Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Sorcerer for DPS

DarthMetier
10.25.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1
How is DPS role for a lightning sorcerer a viable role for end-game PVE content? Does he/she put out enough damage to be viable in a 4-man, 8-man, or A 16-man team?

Marak
10.25.2012 , 09:05 PM | #2
Everything is "viable" when played and geared correctly. Old tired adage, but it's true. If you are ever sat for low DPS its because either you aren't doing what your class is capable of doing or your raid leader is bad and thinks everyone has to be at the uber max.

Sorcs are, however, on the lower end of the spectrum. I think it's a reasonably fun spec though (I play a TK sage alt from time to time).
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

tekhiun
10.27.2012 , 07:12 PM | #3
its ridiculous, use madness instead. You have more survival from self heals ( even more if you take the pvp set bonus ) plus you always get more dps , stationary or moving. Sorcs have the lowest damage atm, hope bioware intends to fix this soon
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

SoonerJBD
10.28.2012 , 02:29 PM | #4
It's viable. It can clear content. If done perfectly, it is actually the best spec for a sorcerer. But in practice, it is really hard to get the rotation perfect. Boss fights with heavy movement (which is most of them nowadays) are very frustrating as well.

I think the Lightning spec is in need of some changes right now. It is not nearly as popular as Madness and in my experience is played even less than the old hybrid build that now parses behind Madness.

Lium
11.02.2012 , 12:47 AM | #5
I'm leveling a TK sage at the moment. It's a seriously fun DPS spec and very easy to learn the rotations. However, I feel like my sentinel main will still do way more damage at max level. This has been backed up some guildies of mine that play both classes.

RendValor
11.10.2012 , 06:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Sorcs have the lowest damage atm
Assassins and Operatives disagree
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Kanjir
11.10.2012 , 06:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
Assassins don't have the lowest DPS. They just take more skill/effort to parse decent numbers.

HoboWithAStick
11.10.2012 , 07:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RendValor View Post
No, sorcs are the lowest. Ops and Sins generally aren't played right or aren't even allow in raids cause of how pounded in the ground the forums makes them sound.

HoboWithAStick
11.10.2012 , 07:06 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
its ridiculous, use madness instead. You have more survival from self heals ( even more if you take the pvp set bonus ) plus you always get more dps , stationary or moving. Sorcs have the lowest damage atm, hope bioware intends to fix this soon
Oh and don't listen to this guy, I've never seen a madness sorc out dps anything and from my own experince they parse 10-25% behind lightening.

bryceman
11.11.2012 , 04:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HoboWithAStick View Post
No, sorcs are the lowest. Ops and Sins generally aren't played right or aren't even allow in raids cause of how pounded in the ground the forums makes them sound.
This is completely correct. I manage very decent numbers on my scrapper scoundrel and the only reason why I never get to take him into raids is because they rather have another sent. for inspiration than risk taking a so called "nerfed" class.