Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Shared Tree

KillerKans's Avatar


KillerKans
10.26.2012 , 11:19 AM | #1
Is there a shared class tree you would recommend using for a particular advanced class? Which one and why? I generally use the shared tree for fillers and want to roll a alt all the way to the top of a shared tree. Looking for some advice on a place to start before wasting time going through the hole process to lvl 50

TalantMAJR's Avatar


TalantMAJR
10.26.2012 , 11:22 AM | #2
Two words;
Word 1; Cull.
Word 2; Sniper.

War/knight and inq/consular shared trees are both meh imo.
And Pyro Power is obviously still beefy, but i haven't actually played one yet.
/mytwocents
*Insert witty signature here*

cycao's Avatar


cycao
10.26.2012 , 11:27 AM | #3
The way I see it is for each shared tree there is always one class that does it way better.

Rage is better for jug
Madness is better for sorcs
Pyro is better for PT's
Lethality is better for snipers (just what I was told)

There is nothing wrong with going doing the shared tree for any AC but some classes just have better tools/abilities to make it that much better.

TalantMAJR's Avatar


TalantMAJR
10.26.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
There is nothing wrong with going doing the shared tree for any AC but some classes just have better tools/abilities to make it that much better.
Fair enough.
I hadn't looked at it like that before, but thinking about it, i think you're absolutely correct.
You even have them correctly labeled.
*Insert witty signature here*

rob_y's Avatar


rob_y
10.26.2012 , 12:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TalantMAJR View Post
Two words;
Word 1; Cull.
Word 2; Sniper.

War/knight and inq/consular shared trees are both meh imo.
And Pyro Power is obviously still beefy, but i haven't actually played one yet.
/mytwocents
There are a lot of people complaining about Rage/Focus who would disagree with you.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

TalantMAJR's Avatar


TalantMAJR
10.26.2012 , 12:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
There are a lot of people complaining about Rage/Focus who would disagree with you.
Fair enough, see my post after that one, then infer that I only have a mara, and my jugg isn't over level 20 yet. :P
*Insert witty signature here*

Woimy's Avatar


Woimy
10.26.2012 , 12:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
The way I see it is for each shared tree there is always one class that does it way better.

Rage is better for jug
Madness is better for sorcs
Pyro is better for PT's
Lethality is better for snipers (just what I was told)

There is nothing wrong with going doing the shared tree for any AC but some classes just have better tools/abilities to make it that much better.
Also, some shared trees are viable for both ACs...some not so much. Madness Assassins are extremely rare, and having been playing since early release, I've seen exactly 1 (ONE) lethality operative. The shared trees for those two classes are simply not really viable, unless you are doing it just for fun. The lethality one in particular, you're actually going against your core mechanics (stealth, heavy opener from stealth, need for TA) to use. Requiring a 3-4 ability set up to use a channeled ability from melee (with no real gap closer)? No thanks.

OTOH, Smash Marauders, while in some respects less potent than Juggs, compensate in other ways; and Pyro mercs are at least better than arsenal mercs, even if they still underperform compared to pyrotechs

The_Brick's Avatar


The_Brick
10.26.2012 , 12:21 PM | #8
Pyro/AS for PT/VG

In full recruit gear I pulled over 400 dps on Voidstar on my AS/VG...

I'm currently working on changing over my ST/PT to Pyro, but it's hard giving up full war hero for battlemaster