? Actually I haven't tired without overclock but this may be the answer why some systems have this problem and others don't.

On the other hand this does not seem to be hardware and driver related. I guess it is all about bad coding of the game.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

morfius
11.21.2012 , 06:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
What about overclocking? Do all the people here having the same problem(including me) overclock their CPU and/or GPU? Actually I haven't tired without overclock but this may be the answer why some systems have this problem and others don't.

On the other hand this does not seem to be hardware and driver related. I guess it is all about bad coding of the game.
Never OC ed... playing on Asus g75 now - everything on High with no shadows.
(Core i7 3.2GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia 670 3GB VRAM, 128 GB SSD OS/game HDD)
Tried with all game in RAM drive even before got my SSD (major reason to get 32 GB in was RAM drives & Virtual machines) load faster but no difference when loaded.
No stuttering... no FPS drop bellow 45.
My wife use my old desktop - everything on High except shadows - off & Shader complexity - very low (6750 was never able to get higher shaders and keep above 30 FPS in bunch of players).
(PC specs - Core duo 3.06, 6 GB RAM, ATI 6750 1GB VRAM, 1GB WD Black as OS/game HDD)
No stuttering... no FPS drop bellow 30.

Coding has to be same with all of us, there is monster machines with 5 FPS and lower end systems that keep 40 FPS.
There is more than coding here (coding is not only reason).
Try to reset clocks to default values and play without OCs ...
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Einheriar
11.25.2012 , 07:34 AM | #40
I belive that there is a an issue with Drivers and WIN 7.

I hve no problems, when i do a clean install of Vista 32bit and the game. But i have the problem with an win 7 and BETA version of Win 8 32bit.

But i grabed a brand new Asus I-5 3rd generation with 8gb and a Nvidia gt640m Card installed with Win 8 64bit, no problems with that build. have around 60-80 fps all the time with high settings.

The other machines i used, was an old laptop Asus core-duo 2.1Ghz with 4Gb ram and an gt9650m Nvidiacard, i had no problem with a clean istall of Vista 32bit. but massive problems win a Win 7 Build and Win 8 Beta Build both in 32bit. In vista i got around 40-50 fps in low and med settings. in the other builds i had massive lag problems and fps around 10 range on the same settings, i noticed in those builds and increased CPU utilization of nearly 100%, the preferances was svchost and csrss programs. I scanned for viruses, ran Deep malware detections, no virus or malware. So i believe there is a driver issue with the patches from EA/Lucas art.

Our gaming rig an desktop Asus i-7 12Gb ram and a Nvidia Card GTX660 and a clean Build of Win 8 64bit, had no problems. but did have problems in Win 7 64bit build.
I used all the new drivers up from the 301.42 legacy patch.

We used an 20Mb Wireless connection.