Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcerer for DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sith Sorcerer for DPS

Karkais
11.11.2012 , 04:59 AM | #11
Its still more about the gear than anything else..
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Rincewend
11.12.2012 , 02:04 AM | #12
My Main is a lighting spec and I have had him in all the end game content. You do have ot know how to play, and moving is no more a problem for us than it is for a sniper. Remeber to keep your dots on targets. Your Force speed, bubble, self heal, and quick cleanse all help. Set up hot keys know your rotation, adjust for on the move fights. Guild uses SWMontier and I am never at the bottom of damage in any of our raids (HM EC; TFB; KP; EV).

in PVP pull people away from the nodes, Force speed, bubble than stun, knockback, DOT, and light him up. Keep your bubble up, self heal, and DOTs.

SoonerJBD
11.12.2012 , 09:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
Oh and don't listen to this guy, I've never seen a madness sorc out dps anything and from my own experince they parse 10-25% behind lightening.
The top parses on Torparse indicate you are wrong. Sorcs and Sages can parse among the best in the game using Madness.

DarthGuin
08.01.2014 , 09:43 PM | #14
I play a 180 geared dps Sorc with the 180 armour removed for the set bonus armour while overall dps is lower than other toons, the sorc dps when played correctly can do great dps and an overall very viable team player offering off heals and pulling other unaware players out of lava and spit. as for actual numbers my thundering blast hits on average around 8500 in damage with the occasional 10k hits. once again it is all about the Player skill, rotation, gear set, and lag speed playing from Australia my Lag is constantly at 250-300ms where in USA it is 20-40ms. I have not been kicked or rejected from a raid because of lack of dps (telling bad jokes and falling asleep maybe lol)

So in my humblest of opinions I love the lightning spec sorc it is very fun to play
pacem, mendacium non est nisi cupiditas
i per passionem convalescant per robur opes i
i per potentiam et vincet victoria sunt, maxime mihi:
vis liberavit me