Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion quests?

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
10.25.2012 , 03:28 PM | #1
Is there a list of companions who give you quests? If so, could someone direct me to it? And if not, post the ones you know here:

Aric Jorgan
He has three, IIRC, all related to the Deadeyes. I never finished them because I rushed onto my BH after finishing my trooper.

Corso Riggs
I haven't gotten...anywhere...on my Smuggler, but I remember reading somewhere he had some.

Mako
Currently working on my BH, and finished her first quest.

Vette
All related to her family, right?

Okay, so what are the rest? Post 'em here!

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
10.25.2012 , 05:48 PM | #2
Rule of thumb, your first companion is the one that gives actual go-out-and-do-things quests. The rest all just go on their own, fade to black, then return and talk about it.

The only exception I'm aware of is T7, who is replaced in that role by Kira Carsen.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
10.25.2012 , 07:21 PM | #3
Hold on, I thought I heard Xalek had one too. And he's the last companion for SI!

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
10.25.2012 , 08:54 PM | #4
Xalek doesn't have any quests after he actually joins you. I suppose you could count occasionally going to Korriban to oversee the trials he's part of as a companion quest, though he's barely present.

tanare's Avatar


tanare
10.26.2012 , 11:16 AM | #5
yeah i think most of the companions have some sort of "there is something i must do. i'll be back." <fade to black> "i did it" kind of things. done one for corso, vette and mako so far with actual quests. you kinda get one with risha a but it's all done via holos but at least you're there for it. vette has two at least. Khem vhal doesn;t seem to have one either yet of the first chars though i haven;t maxxed anything out with him yet. haven't lvled any other class up past chapter 1 to see if there's more.
Tanar Re Member of Saga
Recruiting Post and FAQ * TOR Guild Page * Saga's Home Site
Established ~ Mature ~ High RP/Low Drama

bright_ephemera's Avatar


bright_ephemera
10.30.2012 , 05:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Rule of thumb, your first companion is the one that gives actual go-out-and-do-things quests. The rest all just go on their own, fade to black, then return and talk about it.

The only exception I'm aware of is T7, who is replaced in that role by Kira Carsen.
This.

The companions who let you come with them on quests are Corso Riggs, Aric Jorgan, Kira Carsen, Qyzen Fess, Mako (I haven't done hers personally so not 100% sure), Kaliyo Djannis, Vette, and Khem Val.

Other companions regularly leave the ship in the form of a fade-to-black and then come back to report on what they did. You never accompany them for these quests - I imagine development resource limitations necessitated this.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Asheris's Avatar


Asheris
10.31.2012 , 12:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
This.

The companions who let you come with them on quests are Corso Riggs, Aric Jorgan, Kira Carsen, Qyzen Fess, Mako (I haven't done hers personally so not 100% sure), Kaliyo Djannis, Vette, and Khem Val.

Other companions regularly leave the ship in the form of a fade-to-black and then come back to report on what they did. You never accompany them for these quests - I imagine development resource limitations necessitated this.
I have a very faint hope those will be added in the promised companion-centric patch, I would love to go with all of them - it's such a brilliant opportunity for some quality roleplaying later on, not just sitting back on my ship thinking how it goes.

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
10.31.2012 , 09:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
I have a very faint hope those will be added in the promised companion-centric patch, I would love to go with all of them - it's such a brilliant opportunity for some quality roleplaying later on, not just sitting back on my ship thinking how it goes.
Plus, I really wanted to see M1-4X kill a Sith lord by shooting a flying mandalorian in the jetpack such that he spirals out of control and crashes into him.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
11.01.2012 , 03:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Plus, I really wanted to see M1-4X kill a Sith lord by shooting a flying mandalorian in the jetpack such that he spirals out of control and crashes into him.
That would be epic!