Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

MarkoJinn
11.02.2012 , 08:51 AM | #41
I don't see how Pureblood fits with the story at all. The story clearly states that you were a slave before becoming the Inquisitor... So pureblood is not an option at all. I went with Ratattaki...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

Dria
11.02.2012 , 09:22 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MarkoJinn View Post
I don't see how Pureblood fits with the story at all. The story clearly states that you were a slave before becoming the Inquisitor... So pureblood is not an option at all. I went with Ratattaki...
I has been stated over and over and over again how Pure works in the story, I am guessing you did not really put much in to the story and just hacknslash to 50. Wont bother to repeat the things so I let you just wonder on whit that but I am happy that Ratattaki worked for you.
Pen & Paper GM PnP veteran from 1989 Oh and also Gamer(dad)
"It┤s always funny until someone gets hurt...
and then it's absolutely friggin┤ hysterical!"

MarkoJinn
11.02.2012 , 09:53 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Dria View Post
I has been stated over and over and over again how Pure works in the story, I am guessing you did not really put much in to the story and just hacknslash to 50. Wont bother to repeat the things so I let you just wonder on whit that but I am happy that Ratattaki worked for you.
I don't care what's been stated. I know what the story is because I played through every quest and every instance story from level 1 to level 50 or should I say from Korriban to Corellia. I know how Harken addressed me during the training. Now you can say it was the drill sergeant, weed out the weak mumbo jumbo but I didn't feel like it...

Some people believe that God made Earth in 6 days and then rested on 7th but that doesn't make it the truth. The story didn't make me feel any other way but that I used to be a slave and now I'm the sith lord. I actually felt like that was the whole point of the story how a nobody slave becomes the most powerful sith in the empire...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

SmugglersLuck
11.02.2012 , 10:07 AM | #44
Twi'lek. Why? Because Twi'leks are the slave species of the galaxy. They get used by everyone, from Trandoshans, to Hutts, to Sith. It makes perfect sense for the Sith Inquisitor to be a Twi'lek.

Sith Pureblood can work but there has to be a good roleplay reason behind it, like your family fell from grace or got caught committing some treasonous act and your family was forced to sell you off as tribute. Purebloods are highly regarded in the Empire, at least slightly more so than other aliens and are usually not slaves.
Darth Zumiya
The Keeper of Light Walker of Dreams

RendValor
11.02.2012 , 01:04 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by SmugglersLuck View Post
Twi'lek. Why? Because Twi'leks are the slave species of the galaxy. They get used by everyone, from Trandoshans, to Hutts, to Sith. It makes perfect sense for the Sith Inquisitor to be a Twi'lek.
Again, ancestry.
L°ckd°wn -- The Ebon Hawk
R°adbl°ck -- The Shadowlands

BenjaminminU
11.02.2012 , 01:41 PM | #46
I went for Zabrak, as in my legacy family tree he is the son of my human smuggler and his zabrak wife, and i have all my other characters linked into the family tree with imperial agent at the top, having the agent coming from a respected imperial family whose kallig heritige had been completely forgotten.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Captain_Zone
11.02.2012 , 03:17 PM | #47
If you're a fan of Darth Maul, then Zabrak is the one you want for an Assassin. Seethe is exactly what Maul does while waiting between fights in Episode I. The black robes fit with Maul's style, especially if you use pants with the Saber Marshal's robe. lol
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Beorm
11.03.2012 , 02:00 PM | #48
I went with Sith and it worked for me:

(1) It never occured to me that being a slave was a matter of race, but rather economic position. You know, like the ancient greeks and romans did? Sith family down on their luck can't afford to feed their new baby girl, so sells her into slavery. Or maybe a captured child from some skirmish like north american natives did. Or maybe my girl was the child of parents who were executed for some horrendous crime against the empire. So I had no problem with a person from the once revered race finding herself in slavery.

(2) Sith are force sensative by nature/breeding, right? So it makes sense that one found in slavery would be strong in the force. Might even explain how she was "discovered", too. "Hey, look at that red slave, I wonder if she's force sensative."

(3) Being a pureblood really played into a lot of the storyline on Korriban, too. There are a lot of "looking down my nose" options in dealing with Harkan and there's a whole non-class-specific "find the pureblood" quest to find the pureblood percentage.

Pureblood Inquisitors make more sense to me than pureblood warriors, because they're that much more into the mysteries of the force. More research than revenge. More zappy zappy than slashy slashy.

But, to each their own.

errant_knight
11.03.2012 , 06:19 PM | #49
A sith pureblood family who incurred the wrath of the empire might end up as slaves. It would be worse than death and therefore an appropriate means of vengence. The only question is who would be stupid enough to *buy* sith purebloods and expect it to work out well.

Thing is, the writers at Bioware are good writers. If they made it possible, then it's possible. This isn't a question of whether it could happen, but which of the possibilities works best.

Just saw this:
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
i think i read somewhere if you are a pureblood, the opening scene (withe flying text about your character.) it says
Spoiler

not sure if thats spoiler worthy but i did so anyways just in case someone wants to see it for themselves.
There ya go. Perfectly plausible. I think I'll make one.

RazielHex
11.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
The only reasonable choice story-wise would be human or sith because of your ancestry. Between the two, human fits better since (really minor spoiler)
Spoiler
They can be enslaved through indebtedness.