Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

vanguard

ezrafetch
11.01.2012 , 04:14 PM | #11
Let me put it to you this way: even at lvl24 (i.e. sub-50 PvP), I consistently get 200k+ damage in a WZ with my Vanguard, playing almost solely for objectives / healerstomping (next in line is almost always 100k+ less than me). 90% of the enemies I face in a WZ are higher leveled than me, so it's not that I'm over-leveled compared to the competition...I'm actually kind of underleveled.

And this is WITHOUT Ionic Accelerator procs, the crazy bonuses at the top of the tree, and Assault Plastique. I'd probably get an extra 50-100k with those extra bits.

Of course, WZ stats (especially sub-50 PvP) mean very little, but rest assured Vanguard DPS is second only to Sentinels. So I would stick with it. Assault's slightly better than Tactics (especially at lower levels), but they both start causing insane carnage come level 40 and beyond.

Helig
11.01.2012 , 04:25 PM | #12
I wouldn't really put much faith into pre-50 results for the very reason that a lot of people don't really know what they're doing. I see keyboard turners, melee sorcerers, OP\Smug healers who don't use cover to block pull and charge, etc, etc, etc.

Although, yeah, VG\PT is still strong, can't disagree on that.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

NurseDonut
11.02.2012 , 11:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I think assault spec can still do some AMAZING damage above lvl 40.
Absolutely it does. Tactics is uninspiring sub-40 and very fun post-40. Assault is awesome throughout.

steaktrooper
11.05.2012 , 08:43 PM | #14
Are you really complaining about vanguard damage? Please. Even on my tank spec i can get top damage.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger