Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

theUndead
10.31.2012 , 06:42 PM | #31
I chose a Zabrak

Spoiler
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger) The Duma Legacy (Shadowlands)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

spectreclees
10.31.2012 , 06:44 PM | #32
Spoiler

Humans can be slaves but almost ALL alien species besides Sith in the empire are slaves.
Referral link for 7 days of free game time and a starter pack.

Darth_Taral
11.01.2012 , 11:42 AM | #33
I picked Rattataki. I figure that either previous incarnations of the Sith Empire (when Tulak Hord and Kallig were around) might have been more of a meritocracy, where aliens could be Lords if they were powerful enough in the Dark Side.

Alternatively, they would've had access to Sith alchemy allowing for weirder cross-species reproduction (beyond the Sith/Human hybridization, which we knew to be prevalent). I have no problem buying that Kallig was Human or Sith, but his mate was not.

errant_knight
11.01.2012 , 12:20 PM | #34
While sith purebloods make awesome inquisitors outside the game story, I have the same problem with making one that I see in having a purebred warrior, only more so. It stretches credibility that antagonists would treat them with open disrespect. Personally, I think human fits the inquisitor story best.

That being said, I've created a purebred warrior--a very large one, lol. The people on Korriban who insult him look like complete idiots, though. My human warriors will remain my 'real' ones, as I think they fit the story better, but I made this sith to be a guild tank and he'll fill the role beautifully.

IHateDruids
11.01.2012 , 12:35 PM | #35
Spoiler

thatPERSON
11.01.2012 , 12:40 PM | #36
i think i read somewhere if you are a pureblood, the opening scene (withe flying text about your character.) it says
Spoiler

not sure if thats spoiler worthy but i did so anyways just in case someone wants to see it for themselves.

Emperor-Norton
11.01.2012 , 12:54 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by thatPERSON View Post
i think i read somewhere if you are a pureblood, the opening scene (withe flying text about your character.) it says
Spoiler

not sure if thats spoiler worthy but i did so anyways just in case someone wants to see it for themselves.
Nope, it says nothing like that.

Dria
11.02.2012 , 06:41 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Indivu View Post
What do you guys think the most lore friendly race would be for a Sith Inquisitor? I was thinking about unlocking the Miraluka via Legacy because of their strong connection to the Force and all, but I'm not sure it would make perfect sense since (KotOR 2 spoilers)
Spoiler

Other than Miraluka, I would guess a Twi'lek would be a good choice considering they are one of the most enslaved species in the galaxy. But I'm still not sure..
Mhm.. what do you guys suggest?
When game launched I was torn between Twi'lek and Pure, ended up with pure and it works nicely with all around story and still that character draws me in every time I log in. I do also have Twi'lek Assassin and leveling that has been some what not working as well.

When 1.5 hits in I will be getting Miraluka open and work my story for the character - RP the toon from 1-50 and I think that it will be the main character that I will stick with.
Pen & Paper GM PnP veteran from 1989 Oh and also Gamer(dad)
"It´s always funny until someone gets hurt...
and then it's absolutely friggin´ hysterical!"

Kilikaa
11.02.2012 , 06:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That used to be correct, but has been retconned by TCW IIRC.
Actually, Rayla, TCW did not retconn anything. Twi'leks can only breed with other Twis. In TCW the kids were indeed Twi/Human hybrids, but for that to have happened one or both of the parents had to go through gene alteration procedures. Humans and Twi'leks can't have kids naturally.

Now a Twi can still be the ancestor of Kallig if he was Pureblood. They used Sith sorcery to mate with humans, right? They could do the same with Twi'leks and other races then. That's the way I explain how my Twi sorc is related.

Samerbassoonist
11.02.2012 , 08:25 AM | #40
I seem to remember that Sith Purebloods have their own slave caste, in which case a pureblood SI doesn't contradict anything lore-wise. Saying that, though, I made my SI a pureblood without knowing anything about the back story. I mostly did that, however, because I wanted a Cyborg for the SW story. I'm also rping that he's an ls-person that's been humbled by his life in slavery. Kinda unusual, considering his species.