Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Stat priority and talent concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
Deception Stat priority and talent concerns

JP_Legatus
11.16.2012 , 08:16 PM | #21
We do have a talent that provides flat damage reduction, another talent that has flat endurance buff, and a talent that gives us 3% crit chance (via lightning charge and charge mastery).

I haven't bothered comparing it to other classes because I only ever play assassin, so I'm not arguing for or against the OP. I'm just saying it's there :P

Oh and P.S. it's not a big deal dropping some accuracy on your gear. While 3 of our 5 damage dealers are white damage, one (maul) can miss and still retain the buff. So you just lose a global and not the attack. With discharge and shock both being force, I feel safe in the idea that I can run 90% accuracy and miss the occasional voltaic slash or assassinate. Missing VS is not a big deal and while missing an assassinate will suck, I feel the increased damage on our other 4 skills would probably make up for it.

Feel free to run some numbers on it though and find out for certain, I'd be interested in determining our ideal accuracy. I feel we'd end up being best with 90%, but it would probably require a calculus equation that I haven't done in years.

nosmos
11.16.2012 , 09:27 PM | #22
Hi, you sound like you play madness, and thats cool. You can talent for a bit extra crit for madness but not deception - my point is that every single other class has talents for mainstat / accuracy and or crit (force etc). We do not. We do not even have our mirror class talents (The sorc) whereas every single other class has their mirror class talents (Give or take one).

I don't play madness, I got bored of that back in March on my sorc. For Deception, Crit is king. Sure, we get bonus damage to our crits on maul and shock / discharge..every other class gets those too! What we are missing are talents for crit - in the stance itself or at least a mainstat talent etc...it frustrates me.

I run deception in end game ops (i switched from my mara when 1.4 hit because I always enjoyed my assassin but it wasnt beefy enough for deception). Well, on the puzzle droid in 16 man HM TFB, i am top dps. For Kephess, i was around 3rd, for TFB - i am top dps. My current power is around 996 force power with about 39.89 melee and 38.8 force. I am constantly changing mods and relics around to try out diff stats. The issue now is, if i had +40 or so more crit, the number barely goes up - might go from 39.89 melee to 40.41.

It is impossible for me to get a crit of around 39 with 1100+ power, unlike my guild mates on their respective chars.

EDIT: As for accuracy, VS is used the most since its a filler for deception, and usually in a parse it does say 38 percent damage while maul / shock are behind at like 25 or something...simply because its used more. Maul i am not TOO worried about missing since the exploit will still be up, but there's no way i want an attack thats used the most..missing...
I am current at around 109 and 99 for acc
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Griad
11.19.2012 , 03:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
We do have a talent that provides flat damage reduction, another talent that has flat endurance buff, and a talent that gives us 3% crit chance (via lightning charge and charge mastery).

I haven't bothered comparing it to other classes because I only ever play assassin, so I'm not arguing for or against the OP. I'm just saying it's there :P

Oh and P.S. it's not a big deal dropping some accuracy on your gear. While 3 of our 5 damage dealers are white damage, one (maul) can miss and still retain the buff. So you just lose a global and not the attack. With discharge and shock both being force, I feel safe in the idea that I can run 90% accuracy and miss the occasional voltaic slash or assassinate. Missing VS is not a big deal and while missing an assassinate will suck, I feel the increased damage on our other 4 skills would probably make up for it.

Feel free to run some numbers on it though and find out for certain, I'd be interested in determining our ideal accuracy. I feel we'd end up being best with 90%, but it would probably require a calculus equation that I haven't done in years.
I can tell you that even though you dont feel you need acc. its well worth it because missing 1-2 mauls in 30 seconds is alot of damage and same goes for assassinate, when i am tank specced i run with absolutly no extra acc, so 0nly 90% on melee and i miss all the time on bosses with both assasssinate and trash.

I would never go below 95% acc as you will just miss to many hits on raid bosses, and you cant really parse that on dummy as you cant really miss on those from what i understand. But consider this you get 10 mauls in a fight, 2-3 misses, 4 is non crit then you will have 2-3 that crit, that is an insane amount of lost damage.

And this is where our lack of base skill boxes come in operative can get 9% extra cunning for 3 points, juggernauts can get 6% more str. for 2 points powertech can increase aim by 9%, hell even sorc can raise both force crit and willpower with 9% and 6% we are the only class i can think of who cant increase our base stats.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

nosmos
11.21.2012 , 08:28 AM | #24
Yeah, I have 6 50's and I've played them all. My sorc was my main for the longest time, around June I got bored of healing the same op over and over (Ec) so i switched to my marauder as my main. I went inactive for a bit, came back and started using my assassin again which has been my main since then. I always liked my assassin the best (And jug dps).

Every other class has at least 2 talents to increase something, be it mainstat, crit or accuracy. Not including things in the stance itself, as well as combo's that give an auto crit hit. Every single class generally share these talents with their mirror class - which is why i find the assassin so odd. Our mirror class has mainstat and crit, where the hell is ours? Why does Lightning charge get a boost in crit chance through talents and deception does not? Why does surging charge not give us increased accuracy or crit (so we can drop mods like every other class and pickup more power)

I use my assassin as my main, i raid in pve and do fine. But this is frustrating, very very frustrating.
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech