Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Sin in PvP

CBRGhostRider
10.26.2012 , 04:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by thefishdude View Post
Hold on a second. When I pop Force Shroud, you'll then hit me with low slash and wait?? You do realize that Force Shroud protects from all force and tech attacks right? Your low slash won't work on a Sin that's popped it.....

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3qAwuaY/force-shroud
Actually low slash is a white damage weapon attack, and it definitely works on shroud, which only prevents yellow damage (usually stuns being yellow tech/force). Pretty funny really, to see a shrouded assassin mezzed through low slash.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/hnwIOeC/low-slash

The only problem is that it is subject to defense rolls, and can be dodged. This is why most others stuns are yellow, so that defensive rolls won't apply. Luckily low slash is white, and somewhat of an exception.
Spoiler

cycao
10.29.2012 , 06:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by thefishdude View Post
Hold on a second. When I pop Force Shroud, you'll then hit me with low slash and wait?? You do realize that Force Shroud protects from all force and tech attacks right? Your low slash won't work on a Sin that's popped it.....

http://www.torhead.com/ability/3qAwuaY/force-shroud
Shroud does negate all force and tech attacks...low slash is weapon damage

Pyrinoos
10.29.2012 , 06:34 AM | #13
The difference you are encountering isn't WH vs BM it's min/maxed gear vs un min/maxed. Remove all crit/accuracy and go full power/surge. Then when u open with recklessness you'll burn tons of HP in a hurry.
Also I agree that your spec should change IMO, the 6% dam reduction is very important. Also, use maul more. A deception sin should always have 3 points in it, and use maul whenever exploit weakness procs. It's that good. My biggest hit since 1.4, 7430 on a sentinel, on fully geared players consistently 5.2-6.2k on crits.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

foxmob
10.29.2012 , 07:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrinoos View Post
The difference you are encountering isn't WH vs BM it's min/maxed gear vs un min/maxed. Remove all crit/accuracy and go full power/surge. Then when u open with recklessness you'll burn tons of HP in a hurry.
Also I agree that your spec should change IMO, the 6% dam reduction is very important. Also, use maul more. A deception sin should always have 3 points in it, and use maul whenever exploit weakness procs. It's that good. My biggest hit since 1.4, 7430 on a sentinel, on fully geared players consistently 5.2-6.2k on crits.
hehe sexy.

I made the spec change already. haven't noticed a huge survivability increase, but that's usually cuz I end up targeted by 2 opponents. it's going to be a while before I can dump acc though. all the stalker gear seems to be loaded up on it. at one point, when I had a mix of legacy wh + bm/recruit, my force acc was 115%

about that sans acc approach though, is that going to affect maul? I can't figure out if that counts as force or simply melee.
Krackerjack/Deinon
JC/Harb

cycao
10.29.2012 , 07:52 AM | #15
Well you want some crit, I believe my crit is around 30% buffed with 78% surge and just under 1100 for power with 1950ish expertise.

Pyrinoos
10.29.2012 , 09:55 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Well you want some crit, I believe my crit is around 30% buffed with 78% surge and just under 1100 for power with 1950ish expertise.
Yea sorry, I gear will all power but forget I have the crit/surge implants. If you have the power/acc implants you're right a couple crit mods would be useful.

Edit: and I think you mean 1250ish exp. I run about the same but less power probably have more endurance for the survivability as I spend most my time doing some darkness tanking.
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

Rynis
10.29.2012 , 11:17 AM | #17
Imo deception is in a great place right now especially with all the rage/focus specs running loose!

30% aoe damage reduction always/Additional 25% on demand/6% from entropic field/2% from sith defiance = OMG

I think the biggest smash I've seen on me was for 3.2k.

Also I would take points out of the spike slow and put them in entropic field. The slow is okay but overall it's too easily countered. You can't counter 6% damage reduction.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

cycao
10.29.2012 , 11:39 AM | #18
Yea sorry, I gear will all power but forget I have the crit/surge implants. If you have the power/acc implants you're right a couple crit mods would be useful.

Edit: and I think you mean 1250ish exp. I run about the same but less power probably have more endurance for the survivability as I spend most my time doing some darkness tanking.
Actually I meant was 1150ish...its monday.

gpassucc
11.01.2012 , 10:01 AM | #19
To be honest assassins are in a great place period in pvp right now. There is no other class that has the number of builds that assassins have to chose from that are viable in pvp. I ran deception for a while in pvp and it really is fantastic single target burst. With proper cd management and gear you can easily lay down 15-20k damage in one rotation. Right now I'm back to my deception-madness 0/14/27 hybrid just because I find it so hard to not have instant ww both for 2v1s and to stop them from node capping. One of the main advantages is having two 30m abilities. Also with duplicity, induction, and unearthed knowledge my maul hits like a truck. Overall assassins are great for pvp in most specs. Hopefully they keep rage op for a while so assassins can keep owning =)

Also rynis I'm also on JC, Zaknafien, you do great damage
Gromphe - Persies - Zaknafien (out of retirement)

ComputerSaidNo
11.01.2012 , 11:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by gpassucc View Post
To be honest assassins are in a great place period in pvp right now. There is no other class that has the number of builds that assassins have to chose from that are viable in pvp. I ran deception for a while in pvp and it really is fantastic single target burst. With proper cd management and gear you can easily lay down 15-20k damage in one rotation. Right now I'm back to my deception-madness 0/14/27 hybrid just because I find it so hard to not have instant ww both for 2v1s and to stop them from node capping. One of the main advantages is having two 30m abilities. Also with duplicity, induction, and unearthed knowledge my maul hits like a truck. Overall assassins are great for pvp in most specs. Hopefully they keep rage op for a while so assassins can keep owning =)

Also rynis I'm also on JC, Zaknafien, you do great damage
I wouldn't go as far to say assassins are in a great place. We're in an ok place, definitely a lot better than pre-1.4 but they still don't excel at any given role. That's part of the reason why we have all these different hybrid builds, our pure builds don't quite compete with other ACs with similar roles.
R E D E K