Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do Sneaky and Sneak work?

Darth_Dreselus
10.26.2012 , 04:07 AM | #1
Just started playing a Scrapper and slowly getting in grips with it. I have two questions.

1. Sneaky:
Tooltip at 3 points: Increases movement speed by 15% and effective stealth level by 3.

Now does this mean that I now move at the same speed stealthed as non-stealthed, since by default stealth decreases movement speed by 85%. I did some very non-precise measurements by running the same stretch both stealthed and non-stealthed and it seemed to take about the same time even though stealthed still felt slower (may be due to the animation).
Also what exact effect does stealth level have? What is the max and is the base 1?

2. Sneak:
Increases stealth level by 15 (again what does this mean, is it 15 on top of the 4 I already have?) and increases movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds.
The Fight or Flight talent finishes the cooldown of Sneak and allows it to be used out of stealth. Does that mean that when I'm out of combat I can just stealth-sneak-unstealth-sneak-stealth-unstealth-sneak and so on keeping me moving fast all the time or is it only usable in combat?

TY for help.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Aerilas
10.26.2012 , 04:36 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Just started playing a Scrapper and slowly getting in grips with it. I have two questions.

2. Sneak:
Increases stealth level by 15 (again what does this mean, is it 15 on top of the 4 I already have?) and increases movement speed by 50% for 6 seconds.
The Fight or Flight talent finishes the cooldown of Sneak and allows it to be used out of stealth. Does that mean that when I'm out of combat I can just stealth-sneak-unstealth-sneak-stealth-unstealth-sneak and so on keeping me moving fast all the time or is it only usable in combat?

TY for help.
Yes

This is one of my most beloved skills as a scrapper.
Its lovely to cap east of novare or civil war at the start of a warzone. Use it all the time
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

gumbydpl
10.26.2012 , 11:09 AM | #3
Someone else might be able to explain a little more but, when you first get stealth it isnt that good. When you get close to a mob they will notice you pretty quickly and open fire. By getting the 3 talent points in Sneaky to buff that skill it works a lot better. You will be able to stealth past almost any mob with no problem. They will still notice you if you hang out by them for a few seconds, but you shouldn't be just standing by a mob anyway.

Now Sneak that gives you the +15 to your skill is mainly useed in PVP, Flashpoints, and H2/H4's. When you need to tranq a mob for example you would use this so you wouldn't aggo the mob by mistake. Or in PVP if you need to sneak by someone.

I'm sure someone else might ba able to explain it better.

Aerilas
10.27.2012 , 06:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post

1. Sneaky:
Tooltip at 3 points: Increases movement speed by 15% and effective stealth level by 3.

Now does this mean that I now move at the same speed stealthed as non-stealthed, since by default stealth decreases movement speed by 85%. I did some very non-precise measurements by running the same stretch both stealthed and non-stealthed and it seemed to take about the same time even though stealthed still felt slower (may be due to the animation).
Also what exact effect does stealth level have? What is the max and is the base 1?

TY for help.
I've never actually tried it out like you have, but I do seem to run faster in stealth on my scoundrel than I do on my shadow. The 15% will probably have something to do with that.
Max effect stealth level IIRC is 15? WHen you use Sneak? At least its like that on shadow, im assuming its the same on scoundrel.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Darth_Dreselus
10.28.2012 , 04:43 AM | #5
Apparently it does not effect stealth speed (85%+35%=120%) but makes in combat speed 115%.

I will test this out later today.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

RendValor
10.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #6
The 15% speed buff from Sneaky only applies in combat, it's very useful for kiting opponents in PvP
L°ckd°wn -- The Ebon Hawk
R°adbl°ck -- The Shadowlands