Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged area quest on ToFN

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tirvaak
10.27.2012 , 02:31 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys,

Just an update from my earlier post, as I hadn't complete the black hole dailies yesterday I decided to jump on and test this out(also on ToFN). Like you have all described at the usual place that it pops (out of horizon post and turn right at the turrets) you get the red writing but not the droid that updates the mission log.

As Ipalon describes, if you go to the bench the mission updates correctly and is added to your mission log. I have forwarded on these details to have this looked into further, I'm not sure if it is the same case on any other server though as I do not have 50's on them, but if any of you guys could test this out for me it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Ipalon
10.27.2012 , 06:10 AM | #12
Just checked after the reset and it is the same. The usual place does nothing but the moment you get to the bench the quest appears.

Hope this helps
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Armand 55 Marauder, Grendall 55 Powertech, Martea 55 Juggernaut, Bryant 55 Sorcerer, Alfonz 52 Operative
Jawhol 55 Gunslinger

Shivax
10.27.2012 , 06:15 AM | #13
By going behind the shuttle, you will obtain the quest.

warriorcat
10.27.2012 , 08:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hey guys,

Just an update from my earlier post, as I hadn't complete the black hole dailies yesterday I decided to jump on and test this out(also on ToFN). Like you have all described at the usual place that it pops (out of horizon post and turn right at the turrets) you get the red writing but not the droid that updates the mission log.

As Ipalon describes, if you go to the bench the mission updates correctly and is added to your mission log. I have forwarded on these details to have this looked into further, I'm not sure if it is the same case on any other server though as I do not have 50's on them, but if any of you guys could test this out for me it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
whats your character name *nudge. i noticed you and beesodd play on this server... if not ill have to shout in general for you.. XD

also can you tell me if the text size failure ("CSR") in subject area is bugged (send a thanks to CS agent victoria who sent me the coms btw http://imageshack.us/f/208/csrtextsizebug.png/ <- is the problem
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Tirvaak
10.27.2012 , 09:07 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Sorry warriorcat but we are not able to provide the names of our characters. I passed on your thanks to Victoria, she said thank you very much and glad she could help. Also I am unable to see the text in the picture as the zoom function will not work, could you enlarge it for me and link it again.

@Shivax and Ipalon, Thanks for the confirmation, I also checked it again after the rest and can confirm the same as both of you.

As I mentioned earlier I have forwarded all of these details on to the relevant department to look into this for us. Did any of you get to check this on a different server?

Thanks for your help.

warriorcat
10.27.2012 , 09:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Sorry warriorcat but we are not able to provide the names of our characters. I passed on your thanks to Victoria, she said thank you very much and glad she could help. Also I am unable to see the text in the picture as the zoom function will not work, could you enlarge it for me and link it again.
ok 2 seconds http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4...extsizebug.png this is the full size image ill edit the mail bit bigger anyway here it is http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tsizebug2.png/

when u can see the image u will see that the bottom of CSR is missing ( like line going under is cutting it off)

i guess i was to hopeful to find out character name have a good day , if i do a bit more following ill log on when you testing an issue such as this and find you

*edit @tirvaak bug report number is 6685911
Aim the rockets at Tomb of Freedom Nadd!
Level 50's Darkri/Zeraya//Jess'e char slots used 11/12
level 55 Raffes

Chirdia
10.27.2012 , 09:51 AM | #17
Actually I tried going to the bench or behind the shuttle a few times and it didnt work. took about 10 mins or just driving around the shuttle and the defense turrets to get the quest .

Tirvaak
10.27.2012 , 10:18 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi warriorcat,

I know what you are talking about now. I believe this is a very minor bug, I'm pretty certain it is known already but I'm not 100% sure. I know its not the biggest problem but could you bug report it for me and I'll get the report forwarded on to the correct department.

@Chirdia thanks for the extra confirmation, do you remember the exact point where you were able to pick up the mission?

Thanks.

katarnus
10.27.2012 , 02:51 PM | #19
This is also happening on Republic side with the Black Hole AREA "Criminal Crackdown"

After searching, I did find the spot where it will activate. There's a small hill of rubble just southeast of the landing shuttle that will grant this mission. Tested it with others having the same problem. Coordinates are 161, -479

EDIT: and it's not just Tomb of Freedon Nadd, this issue happened to me on both Imperial and Republic side on The Ebon Hawk

Pairaka
10.27.2012 , 04:06 PM | #20
I have been experiencing this same problem. First on my warrior and then on my inquisitor. And I could not acquire the quest by going to the bench. I would just get the red alert text but no droid to give the mission to me.
Mera Virai | "You should be running..."