Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcs in Pvp these days

Vladnar
10.26.2012 , 03:33 AM | #1
I like em is what i have to say. Ive been pveing and doing daillies for a while and only came back to pvp very recently, and i only have all battlesmaster gear BUT i find that with the most recent changes we have that bit of power, esp in madness and not the best but likely not the worst so we feel handy, and we have that little extra durability and self healing to stick around a bit.

overall i like where we are, seems fair for us and our victims and id like to say GOOD JOB BIO.

Vlad

ps, Am i wrong?
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

DroidDreamer
10.26.2012 , 02:19 PM | #2
Sorc heals feels right right now after the introduction of the self-heal. I think the lightning tree could use some love on the DPS side.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Hairyzac
10.26.2012 , 07:04 PM | #3
Everything feels right except we need some type of regen. Tapping for force and sac'ing a ton of hp in relation is a terrible mechanic. Also could use a defensive cool down but I'd take just the regen. Maybe have our channeled heal return force or something IDK. Or buff the Force Bending bonuses.

dougiepants
10.26.2012 , 09:41 PM | #4
I think BW idea is that we use consumption to regain the force while being speced into the health regain talent of corruption. Then use self healing to bring health back up fast after consumption. I use the self heal like that a lot in voidstar and that is it. But I am not speced into that talent in corruption though.

Chemic_al
10.27.2012 , 04:31 AM | #5
Madness dps got nothing. Lightning is still too easy to shut down.

I don't want to play a lightning/heal hybrid just to be competitive. We still have no proper defensive CD, although granted the self-heal is nice, but it's still not an "oh ****!" button cf dps like Marauders with Cloak of Pain, Sabre Ward, Undying Rage and Force Camo. We don't have shroud like our Sin cousins.

For PvP burst is king, and sorc DPS just doesn't have it. We have no execute move. Our dots are weak, again cf an anni mara where dots auto-crit or a pyro tech CGC dot which tick harder when target is under 30%.

All in all, the pure sorc dps specs are not really viable and no rated will take a sorc dps over a marauder, powertech or sniper.

We maybe slightly above mercs for PvP, but make no mistake Bioware have done nothing to address the real issues that concern sorcs in PvP and we are still way below other dps classes. You can see Bioware have no clue because they went and buffed a class that didn't need it like Warrior Rage spec. It needed to be made instant, that's it. Now it's just lolsmash spec for n00bs and sorc still remains a class with an unfeasibly high skill threshold to survive for the pitiful damage we do. If we are to be a glass cannon, at least give us a cannon.

Hairyzac
10.27.2012 , 09:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dougiepants View Post
I think BW idea is that we use consumption to regain the force while being speced into the health regain talent of corruption. Then use self healing to bring health back up fast after consumption. I use the self heal like that a lot in voidstar and that is it. But I am not speced into that talent in corruption though.
And is that not a horrible mechanic? Yes or no?

I am spec'd into that talent you speak of (4% less health stolen LOL might as well be zero), and stealing chunks of health to regain force is still the worst mechanic that exists in the game and needs to be replaced.

Daxy
10.28.2012 , 08:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
And is that not a horrible mechanic? Yes or no?

I am spec'd into that talent you speak of (4% less health stolen LOL might as well be zero), and stealing chunks of health to regain force is still the worst mechanic that exists in the game and needs to be replaced.
i kind of like the mechanic or the notion of it - reminds me of life tapping (maybe make innervate applicable to enemies as a kind of "drain life"?)
i wish it provided some kind of charge tho- like, 5 consumptions trigger a boost of some sort (not the lame diminishing return that happens)

Vladnar
10.28.2012 , 11:23 AM | #8
Yes id like to pull health straight from our enemies once youve given up health to restore mana.

Our Dot.s do need a bit more fizz and we don't really have a bang BUT we don't want to get too powerful either as you'll only see sorcs once more, like your getting these slammers at the moment.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Hairyzac
10.28.2012 , 06:25 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
i kind of like the mechanic or the notion of it - reminds me of life tapping (maybe make innervate applicable to enemies as a kind of "drain life"?)
i wish it provided some kind of charge tho- like, 5 consumptions trigger a boost of some sort (not the lame diminishing return that happens)
How can you like a mechanic that steals a ton of your health and returns barely any force? When you have people beating on you in war zones, why on earth would you steal your own health to gain force? Unless you want to enjoy a run back from the spawn point, you wouldn't be doing that. That is dumb...period. In PvE, I guess I can understand where you are coming from though.

veyl
10.28.2012 , 07:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Madness dps got nothing. Lightning is still too easy to shut down.

I don't want to play a lightning/heal hybrid just to be competitive. We still have no proper defensive CD, although granted the self-heal is nice, but it's still not an "oh ****!" button cf dps like Marauders with Cloak of Pain, Sabre Ward, Undying Rage and Force Camo. We don't have shroud like our Sin cousins.

For PvP burst is king, and sorc DPS just doesn't have it. We have no execute move. Our dots are weak, again cf an anni mara where dots auto-crit or a pyro tech CGC dot which tick harder when target is under 30%.

All in all, the pure sorc dps specs are not really viable and no rated will take a sorc dps over a marauder, powertech or sniper.

We maybe slightly above mercs for PvP, but make no mistake Bioware have done nothing to address the real issues that concern sorcs in PvP and we are still way below other dps classes. You can see Bioware have no clue because they went and buffed a class that didn't need it like Warrior Rage spec. It needed to be made instant, that's it. Now it's just lolsmash spec for n00bs and sorc still remains a class with an unfeasibly high skill threshold to survive for the pitiful damage we do. If we are to be a glass cannon, at least give us a cannon.
This has been said for the better half of 6 months and it still rings true, yet still falling on completely deaf ears.